out of luck CCW due to travel arrangements???

Status
Not open for further replies.

armsmaster270

The only way I know of for a LEO to carry on a plane now is to go through Air Marshal School and be approved. Before 9-11 I carried all the time on planes on and off duty and Retired Now LEO's have trouble getting through screening with a weapon at most airports except on official business

WC145

You don't have to go through air marshal school but you do have to complete the "LEO Flying Armed" course and your dept has to notify TSA with all of the pertinent info.

oldcspsarge

If you are covered by LEOSA, just carry it on Amtrack like LEO's do every day of the week and have your valid ID with you. Amtrack's regulations regarding firearms apply to civilians ONLY.

LEOSA DOES NOT authorize current or retired LEO's to carry on commercial aircraft. Anybody telling you that is full of it.

Only on-duty LEO's that follow TSA rules and send authorized docs ahead of time carry on aircraft. Lets not go into that in case some Tango's are reading this forum.

LEOSA may well pave the way for future CCW in all 50 states by CCW holders. It has been introduced before but the sniveling Democrats killed the bill.

If you don't like the rights LEO's have under LEOSA, next time you are in trouble, call a fireman or a cab.

chris in va

Despite whatever tiff took place, I happened upon this tidbit on the Amtrak site...

Effective December 15, 2010, passengers will be allowed to check unloaded firearms and ammunition between Amtrak stations and on Amtrak trains that offer checked baggage service. The following policies apply:

FoxtrotRomeo

So the LEOSA was not designed to create a separate, favored group, it was designed to protect LE officers active and reserve. Hence the "SAFETY" in the tittle of the law.

Yes but it just did create a seperate and favored group. The second amendment makes an all inclusive statement when it made no mention of the special, separate, favored, etc group when it said "shall not be infringed".

It's that simple and way it was "the law of the land" because it just plain works when it's not usurped.

My cousins went to a police acadamy in order to be police officers. I sure dont have the level of training and exirience they have. Over 50 years between them one just wont retire........

Then why isn't this training made available for anyone and not just those wishing to become LEOs?

I dont need the fun of TFL turning into he said she said and faxing documents to please his mind. what do you do Sir? whats your profession? are you an LEO? you shouldnt be judegmental AH.

It's the law. Impersonation of a law enforcement officer is unlawful. Judgement is warranted in this instance. That's just MPO.

Wow, this post went South in a hurry.

Certain topics around here always do. At least we can express ourselves though.

Cops I know dont lose their heads, they remain calm cool and collected. Their training shows.

My dad's cousin (I have no idea what the title is in reference to the gene pool in relation to myself.) is a retired dispatcher. The cops often grabbed her to go talk to the captain while they tried to cool off from being hot headed.

They loose their heads. Oh, they can really get steamed.

markj

Then why isn't this training made available for anyone and not just those wishing to become LEOs?

I belive you can apply and go to the police acadamy :) Why do you belive citizens need the same level of training as a police officer. They learn a lot more than that stuff, like methods securing a crime scene, etc. Stuff I just dont have a need for.

Madcap_Magician

Until all you people ruined it for me by clearing up my ignorance, I was blissfully carrying my gun on Amtrak from school to home at least three times a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.