NEW pistols -- Rohrbaugh 9mm -- more information

glockgazda

Couple of things I remember from inspecting the prototype:

- The lockup is more like cheaper S&W guns such as 908. Nothing fancy, therefore I have doubts about function and durability.

- The prototypes were CNC machined, which with proper production setup should help avoid the Seecamp situation.

Onslaught

Bad news...

I just got off the phone with Rohrbaugh, trying to get the ball rolling on my end so I'd be ready for the October delivery. My FFL wanted me to call him and find out what distributor(s) they may use, and if they would sell direct to FFL.

Anyway, the gentleman I spoke with on the phone (Eric) told me that things were going very well, but delivery date had been pushed back a bit. He says that come he!! or high water, the production version of the Rohrbaugh R9 would be available by February for the 2003 shot show :( :( :(

Apparently, there are still some CNC machines on order, as well as possibly some legal stuff not fully ironed out. He mentioned the State police and ATF, although he did say that all were being extremely helpful.

So looks like realistically another 6 month wait before I could get my grubby little mitts on one....

@#$@#%!

Another interesting little tidbit he shared with me... The R9 and MS9 were going to be the exact same guns, with an internal "plug-in" for the magnetic safety device. This device was also going to be available seperately to upgrade an R9 to MS9, as well as removable to convert the MS9 to R9 configuration.

They sound pretty serious about their magnetic technology, and are still looking at hiring an electro-magnetic engineer in an attempt to make PIN coded magnetic rings so that my ring wouldn't even work on your R9, and vice versa...

Blackhawk

Onslaught,

Thanks for the update! The SHOT Show is in Orlando on February 12th, I believe.

That's good news on the magnetic lock! :D