New CZ sig P365 coming out today

Siggy-06

That stippling looks like it’d rub the crap out of my skin and clothing without a skin guard holster. I just want a company to make a 9mm more pocket friendly, like a reliable DB9 with a good trigger.

armoredman

I am interested in BOTH the new CZ pistols announced yesterday,

The Micro I think will make an excellent BUG or deep carry pistol where thinness is needed above most things to avoid printing in certain clothing, or every ounce counts when jogging, biking, etc. Me, I inted to try one out as a BUG to see how it works. The sick slide/different internals/different trigger are a bit off putting, but I am more than willing to give it a try. Waiting to see who makes a holster for it.

The other really grabs my attention, the P-10F Competition Ready, with 5 inch barrel, 19+1, HBI trigger, Apex extended mag release and slide lock, just looks like a lot of range fun that very will could do double duty as a carry sidearm, especially with the RDS option. The price tag is a wee bit hefty, but there are some people I know who would be very happy with that. I'd like it for range, hunting, etc.

Attachments

• Micro.jpg
    Micro.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 24
  • CompReady.jpg
    CompReady.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 21

wild cat mccane

Good for CZ on making a "match" gun with actual differences (looking at your HK VP9 Match and Walther Q5 Match). I tried finding one, but I guess this was just an announcement where the M was a release/buy announcement?

Glocktalk has a post about if FDE has officially jumped the shark. Surprisingly, the consensus was yeah, they are selling less fast. Interesting. But I kinda see the gold/tin highlights also going that way.

wild cat mccane

This is a weird one after thinking on it.

It's just 1/2 longer slide but all else is aftermarket stuff from APEX and HBI. Not many comp guns come without aftermarket stuff? You'd think the factory can do better than aftermarket parks can since they aren't doing the fitting...

gc70

A question for those who believe any new gun will probably not be a success if it is longer, taller, wider, or heavier than whatever model may be the industry's current tiny darling:

Why did SIG follow the P365 with the P365XL and P365X?

TunnelRat

A question for those who believe any new gun will probably not be a success if it is longer, taller, wider, or heavier than whatever model may be the industry's current tiny darling:

Why did SIG follow the P365 with the P365XL and P365X?

A lot of people were using the P365 with the 12 rd magazines. Those magazines didn’t add that much in length (assuming you’re not pocket carrying), allowed most people to more easily get their pinkies on the grip, and gave you two additional rounds. It’s not much different than when the Shield and PPS came with two magazines of different capacities well before SIG. SIG decided to build something based around that magazine. First they had the XL and then the X. The first gives you longer barrel length as well as the ability to mount an optic, then they kept the same barrel length as the standard and added an optic cut to it.

Thing is the P10M doesn’t seem like it really does the same as say the XL or X. It doesn’t look like it gives you as long as a grip as the XL/X and in that comparison it’s 7 rd versus 12 rd, which is even more of a noticeable difference in capacity. That said I’m sure CZ will offer the P10M with slightly longer magazines to give people a longer grip if they want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyJim

Since the gist of this thread is about how many of the new CZ Compacts will sell, keep in mind that there has been a tremendous increase in first time gun buyers in the last year and a half. Most probably fit into one of two categories. First category are those who want a Glock because most police carry Glocks. The second category are those who take the advice of the gun salesman behind the counter. If the gun store has CZ Compacts that are not selling, they'll push those. Then throw in the faithful CZ buyers, some of whom will buy the new gun because it's a CZ and it's new.

So, I imagine the CZ Compacts will sell okay, especially in those states with ten round mag limits. But eventually, new time gun buyers will slack off and that may be when CZ starts making the higher capacity compacts. Just speculating.

I agree with you. I do think they will push the Sig 365 or even the Taurus and the Ruger. They will push the 10+ rounds. In my area you seldom see any CZ's. My guess is they do not move very well as most new owners never heard of them.They also sell a lot of SCCY's, and Smith and Wesson.(When they have them) SSCY they always seem to have plenty of stock. I believe the New SSCY is 10 rds as well, but not sure. I do not keep up with them.

TunnelRat

CZs seems to have a small but dedicated fan base. People that like them really like them, while many have never heard of CZ.

When I see new prospective gun owners in stores it’s pretty rare for them to ask for anything by name. If the clerk mentions Glock or Beretta or Smith and Wesson the person might say, “I’ve heard of that”, but a lot of the new people know absolutely nothing about firearms. CZ is well down on the list of what that person will get shown, unless the clerk also happens to be a CZ fan. Also, if the person asks where the pistol is made and the clerk responds Czech Republic that doesn’t tend to help matters. I’ll be honest and say before I bought my first CZ I could probably vaguely point to the Czech Republic on a map, and I definitely didn’t know the history the company has.

