Put up pics of your hunting rifles, especially turnbolts...

McShooty

Two .30-40 Krags. Top is a Ruger No. 3. Bottom is a Krag-Jorgensen Model 1896 with a Fajens sporter stock and a Williams FP aperture sight.

Wyosmith

Every rifle I hunt with is a hunting rifle.

My favorite rifle to hunt with for the fun of hunting is a flintlock of the 1760 Christian Springs style.

But if time is short and I need meat I usually grab my 270, my 375H&H or my AR-15 in 6.8.

jmr40

I'm generally a practical person and prefer synthetic to wood. 99.99% of the wood I see is nothing special really. I just don't see how anyone could get all teary eyed over a cheap piece of hardwood or even plain walnut, but some do. But the wood on that Flintlock is worth the effort. Beautiful.

Picher

Unlicensed Dremel: You have some very nice rifles also.

My busiest rifle these days is the Rem 700 Light Varmint SF, .223 Rem. I'm finding some loads that work well in it, but they're not the same ones the Tikka 595 loves. It seems to like Sierra 55 grain bullets more than the 50 grain Hornady SPs that work so well in the Tikka.

taylorce1

Here are my Stevens 200's or as I like to call them Savage "Tinker Toys".

Stevens 200 stagger feed .250-3000 Savage, Vortex Viper 2-7X32, SSS Tac bolt handle, SSS Competition trigger, and pillar and glass bedded B&C Carbelite stock.

P1000614.jpg

P1000615.jpg

Stevens 200 centerfeed 6X47 Rem, Leupold VX II 4-12X40, SSS tac bolt handle, SSS Competition trigger, SSS Competition recoil lug, and painted factory stock.

20130716_163817.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Stevens 200 centerfeed, .223 Rem, tuned 3 screw trigger from NSS, Redfield Revolution 2-7X 33 (originally Nikon UCC 2-7X32). I bought this one for me to play with but my daughter wound up stealing it from me to slay deer with after I shortened up a factory stock to 12.5" LOP.

DSC_0022.jpg

P1000660.jpg

More later.

Saltydog235

P7082_zpsd99d8c1a.jpg

Remington 700 SPS Varmint in 7mm08. Barrel was cut and recrowned to 20". Badger Bolt Knob, Timney Trigger, B&C Light Tactical Medalist stock, Mossy Oak Bottomland dip job, Tactical Works Stockpack, DNZ Gamereaper mount, Wyatt Outdoor DBM kit. Now with a Trijicon 4X20X50 Amber post optic. Also barrel and metal work has been Duracoated with a rattle can mesh camo paint on top.

Waiting on Buds to get my 700 Long Range in 7mmMag back from Remington to ship. They sent it back for the trigger work recall, sucks because I have the Timney that will go in it sitting at home. Everything else will be the same except the optic which is to be decided and the finish.

CarJunkieLS1

Guys seeing all you VERY NICE rifles makes me ashamed for posting mine...lol. You guys have custom builds etc etc but here is my main hunting rig.

Its a Tikka T3 Lite in .270 Winchester and is as stock as it came out of the box. I haven't even adjusted the trigger. but it shoots amazing. It has a butler creek sling and a Redfield 3-9x42 scope mounted in the factory rings. It shoots my handloaded 130gr Accubonds into very little groups at 3019fps. Here is a pic

CarJunkieLS1

Thanks Dremel that made me smile. I agree that group is actually one of the larger ones I shot with this rifle using my "recipe". This was the pic I took of my first 3 round group after I found " the load" I made up 9 rds and purposely shot them in differing wind and weather conditions. The last 3 round group I shot a week before deer season measured .317 sadly there isn't a pic of that.

taylorce1

Unlicensed Dremel said:
Holy jumpin crawdaddies, taylorce, how many you got total (turnbolts)?

The exact count will never be known by anyone, for fear my wife will find out. I'm no where near her shoe count though.

Now for my Military Sporters, US made:

1903-A3 Springfield sporter in .338-06, Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8X36 scope, 24" Lilja fluted barrel.

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

1903 Springfield sporter, Leupold VX III 2.75-6X33 scope, don't know who made the barrel.

Picture016.jpg

It is undergoing some minor renovations, but new job and moving has it on hold for awhile.
P1000452.jpg

1917 Enfield rechambered to .300 H&H with VX III 2.5-8X36 Leupold.

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

taylorce1

Can only post six pictures per post so here is part deux.

1894 Springfield Krag in .30-40 US. Smoothest working bolt action I've ever handled.

dsc0796.jpg

dsc0799.jpg

The exact count will never be known by anyone, for fear my wife will find out. I'm no where near her shoe count though.

Roger that, lol. Never had a Krag, but one had an 1888 Commission rifle and that was the smoothest bolt action I ever owned.

jmr40

You've seen most of my bolts, now my levers. I have a thing for straight grip Marlins. There are 2 Winchesters in there but the rest are Marlin. Most of these aren't exactly rare, but are uncommon. The best blend of features between Marlin and Winchester.

The one on the far left is one of only 500 made in 2005 in 35 Rem. The short barreled trapper near the right side is one of only 2700 made in 1988-89.

My 2 favorites, a Marlin and Winchester made in 1958, the year I was born.

mike7.62

Here's my CZ527 in 7.62x39 carbine with a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x36 It's used as a all around every day rifle. I shoot steel case import, American brass case and reload both jacketed & cast. does great with all of them. The jacketed reloads shoot the best. I mostly hunt deer and hogs with It out to 200yds.
DSCN0727_zpsc966493a.jpg

This is my rimfire hunter, a CZ 452 American in .22lr with a Leupold VX2 4-12x40 cds a real tack driver.
DSCN0020_zpsee0fc4ee.jpg

salvo

My Fathers FN Mauser .270

Styer Mannlicher .300 WM - Schmidt & Bender glass

My Granddads 30-40 Craig

Rem 700 BDL 7mm RUM

Ruger GSR .308

I'm leaving a few out for sure, no pictures off hand. But good hunting rifles I should include, Ruger tang safety 7mm WM and a Marlin .17 HMR