Put up pics of your hunting rifles, especially turnbolts...

Very nice! C'mon now, folks - I must have more, more, more!

And yeah, love those levers, JMR - although I like both straight and "p-grip" stocks equally on levers. Wait, the 4th levergun from the right - what in tarnation is that sacrilege in two parts on top of that receiver?

Mosin-Marauder

Time for the younger generation to step in!

My two hunting rifles are as follows:

M91/30 Mosin Nagant Izhevsk 1941 model
In use it for coyote and deer.
Here it is in the field.

And finally, my Remington Model 700 chambered in the Greatest Short Action rifle caliber for whitetail, err....I mean .260 Remington, (have to do a little bragging now!) However sadly unpopular :(.
This is me shooting at a deer with it.

Fisher

2432web.jpg

Remington 700 SPS LH in 243 with a Millet 4-16 scope and a H.S. Precision stock

308web.jpg

Remington 700 VS LH in 308 with a 4-14 Springfield scope and a H.S. Precision stock

remington700.jpg

Remington 700 BDL LH in 30-06 with a 3.5-10 Leupold scope

farmer1911

My project. Rem 700 bolt shilen barrel.

On edit: 4 shots, 100 yards 210 bergers. Breaking in the barrel.

Last edited:

taylorce1

Now for my commercial Mausers.

High Tech Customs built .25-06 on Zastava action with Set triggers. 26" Lilja #5 contour barrel and Bushnell 4200 4-16X40 AO. First pic was when I got it back from getting the new barrel and didn't have the proper scope mounts yet.

dsc0233.jpg

dsc0232.jpg

HVA 6.5-06 or at least it was now it is just an action and new stock waiting for a .257 Roberts barrel.

p1000385.jpg

p1000386.jpg

Kevin Weaver built Mini Mauser in .250 Savage, 22" Pac-Nor 1:10 twist barrel, High Tech Specialties stock. I bought this for my daughter to use deer hunting, but she just won't give up on her .223 for that task.

hannah.jpg

2502_1.jpg

9x19

Rimfires too?

I'm loving the Ruger American Rimfire compact models. 18" barrels, easily turned triggers and good synthetic stocks make for some of the best field guns on the market, and the price is excellent as well.

Top down, .22LR, .17HMR and .22WMR:

RugerARx3_zpsa8940953.jpg

tahunua001

the only turnbolt hunting picture I have is one that I post far too often but what the heck?
100_1529_zps77c9d494.jpg

100_1528_zps535d16fc.jpg

type 44 Arisaka cavalry carbine.

MrBorland

I'll play. Below's my 7mm-08. FN SPR action & Lothar Walther barrel bedded in an Accurate Innovations stock. Sling is Turners M1907. Scope (for now; it deserves better) is a Mueller APV.

FNSPR7mm-08_zps1644c669.jpg

Ruger480

That's a great pic, tahunua - what's the rifle and hunt details? I dont' recognize the rifle

Its a type 44 Arisaka cavalry carbine.
I only know this because he posted it at the bottom of his second picture:D

tahunua001

yes, that's what it is. mountain black bear spring hunt last year. it's 6.5x50mm and I was using handloads with 140gr accubonds, bullet did very poorly and I have been very reluctant to use them again. I lucked out and one half of the bullet hit the lungs and the other split and hit the liver so he dropped pretty quickly, but it could have just as easily missed all primary organs and died a slow painful death.

taylorce1

Coming to the end of rifles I have pictures of my bolt action rifles.

My one and only non-American made sporter a model 93 Mauser that had been bubbaed and I brought back to life as a .300 Savage. I paid $35 dollars for the original rifle. Barrel is an A&B .30-06 that I had cut back and rethreaded, dog leg bolt handle, Vortex 2-7 Viper, Bold Trigger.

P1000473-300.jpg

P1000474.jpg

I have a couple of push feed Winchesters as well.

M70 XTR 7mm RM that I had rebarreled to .375 Ruger.

Picture005-2.jpg

Picture006-3.jpg

This is the pictures of my current project, M670 Winchester in .270 Win. I just picked up a factory Winlite stock from McMillan for it. I hope to have it up and running by the end of this year. The wood stock you see on it was lost, I sent it to be reshaped and have a recoil pad added and the guy I used got sick and his shop closed down and I've given up hope of getting the stock back.

pix833039903.jpg

pix968037518.jpg

Its a type 44 Arisaka cavalry carbine.
I only know this because he posted it at the bottom of his second picture

yes, that's what it is. mountain black bear spring hunt last year. it's 6.5x50mm and I was using handloads with 140gr accubonds,

Very nice hunt! Hope you find a bullet that performs better for that rifle.

taylorce, do you reload for all those many chamberings, or do a hodge-podge of factory & reloads? Or are some just not really shot?

Last edited:

captneil19

pics of hunting rifles

omg you guys sure know how to hurt a fellow whew.Such beautiful rifles,i could only own any one of those in a dream.I think looking at those great gun pics was better than having sex. lol I would be embarrassed to put up my 3 rifles if I knew how.

taylorce1

UD, I pretty much reload everything. I only bought ammunition for a couple of the rifles to get brass. I bought three boxes of .375 Ruger because that was the only way I could get brass when I built the rifle. I bought 200 rounds of factory .35 Whelen ammunition when I found it labeled for $9.99 a box while walking through Dick's Sporting Goods a few years back. Then I buy Barnes Vortex 55 grain TSX ammunition for my daughter to hunt with in her .223 when I take her to Oklahoma deer hunting.

Every rifle I own gets shot, but some far more than others. I usually pick one or two that I'm going to hunt with and work with them more before hunting season. Some might stay in the safe for a year or two waiting for the right opportunity to hunt with it. I'm hoping I'll get to use the old .30-40 on an elk hunt someday.