Pocket Pistols, What's best for Concealed Carry?

ckurts

Yeah, Doug, I have one of those "weekend only" CCW permits

I can't carry in the building at work either, and it's my choice not to make a big stink about it to management. But let's say if I ever felt I had a reason to flaunt the HR policy....

Let me weigh in with the NAA Guardian in .32 ACP. 7 shots, a very small package, and surprisingly accurate (but see below). Biggest drawbacks to me are weight and trigger pull. The trigger is heavy, gritty, and "stagey"- but this problem can be overcome. The weight is another matter, it kind of makes it bounce around in my pocket- makes me a little self conscious.

I prefer a NAA mini revolver in .22 mag to the NAA pistol for so-called "deep cover". But of course never at the office.

Rebeldon

I read a lot of fine choices that I, in my subjective opinion, would not consider "pocket pistols".

I dont' know of a single Glock that will fit very well in my pocket. Even the G26, G27 and G33 are a little large for my pocket. The Taurus PT111 is a fine pistol, as well as the Kel Tec P11, but neither fit in my pocket very well. In fact, outside a derringer type pistol, I can't think of anything larger than a .32 auto, with one exception, that would be confortably concealed in my pocket. And I don't consider anything less than a .32 auto sufficient for my personal defense, although I realize even a .22 short can kill if it hits the right spot.

So I would go with a variety of .32 auto pistols. The Autauga MkII, Kel Tec P32, Seacamp DA 32, Beretta TomCat and the NAA Guardian. These are "pocket pistols". Out of these choices, I went with the Kel Tec, mainly because of the lower price. But the Kel Tec is also the lightest and slimmest of them all.

The NAA Guardian is now chambered for the .380 auto. Wow! That may be the best choice of all for a pocket pistol.