New Sig 226!

Brit

A lot of Special forces carry the Sig 226, they work, myself, that first (and maybe the most important shot of your life) being double action?

Sorry, Glock 19 for me.

But, to look at, those steel pistols do look real nice!

Uncle Malice

I never understood that mentality. My double action shots are often more accurate than my single action shots. The weight of the double action helps to stabilize the gun.

Roland Thunder

I had the same problem with my Sig 226. I have the E2 grips, like you do. Sure enough the problem was caused by me touching the slide lock as well. It's easy to do as you mentioned. If you use light loads you will also have that problem.

pylonguy

Just joined the Sig cult myself. Bought myself my first Sig, a 226 Extreme.

Have to say I love the SRT trigger (although I havent shoot a standard Sig trigger to compare)

Also love the G10 grips but want to try one with the E2 grips to see if I prefer that.

Looks like I may have to get a few more. Had 2 range trips and easily my favorite gun I own.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 94

marine6680

You just went SIG crazy didn't you?

Can't blame you...

I bought a 226 elite scorpion a few months back, and I love it. The little lady likes it too... So I told her I was getting her a 320 since she liked how it felt when we seen one...

She was like... "So now I will have two SIG's?"

But three in a month... That is a lot of buying.

Uncle Malice

I want the scorpion without the beaver tail. I have seen pictures of them... but all the ones I've seen in stores have the beaver tail frame. *sigh*

rt11002003

New SIG 226

Grew up in KY in a gun family. Spent 22 years with the USAF where I was exposed to and used the M1 carbine, .38 special combat masterpiece, .45 1911, M16 and M60. Didn't do much private shooting. Got back into it early this year. Discovered SIG! I've since bought a couple, a X-5 Competition and a X-6 L1. These pistols are amazing. The whole P226 series is impressive. So impressed with my SIGs, I ordered a P210 Legend Super Target. I know, a different series, but a SIG is a SIG. Almost, I'm sure there are many differences between the Swiss, German and US guns.

bac1023

So impressed with my SIGs, I ordered a P210 Legend Super Target. I know, a different series, but a SIG is a SIG.

Not at all...

There's a huge difference between the P210 Legend Series and you run of the mill P series out of Exeter. Its almost like two separate companies, as far as I'm concerned.

Not all Sigs are created equal. Whether you like the Exeter Sigs or not, there is no comparison between those and what's currently being produced in Germany from a quality standpoint.

Uncle Malice

There is also a huge difference in quality from the Sigs of a couple years ago to the Sigs coming out of the new factory that they moved to. It seems quality control and overall fit and finish is back up to what we were expecting. My latest 2 Sigs from the new factory have been absolutely impeccable. Zero tool marks - even inside the slide, and zero finish blemishes - even inside the slide.

Whatever they're doing, they're doing right at this point.

Just ran my MK25 through the Nevada CCW course this weekend in Las Vegas. Produced the best target of the class - of course that's not surprising, since most people getting their CCW are relative newbies... but there were 5 people renewing and I beat all of them with flying colors too. I was actually slightly disappointed with my group, too. Just reminded me of how much I love the P226 platform. I haven't cleaned the thing in over 1000 rounds and it ran like a top. Just put a few fresh drops of MPro7 down the rails and on the barrel and went to work. Of course, the class only required 30 rounds total but I brought 100 with me, so I used them up after qualification was over. Out of all 30 shots for qualification - 26 of them were in the X zone, 4 of them flew into the 9's. The dang gun just shoots where you point it.

focodude

Congrats! You picked a good one! I like the look and feel of the 226 and like the way it shoots. Most of my guns are polymer Glocks/Kahrs. They are fantastic guns. To me there's something special about an all metal gun though. I have a p226 stainless and a CZ SP-01 and those are two of my favorites.