New to the Benelli inerta shotguns

Lima Oscar 7

I Duck hunt with a Benelli M2 28” barrel using 12 Gauge 3” 1-3/8 oz. #2 Steel Shot. If you don’t get a firm cheek weld and/or mount on the shotgun, it jams. The upside is the light weight and relative ease of maintenance.

Lima Oscar 7

I wanna see someone cause a Benelli to malfunction by holding it too tight.
Benelli’s have their quirks——-IMHO they do not pattern steel shot as well as the Browning/Winchester Invector Plus, you must let the bolt slam home on the first shell for Pre-SBE III models and most barrels are 60/40 versus 50/50. That said, I have hunted for 50 years and guided for 7 of those 50 years and in my experience from the late 1980’s when Benellis hit the scene, they don’t jam from a mount that is too firm. That said, I don’t do III Gun and all my experience has been with heavy Duck and Goose loads. They work for me but I know their limitations. I didn’t clean my M2 for the first two seasons sans a cursory wipe down and bore snake and it never jammed if I did my part and shouldered it firmly. They are a dream to carry on a 1/2 mile walk into the Flooded Timber of Eastern Arkansas as well. The heavy Berettas, Remingtons and Winchesters get old quick from my time with them.

Lima Oscar 7

May I also add I no longer shoot 3.5” magnums and the Kicks High Flyer Full (.702 ——- technically a Modified Choke for the Benelli Crio Barrel), is deadly in the flooded sloughs of North Texas and the Flooded Timber of Eastern Arkansas at 30 yards and in.

To Wit: #4 Hevi Steel at 25 yards —- two shots with the KHF Full and 28” barrel. High but effective.

Attachments

• 239E8C8D-1DEF-47BB-A5AF-B6DBD8E41251.jpeg
    239E8C8D-1DEF-47BB-A5AF-B6DBD8E41251.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 10