Precision, High Qualitiy Pistols

Skans

I'm looking for everyone's thoughts on high-precision top-quality pistols (spare no cost), nothing smaller than 9mm. When I think really top-quality pistols, here are some that come to my mind:

Sphinx
Sig X-Five
Custom 1911's
P-210
Korth
older Hi-Powers

Basically, I'm wondering what makers I have never heard of or am perhaps overlooking. Where no expense has been spared on fit, finish, and materials. I don't just want to limit this to current production semi-autos - I'm also interested in discontinued and older designs.

Wyosmith

Older S&W Revolvers.
Any center fire by Freedom Arms.
Old Colt Pythons
Pre War Lugers
"Broom Handle" Mauser C-96 pistols.

Creeper

Heckler & Koch P&M8, M13, P9s 9mm Target.
CZ 75 Shadow T-SA.
Glock 17L, Glock 34.
Pardini GT9.
S&W 952 Long Slide.
Bernardelli P-018, VB Elite, P-ONE.

C

Skans

Some of the replies have been quite interesting to me. I actually had to go and look up about 4 guns that I was not familiar with. I might even have to add one to "the list"!

TxFlyFish

the usual three

sig p210 series (some are more target oriented than others)
walther p88
hk mark 23

USP elite, USP match, sig x5/6, p7 series, hmm bunch of others that are high quality, oh also real national match pistols any of the army marksmanship pistols that are for sale

BigJimP

Your list is pretty good....
a. custom 1911's covers a lot of ground ....( but I'd put Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, maybe Cabot, etc. in that group )...so you're covered there...
b. in production guns the Sig X-Five is there ( the L-1 model ) is my favorite of the X-Fives ... they're available in 9mm and .40S&W so I think you have the semi-autos well covered / and the adj trigger in the L-1 version makes that a gun that stands out in the crowd a little bit.

Those 2 areas cover the best semi-autos in my pesonal collection - in 9mm, .40S&W, and .45 acp !

The finest 9mm I have is a Wilson Combat 1911, 5", all stainless Protector model ...that I've currently got over 40,000 rds thru in about 7 yrs or so ...and its still capable of putting 1" groups out there at 25 yds ...not by me, but bench rested.../ my X-Five L-1 is just as accurate but mine is in .40
---------------------
Colt Pythons, S&W model 27's ....357 mag ---( neither are current production guns - ) and I know you didn't want to include revolvers / but they are some of my finest guns made as well, in my opinion.

Freedom Arms single action revolvers...are current production guns / or current semi-custom revolvers depending on your perspective....but Freedom Arms revolvers certainly qualify as high end, well made guns, made in Wyoming...but again not in your original premise of semi-autos of course...

I had a Freedom Arms made earlier this year in .357 mag, 4 3/4" octagon barrel...5 shot ...its a gun that is very difficult not to like - if you have any indication toward revolvers at all a good single action needs to be on your list. My Freedom Arms will shoot 1" groups all day long at 25 yds...or longer probably ...( again not in my hands, or bad eyes, but the gun will do it !)

gak

1911s - as said, there are many. "Semi-customs" are premium quality but largely off the shelf. Ed Browns come to mind. Customs - Ted Yost/Heirloom Precision, and am sure would be happy to spare you of no expense :)

bac1023

There have been some great guns mentioned.

Don't forget the Pardini GT9. :cool:

018-4.jpg

067.jpg

bac1023

The S&W 952 and Walther P88 have got to be two of the highest quality, best shooting, and best looking 9mms of all time.

063.jpg

066.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

PetahW

SIG P-210, bar none, is the highest quality, production 9mm autoloading CF pistol, I ever examined - They're literally put together like a Swiss Watch. :p