No Taurus Bashing Please

Don P

I used my new PT 1911 in 9 mm this weekend for Steel and IDPA and all I did was clean the barrel because I shoot lead. The only issue was with the CHEAP Magazine that came with the gun. Had a jam drop the mag to clear the jam and 3 rounds hit the ground behind the mag. I will call Taurus today. The Checkmate mags performed flawlessly( thankfully I had them) as well as the PT 1911

ET.

I own a Springfield Range Officer. Paid $750 for it. It is a good 1911 trade up from a $600 pt1911. One thing forgotten about in the pt1911 is that the frame is forged not cast. This feature usually is associated with more expensive 1911s. Plus for the money Taurus supplies a 1911 with many of the trade-ups that people want in a 1911. My wife owns a 9mm pt1911 and loves it. It doesn't quite have the accuracy of my Springfield, but it is perfect for my wife. Sure it shoots a little low because of the Novak sites but once you compensate for that, it performs quite well. It's accurate enough for her.

I also own a pt111 Mil Pro that has never had a hiccup. It might be cheap, but it has been as good as my more expensive guns. BUT I don't carry it unless I'm going somewhere where I'll have to leave it in the car. If it gets stolen then I haven't lost very much. If you are counting on the Taurus to protect your family then just be sure it is one of the reliable Taurus guns before you trust your family's well being to it. I normally use more expensive guns that have a better reliability rate for that purpose. Just saying...

Leejack

If you like it that much, keep it and save up for a high dollar one. This will boost your status in gun forums.

I've been shooting the 92 series guns for many years and love them.

I do not own a 1911 so I can't testify to that.