Reasons to get an M-14

cpt-t

M-14

I have always had a great deal of respect for the M14. I carried one for a few years and became very attached to them. Both BASIC & AIT I was lucky enought to be issued a brand new M14 both still full of packing grease but darn did they shoot. I even got a holded of a few M14`s in VIET NAM and used them some, again I always felt well armed with that rifle and as safe as you could be. I always wanted one nad a short barreled M14 come my way a few years ago. They call it a SOCOM 16 or that is written on charging handle, black composit stock, and a short barrel. It was brand new and the price was more than right the guy had to sell it never been fired new in the box. And I swear guys it was not only calling my name but singing to me as well ( I BOUGHT IT ). I have no problems with clay birds laying on th 200yd burm. I am old an fat now but recoil was no real problem. I am now looking for a stock M14 to come my way. I can`t belive any one would not just fall in love one if you shot it a lot. I use mine to pig hunt with and to just carry around with me on walks in the country. ((( GET YOUR SELF AN M14 YOU WON`T BE SORRY ))).
ken

misterE

I'll put it to you this way, I've had an m1a loaded for about 6 months now and I've shot more ammo than in the previous 5 years. They are so fun to shoot and to tinker with. This rifle is the most reliable, accurate semi auto rifle I've ever shot. Just got a scope dialed in on mine a few weeks ago. It will shoot consistent 1inch groups with fgmm at 100 yards. Had one 3 shot group of 5/8 inch yesterday. That is just ridiculous accurate for a battle rifle. I'm learning on the m14 forum that there are a lot of simple mods you can do do increase accuracy. All I've done so far is shim the receiver. Next I'll shim the gas system. Looks real easy and is supposed to really help accuracy. Also gonna get a sadlak nm spring guide soon too. Like I said these rifles are fun to tinker with and it's very addictive. I've been hunting with rem 700 s all my life but I'm pretty sure this rifle is going to get most use come next deer season.

44 AMP

Staff
If you're getting a 5/8" group, your rifle ain't broke, and don't need "fixing".:D

I have an old rack grade M1A (all GI parts except the receiver, the stock still has the hole for the FA parts!), and back when I was younger and could still see:( I got 1.5" (5 shot) 100yd groups, from a kneeling position, using a handload duplicate of GI ball ammo. Was only marginally better from the bench, so I figured, this is as good as it gets. For me.

They are such a fun gun, easy to shoot, and accurate, despite claims that the stock GI gun is only "moderately" accurate.

misterE

I'm dangerous now! Finally figured out how to post pictures!

IMG_0427.JPG
My m1a loaded with sadlak mount.

IMG_0428.JPG
5 shot group measured 1"

IMG_0426.JPG
1st 3 shots measured 5/8". The last 2 went a hair low but still within1inch. This was my 1st time to put any fgmm through it and boy was I impressed. This is by far the favorite rifle I have ever owned or shot. I just want to shim the gas system just because it's real cheap and who knows, it might tighten the groups up even more. I've never really gotten into seeing how small I could get a rifle to group, but this is just fun. This rifle never ceases to impress me.

Last edited:

misterE

how bout this

Attachments

• daniel.JPG
    daniel.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 36
  • daniel1.JPG
    daniel1.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 25
  • daniel2.JPG
    daniel2.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 26

misterE

"Reason?

From 3-300 yards put a big, fast, and heavy bullet in them. From 2-3 yards put a nice sharp bayonet in them. From 1-2 yards give them a big, heavy, and solid buttstock to the head. From 0-1 yards put both hands on the rifle and shove them back 1-2 yards. Then bayonet or buttstock again, as appropriate.

There are better firearms for specific situations, but there aren't many that are better for more situations overall.

Plus it looks cool."

I can't imagine getting a blow to the head from that buttstock!