Opinions Needed?

Pistoler0

There's no buffer tube. Doesn't that require changes to the upper and/or the bolt carrier group?
Aguila,

yes, it is my understanding that the buffer tube is built into the rifle's grip, going down at an angle. That's why it needs a special carrier with an articulated "rat tail" pointing downwards, which pushes onto some short of pushrod/spring going down the grip and buttstock. I don't know if the bolt is regular mil-spec, but they do say that no changes are needed to the upper and you can use your own.

This video explains it, its a clever mechanism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbMD2XRxMmo&start=85&end=100

I mean, basically it is the same as a Ruger mini-14 but built with your AR upper, which would improve upon the accuracy of the mini (not known to be a precision rifle) as the accuracy would be that of the AR upper and barrel?

attachment.php

Attachments

• fightlite scr.jpg
    fightlite scr.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

reubenray

With the suggestions of a 22LR I am checking into them for plinking also. If I can find one and ammo. I would want a carbine style not AR style. What brands would y'all suggest? I see Ruger is recommended. What about Savage, Citadel and Rossi? I want one that has rails for sights.

Last edited:

ballardw

With the suggestions of a 22LR I am checking into them for plinking also. If I can find one and ammo. I would want a carbine style not AR style. What brands would y'all suggest? I see Ruger is recommended. What about Savage, Citadel and Rossi? I want one that has rails for sights.
You might want to take a quick look at https://ruger.com/products/1022/overview.html
and the various 10/22 models that are factory available.

Several of these come with rails for mounting sites.
The take-down version may have interest for compactness in storage.

Magazines from 10 to 110 rounds (GSG makes a drub that fits) are available and pretty affordable in most cases.

The ease of changing barrels and stocks means you may even be able to pick up spare basic stocks and barrels readily.

And if there is an accessory that doesn't have a version for the 10/22 you likely don't need one.