New Hi-Power

WVsig

Why on earth would anyone pay $424+ for a slide and then $500+ for a frame? No fire controls? You would be way better off getting a used BHP and then stripping it to the frame and starting from there. :barf:

publius

Old thread, but it's mine, so I'm going to resurrect it going in the direction it seems to have strayed. In everyone's opinion what would your choice be of the clones, FM, FEG, Israeli contract, what else?

WVsig

Get the real thing.... BHP

izzy-2.jpg

izzy.jpg

farmer-dave

I would love a manufacturer to produce a hi-power with a aluminum frame and a stainless slide. I'd like one in standard and detective length. Get rid of the mag disconnect and make the mags hold standard of 15 with butpad option of 17. I'd be fine with the current price of the brownings $680 from cdnn but they'd sell alot more if they were under that.

gyvel

Is it the Hi-Power clone that's desired or is it the adulation of something made by the Almighty Ruger?:rolleyes:

Teuthis

There is no better pure combat pistol in my opinion. Keep your Glocks and other high tech pistols. I know that one tends to favor what one's experience provides, but I cannot think of anothe pistol I would rather carry into combat.

Skans

Personally, I don't want to see any more Hi-Powers manufactured unless someone is going to match or beat the quality of T and some C-Series Hi-Powers. Fit, finish, trigger, included. None of this bead-blasted crap and black enamel to cover up casting blemishes.

If someone could make an all forged frame & parts Hi-Power with same perfect trigger, smooth-as-tiny-ball-bearings slide that my Hi-Power has, with a blued finish as good or better than what was used on older Colt Pythons - I'd love to have another....maybe even two, if they could do this for $1,000 or less.

WVsig

If someone could make an all forged frame & parts Hi-Power with same perfect trigger, smooth-as-tiny-ball-bearings slide that my Hi-Power has, with a blued finish as good or better than what was used on older Colt Pythons - I'd love to have another....maybe even two, if they could do this for $1,000 or less.

This can be done pretty easily. I took a base gun 1972 BHP which I paid $450 for and did the following.

Added:

C&S hammer and sear with trigger job.
C&S wide safety
C&S wide trigger
Milled the Slide to install Novak Nights front and back
Installed Spegels

It looks like this for a right around $1000

wwg-2.jpg

wwg.jpg

Skans

WVSig, that's a beautiful pistol - wouldn't it be nice if you could buy a pistol of that quality new today, rather than having to find a 40 year old good one and then having the work done.

Somehow, I don't think that gun can be replicated for $1,000.

Here's a picture of my early '70's Hi-Power - smooth-as-glass:

GunsBoo053.jpg

WVsig

Nice Hi power. I prefer the fixed sight versions but that looks like a nice shooter.

I know what you are saying. It is harder and harder to find unmolested examples of older Hi Powers. I look for them all the time and sometimes find one.

Here is one I bought a few years back. It is one of the nicest blues in the collection. This one will stay as is. It is a St Louis rollmarked gun with the internal extractor.

pre-t.jpg

pret-2.jpg

jaughtman

Not sure..........

I kind of enjoy the "Hi Power mystique" with hardly any clones. A "real" Browning/FN Hi power was always my dream gun and I had several more affordable pistols (Glock, CZ, etc.) before saving up enough to get it. That fact kind of endears it even more to me.

J