Recommend a .223 rifle under $600.00

funfaler

OK, my 2c

The only 223 I would bother with is an AR15.

Minis too unreliable. If you are going to run an AK variant, might just as well get 7.62x39 version. I suspect you have the ammo, and the savings of not getting a $600 rifle, plus mags, plus ammo, you can put toward ammo to feed both your AK and SKS.

However, if you decide to go AR, you can really do yourself a favor by building.

Del-Ton and Model1, I have built them both and would put them on the same quality plain, from my experience.

My suggestion. Only buy from them, those things you can not easily add latter.

Like the flat top upper, the barrel you want, flat top gas block if you want.

For barrel, I like the M4, as it is 7oz heavier than the "light weight" barrel, but more stout. I would not bother with bull or free float, you will never know the difference, so why pay for it? You get to a point that you are out shooting this setup, it is very easy to swap out barrels for something else, when money is less of an issue. Besides, why build a lightweight carbine, only to put a heavy barrel on it, making it the same weight as a 308 battle rifle, just get the battle rifle.

Get whatever stock you want, they are the same price for fixed or 4 position.

I would not get the sights or furniture from them, as you can find what you want from other vendors cheaper.

As one more personal note, I don't care for the MI front flip up sights, as they have rounded protective ears, rather than straight. These can 'halo' inside of your rear peep sight, distorting the sight picture. Making you think you have the front sight post centered, but you are really confusing the front sight ears as part of your peep. YMMV.

NineInchNails

I never thought of an AR as a weapon that's a paint to clean.

My father has quite a few and some are full auto. I don't think he has ever cleaned any of them once (in the traditional sense). He's bad that way. His idea of cleaning is to hose the bolt down with some WD40, wipe it up and start shootin. I know that this may not be the "correct way", though his ARs rarely ever hang up.

Personally I like to clean it then oil it.

ARs will work under pretty bad conditions. I believe that it is more important to have high quality ammo than a high quality brand name.

Precisely.

I never thought of an AR as a weapon that's a pain to clean.

Neither do I. It takes me the same amount of time to clean my AR15's as my Glocks or my other firearms... It's easy and quick.