Pocket Pistols, What's best for Concealed Carry?

Clemson

An 11 oz. 342 in a pocket holster will disappear in the right front pocket of my Dockers. Gun is light enough that the pants don't sag.

M1911

In dockers, a Kahr MK9 or S&W 642 simply disappear when using a pocket holster. When wearing jeans, you can tell that I've got something in my front pocket, but the outline doesn't look like a gun.

The small Glocks (26, 27) are certainly fine guns, but too thick for my pockets.

M1911

Kermit

I too have been carrying my USP 45. Now that summer seems to be in full swing, the full size does have its limitations. I have been thinking about the small Berettas, the Kel-tecs and even a 5 shot wheel gun. But they don't feel right for some reason. Now, I'm looking at a USPc 45. For me, it's an enough of a size difference to make it a viable option plus all the controls are familiar :) ;)

M1911

I have an HK USPc. As I'm sure you realize, while it's smaller than a full-size USP, it's still no pocket pistol. And the slide is still egregiously wide. Personally, I find my Kimber Compact easier to conceal.

M1911

williamcrane

I have two pocket pistols - a Beretta Tomcat and a NAA mini-revolver - depending upon how many clothes I must shed in Philadelphia humidity, these are my choices for summer carry.

BUTCH48

Love my P32 HC but, so does my wife, she carries the Kel-Tec. I'm carry a model 60 S&W 2" with a bobbed hammer, in a galco pocket holster. Revolvers did feel strange at first but, now I've really come to love their simplicity.;)

Runner

When I finally realized that the Glock 23 was too large to carry all the time I thought the newly released Glock 27 would be perfect. I soon realized that the 27 is a fat little booger :( and not suitable for everyday/always carry. I then tried an American made PPK but was disappointed with it's quality :mad:. I now carry a Kahr MK9 as my "large" CCW and my KelTec P32 when I need something smaller. The 27 has been relegated to bicycling duty where it's indestructible finish is perfect to fend off the sweat of long rides.

Here is a comparison of sizes (the PPK is roughly the same size as the MK9):

0k38827.jpg

rgkeller

I've had most of them, and by far the best compromise in a pocket pistol (they are all a compromise of some kind) is the Kahr MK9 Elite. Great trigger. Size is fine. A bit heavy but no real problem considering you will be carrying a very handy, accurate and reliable 9mm pistol.

riddleofsteel

Mk 40 in Kramer pocket holster with extra K40 full size mag in Kramer pocket sleeve. Gerber E-Z out and Scorpion tactical light in strong holster.
nJ77879.jpg
;)

Little tip; if you carry it in your back pocket in tighter pants it will look like a wallet instead of a boner or tumor. You will just have to remove it when driving or sitting for better access. i put mine in the map flap of my truck console while driving.

Johnny Rad

How does a Glock 26 to a 1911 w/3 - 3.5" bbl compare in size?

Are both about the same length and the Glock a bit wider?

Anyone have better luck concealing one and not the other?

brandon_h3

I would go with the Bersa .380. Its not plastic, has a nice feel, and is relatively inexpensive. Its designed for concealed carry and shoots very well. Hope all these suggestions help! Avoid Kel-Tec, you can do better than that.

contender4040

recommend you decide how you will carry the weapon. then choose an appropriate weapon for that carry. This will stop the problem of too large or heavy of a weapon that will wind up being left behind more often than carried. My prefered weapon is a cz75 but the weapon I carry daily is a S&W mdl 638 revolver in front pocket carry. When dress pants with shallow pockets do not permit pocket carry, I use a Gould & goodrich belly band rig for the revolver. Recommend you go to a gun range as the majority of shooters probably would gladly let you also try out their personal weapons.

pocketman

I have been carring my glock 26 in a galco pocket holster daily, it depends on your dress mode and what you are comfortable with.
Tight pants/jeans with small pockets=small gun.

I wear dockers type or cargo with deep pockets,( not the humungus pants kids are wearing these days mind you!)
polo or t-shirt shirt untucked that hangs around the top of pockets and no-one is the wiser, even my wife has asked on ocassion if I was carring because she was accustomed to seeing a waist pack. When buying pants or shorts I check to be sure my rolled fist will fit in the front pockets.

A good strong belt is a must. If i had to go smaller top choices would be an alloy or ti* S&W j-frame or a baby 32,my favs are seacamp or kel-tec. :cool:

ctc

I've found that my Colt Mustang Pocketlite carries very well in the front pocket. It has been tuned by SM&A and I do carry C&L in the pocket.

20017307235093850496179.jpg

-- Chuck