Never mind the Best, who makes the WORST revolver?

sm

Another vote for

RG .38
Everyone once in a while I'd get a surprise - "most" of lead would actually exit via the bbl! :D

fed168

The RG series takes the cake for me. I worked on another POS awhile back. It was Brazilian and had a tiger on the left side of the frame. Junky and in .38 S and W.

antediluvianist

Let's hear it for Arminius!

Arminius revolvers suck? Nah. I had an Arminius beater that worked pretty well. Fired for at least 15 years. Sold it ten years ago and the guy who bought it is still shooting it. Not the greatest brand but probably not in the same garbage league as the other brands you guys mentioned. It's German garbage, a bit better than non-Teutonic garbage!

Tim Whittaker

For me, the one revolver that comes to mind is a Rossi either model 66 or 606, I forget, I bought it because of the price, and after a couple of days I got all the lead out of my hand. Now I stick to Smiths.

CarlosDJackal

I still own a POS Pucara .38 Special that I paid a whole $99 for. I've had two honest-to-goodness ADs with this thing. I fixed it by filing down one of the frame scews that was catching the transfer bar.

This may be the Argentenian made revolver someone was referring to in an earlier post. I would not even give this away to anyone who needs it for self defense and I have not shot it in a loooong while. :eek:

Warhawk

I've never succumbed to the urge to buy any of the truly crappy handguns like RG or Heritage.

But I did take a Taurus .38 snubbie on trade once, allowed $50 for it and got took. I took it down to the river to try it out a few days later. I took a two handed hold and touched off a shot, the second shot spit a chunk of lead into my left index finger that required stitches. 2 seconds later the POS Taurus was in the bottom of the river.

Watch-Six

RG's are the worst that I have ever actually touched. Luckily they have been out of business for a long, long time. Watch-Six

Hawgleg44

Taurus

My vote for worst revolver definately has to go to the Taurus. I bought one in "protest" when S&W made that deal with the Klinton administration. It was a .38spl M85 UltraLite. I loaded it up and took it to the range. The cylinder completely locked up after the first shot. I had to open the cylinder, close it again and I'd get one or two shots out of it.

I called Taurus and sent it back to them overnight. I got it back about 3 weeks later with no explanation of what was repaired. It locked up after the very first shot fired, AGAIN!

I called them back and explained what happened. They said I'd have to ship it back to them overnight AGAIN and they would "TRY TO FIX IT AGAIN". They said that if I was not happy when I got it back the THIRD time, I could pay overnight shipping YET AGAIN and they would "POSSIBLY" replace the gun.

I ended up trading it online completely disclosing the problems with it. I had a custom stock made for one of my 1897 Winchester shotguns in trade for it and was never happier.

I went down to the shop and bought a S&W 442 and have been happy ever since.

Got

No wonder Taurus was giving away free memberships to NRA if you bought their guns! I wonder what their market share is looking like now days (after all the people who bought their guns instead of S&Ws have become unhappy with them)?

carebear

That's kind of a generalization. I haven't had any problems with my mid-90's steel 85 or the new Ti I just got last year.

Just like the nightly news, you typically only hear the bad. Bad guns get complained about, good guns don't need talking about.

Tom2

This might suprise you

I think that some of the late production COLTS had some real problems. I bought a Det. special or what ever was the current Colt snubbie about 1996 NIB from a dealer. It was a blue gun. Looked OK outside. The bore was rusted right out of the box. So were the chambers. I scrubbed and scrubbed that bore with solvent and finally got the loose rust out, but then the bore looked dull and frosted, the rust had a while to work. New patches still got brown. Took it back and demanded my money back. Also got a blue special production Colt 45 auto a year or two before. It had a rusty bore right out of the box too. Got a S/S Anaconda later, in 45 Colt, as Smiths were about impossible to find in the cal. S/S, so no rust, but the machine work and finish looked kinda rough. Was not very accurate, and would only extract about half the cases, the rest slipped under the extractor. No fun to shoot a big bore long barrel revolver that is inaccurate, so sold it and swore off Colt. But just got a nice Diamondback from an earlier era (70'S) and it sure lives up to the legendary Colt standards. Back in the 80s had a Taurus 357 that looked nice and was smooth functioning, but the barrel was threaded into the frame so crooked, that the rear sight could not compensate! Shot 6-8 inches left at 15-20 yds! Went to the pawnshop for 60$.