Pennsylvania-The Rally Point- Saturday August 20th

K80Geoff

Yeah name tags! We want people to socialize and get to know each other. Definitely want Mr Geek /45 to know what is going on. May have a seeing eye dog to lead him around :rolleyes:

Although the firing line, especially the pistol line, appears crowded everyone gets to shoot! No one gets to hog a firing point.

Anyone found not conversing or exchanging ideas/guns will be flogged.

Mike_B

Anyone found not conversing or exchanging ideas/guns will be flogged.

Could we possibly add picture taking to that list.

I really don't like being flogged and I always share my toys.

Asmodeous

I'll be there. Saturdays are good for me. I'll even bring a few interesting toys; shame I can't bring the 'go fast' stuff. Well I guess I could, just wouldn't be able to use that particular setting on the selector. :rolleyes:

Norton

I'm hoping that Spot77 and I can make the drive up from MD. I have a couple of new toys to share...most notably the STG58 that was a direct result of being able to try out so many 7.62 NATO rifles at the last WW event that I was at.

If I remember to bring it....I have two boxes of ammo that I'd like to sell or trade.....

9mm Hirtenberger 50 rds. I don't think this is the super +++++P stuff for subguns, but I'm a little freaked out about putting it in my USP

.45ACP Mil-Surp 40 rds or so. Still in box..got this from a friend in the military and I think it could be corrosive. I shot some and cleaned out the gun really well but I'm not too keen on dealing with corrosive ammo.

Dead

Jamie,

I think it has a 32x scope on it?? I havent shot that thing in years, I will have to take a look at it later. I think I need to get more 308 loaded up and start using that rifle again... 500 yards here I come!

I think I am going to bring a new 45Long Colt Lever gun I managed to get frm a certain (to remain nameless) TFL member... Now where is my 45 Long Colt Revolver?? hmmmm :)

I think this meet should be the SEMI-AUTO rifle/handgun meet.. Bring your AK, AR, FAL, HK, M1, M1A, Mini 14, M1 Carbine ect to the range....

If anyone has a M1 Carbine please bring along.

Hello everyone! This is my first post. I am definitely going to try to make it up to the Rally in East Greenville on the 20th. I'm totally new to guns and target shooting. I'm very interested in meeting everyone, and maybe getting some pointers on how to improve my shooting. But mostly, I just want to have a great time. I don't have many toys to bring along (only 1), but I plan on bringing my Springfield Armory XD-9 sub-compact along for the ride. In case anyone was curious, I am a member of the HS2000/XD Talk Forum. Hope to see everyone soon!

Dead

Jamie,

I wonder what I will bring... AK maybe?? Nope.... My FAVORITE gun will be will very surprising indeed I am sure, it is also one that has never made it to the range yet... :eek: I wonder what you are bringing as your favorite gun(s)?

Jamie Young

MY Bulgarian SA93 is at the gunsmiths. I'm testing out this gunsmith to see if he can do things right. :eek: Getting a rail rivoted on to the receiver, and going to pick up an EOTECH. If I like it, I'll probable do that to some of my other AKs.

I'm going to see if I can like these AK things. A guy over on Battlerifles.com did a pretty good AK/M4 evaluation and I liked the AK more. We shall see...

hoseman

I'll bring 2 ak's one is a mak-90 and a arsenal from texas that has a feg reciever, order black furnture on that one since the wood stock is short on me..and i bring a small table and some chairs. Hope to have the ar10 from armlite with some nice gadgets on it..shot my buddy's with jpriflies recoil brake on it and it was sweet...

K80Geoff

Good idea Hoseman! Bring a small table and chairs as the range tends to get crowded, especially the pistol range.

Jamie Young

JSHolsters and Your American Backyard will have a table and tent setup with holsters and other items they sell, and I'll setup an area for you guys to put your tables and chairs for your gear. We have a few other sponsors that may make last minute decisions to set up booths, but this shoot was at such a short notice, they they don't know if they will be able to do it until the last minute.

I'll have a floor plan by August 20th :D

Um, is this meeting for 2005, or is this an old post that we've been talking about? Because I had called Water and Wings on Tuesday to get more info and directions, and they called me back this morning (left message) and said they DO NOT HAVE anything scheduled like that for this year on that date!!! I just called back, and she's going to double-check w/ the manager. They have nothing on the calendar for that date like this. I will post a follow-up once I get a call back from them. This isn't good. I told her she's gonna have a lot of people showing up that day!

Update: OK, someone different just called me back. Looks like Jamie had just reserved the range for the day. They had no info on the details or anything, and the other woman had no clue about it. Whew! But now everyone there knows about it. Sorry for my alarm. I feel dumb now. :(

Last edited:

Jamie Young

Jason Schafer (of JSholsters.com) is running that so its best to email him and tell him you are taking it.

He needs to schedule each class ahead of time.

If you want to take the Utah CCW course...