CZs seems to have a small but dedicated fan base. People that like them really like them, while many have never heard of CZ.

When I see new prospective gun owners in stores it’s pretty rare for them to ask for anything by name. If the clerk mentions Glock or Beretta or Smith and Wesson the person might say, “I’ve heard of that”, but a lot of the new people know absolutely nothing about firearms. CZ is well down on the list of what that person will get shown, unless the clerk also happens to be a CZ fan. Also, if the person asks where the pistol is made and the clerk responds Czech Republic that doesn’t tend to help matters. I’ll be honest and say before I bought my first CZ I could probably vaguely point to the Czech Republic on a map, and I definitely didn’t know the history the company has.

Not to get off the subject, the the Czech Republic is the one place I would choose to move if I were a younger man. Beautiful Country with great Forrest, liberal* firearm laws, great working conditions, no riots and other crap etc. Do a little bit of study on this and you will see what I am talking about.

liberal*-not the American version of Liberal

TunnelRat

I’m sure it is. I’ve never had the pleasure to visit, but people I know that have had good things to say.

gc70

Carl the Floor Walker said:
I agree with you. I do think they will push the Sig 365 or even the Taurus and the Ruger. They will push the 10+ rounds. In my area you seldom see any CZ's. My guess is they do not move very well as most new owners never heard of them.They also sell a lot of SCCY's, and Smith and Wesson.(When they have them) SSCY they always seem to have plenty of stock. I believe the New SSCY is 10 rds as well, but not sure. I do not keep up with them.

The SCCY has had 10 rounds since its introduction 16 years ago in a package not much bigger than the P365. Then again, it is was hammer-fired DAO pistol with a long, heavy trigger pull that few newer shooters believe they can master. You have probably not heard of the new SCCY DVG-1 which is striker-fired and has a 5.5-pound trigger.

wild cat mccane

Accurate copies the p11. Ain’t no one in their right mind buying a p11 right now.

But you are right that the p11 is the original p365 of these groups. However the p365 functions in all the right ways where the p11 sucks at everything but size and weight.

JDBerg

The CZ RAMI was gradually phased out, with the final 9mm alloy framed version being discontinued in 2020. This was to make way for the new CZ sub-compact pistols with their striker-fire, trigger safeties, and polymer frames. These are the CZ P-10 S and the M series that we’re talking about here.

I don’t mind seeing new polymer framed pistols hitting the market. But I hate to see an excellent hammer fired alloy framed subcompact like the CZ RAMI be discontinued to make room in the product line for another polymer framed striker fired subcompact like this P10 M.

Last edited:

armoredman

My son has the first RAMI CZ 2075 that passed west over the Mississippi river.
Having said that I am gong to try to snag an M model, for CCW use, to find out how well it shoots. The S shoots like a much bigger gun, so I hope the M has the same tendency. ;)

Haha it’s one of the most “American liberal” countries in the EU.
You might actually do some homework on this. I will not even quote what one friend said of the Comparison of Czechia compared to the US.Many things over there that would they would never put up with like what has been going on in the US for the past couple of years. Again, the L word does not carry the same meaning as in the US. And if you ever get a chance actually visit the Country. And for sure, you do NOT have some jerk trying to take away their gun rights. And no one going around and trying to burn down their cities. Ha Ha.

Getting back to the CZ Pistol. I did some comparisond to the size vs other guns. It appears that many will enjoy this grip. I think the pictures on the internet are deceiving. It it is actually smaller than it appears. Actually smaller in all areas compared to the Sig XL and only weighs a mere .4oz's more. Again the grip was only 1.0" which is actually smaller than my Sig XL which is 1.1."
Also shorter in height and has more room for a glove over my Sig. And much more room for a flash light if I wanted to go that route, in fact it appears that CZ actually considered the flashlight more than Sig did. I would prefer the flashlight over a Red Dot, which I am clearly not interested in. Not to mention more room for the off hand for better control. CZ also left plenty of room for a extended magazine if one comes around which I believe will happen.
The more I read about this gun the more I am interested. It grows on me the more I look at it. Actually a cool little gun. It might not be pocket size but should carry very well in a light weight holster like the Desantis scabbard. And for the Price, appears to be one of the best deals out there at this point. I definitely see a trade coming if this gun shoots as well as I think it will.

Comparison of CZ vs Sig XL

skQibNS.jpg

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-xl-vs-cz-p-10-m

Last edited: