Need "unique gun" ideas

woad_yurt

Not unique but different....

How about a Norinco 213? It's their 9MM version of the TT33. I got one out of curiosity and because it was very cheap. It hasn't jammed yet & it's turned out to be the most accurate centerfire handgun I have. It's kind of blocky & strange looking & it gets looks and questions at the range. "What's that?" Costs way less than $700, too.

There are also the regular ol' 7.62X25 versions for sale all over the net.

Norinco21301.jpg

FM12

Maybe a little to common as in its 9mm chambering, but how about a Walther P-38? Or maybe a Radom.

I got one. Meets alot of your criteria. Not an according to Hoyle auto, but a DAO 4 shot: The old C.O.P. Derringer. This was from the days before the Officer's ACP even, there was Detonics micros and Semmerlings, and this little sister. It's a .357 Mag Derringer. Not a revolving pepperbox shape, looks from the fromt like a 4 BBl. Bazooka. I understand the trigger is horrible, and the firingpin moves around to accomidate the fixed bbls. They are also stainless. Look real cool. Definately something sure to be a conversation peice. these days when you can get an 11 oz. J-frame, not the most practical, but cerainly no joke either.

That FMJ company had some cool cheap derringers. Like an 8 shot .45 ACP pepperpox, I think a .410 too.
How bout the Cobray Ladies Home Companion? Not much better than the FMJ's but they had, besides the .45LC/.410, a .45-70 version, mini street Sweeper. Just some oddballs I'm thinking.
Kimmel AP-9? Tec 9 clone (less tough looking) that supposedly functions real well.

Steyr M's are a good choice though, for practical reasons.

Hook686

For $700 I think a .41 magnum, or .357 magnum Desert Eagle could be found.

pix1147611390.jpg

This one is currently on gunbroker.com

Here's a pic of the COP .357 I was talking about. Saw these in a few 'Blaxploitation" movies from the 70s/80s

Off topic- for an oddball shotgun, how about the High-Standard 10B. This pup was way ahead of it's time- bullpup, Auto, factory mounted white light (big D-cell flashlight, but what the hell) It's a cool, unique gun, can be fired one handed.

For a Rifle cal handgun, maybe the original- The Bushmaster Armpistol (also a bullpup. I believe it like secured to the shooter's forearm at the elbow with a brace or strap or something. I think this was the first Assault rifle pistol (the owner of ZM had one AR- based called his Master Blaster, to go up against the XP-100's in competition but IIRC, that was his own thing and the ZM LR-300 rifle is what came of it, product-wise; could be wrong on some of this). The old Bushmaster AR and Armpistol are very well priced for their class/age of gun. Also the Australian Arms/Leader SAP. The PLR-16 and the various AK pistols are generally pretty cheap, no more than a Glock or whatever, a custom stockless AKSU-74 Krink will be more, as the assorted AR-15 based/platformed will. I'm a little confused on building an AR pistol from a kit these days- some things I've read would make me do a little more legal research first, something specific to AR-15's and NFA parts possession. I'd really like to see a ballistic chart and wound ballistic studies for those rounds from 6-11.75" barrels. If a 14.5" M-4 makes a 62 gr. .223 a 1/5" drill press, are these things better stoppers than 9mm ball? I've seen some .308 HK53 (G-3/Cetme) based pistols too. Not sure I like that, that's why you can't get AP .223 or 7.62X39 ammo anymore (even just as cheap surplus ammo).
The muzzle blast from any of these would do serious hearing damage in short order without protection, even outdoors, and I never used to even take 60 seconds to put in a couple foam plugs, just make sure to touch off the 12 gauge first to less painfully adjust. Absolute must with these. I bet inside a closed car would shatter eardrums.
I think these were only ever intended as range toys and curiousities, maybe a way to get a certain style of gun and giving up a stock to avoid SBR fees and registration, not a serious combat handgun.

Forgot one I'd like- (pre-Kahr)Auto Ordnance M1927-A5 Thompson pistol. This is the correct porportion/ original 13" bbl with Cutts, yet the lack of buttstock or provision to attach one, and OAL mean you can get this with no paper potentially, but no federal registration assuredly. And recall, many or most of the Motor Bandits removed the stock on their 21s/28s for greater portability and concealment (in the "trombone' cases, or under an overcoat). So such does not look naked without it, hanging above the mantle. Or get the Violin case, keep a stock in it's space for one-you can't attach it, but would look authentic while stored as any SBR (then again, might this be considered constructive possession?). Just a thought. I love that era of history, always wished there was like a SASS for the depression era guns/clothing, and include the more easily obtainable hand/long guns for those of us who'll never fire a TSMG/BAR/1911A1 Machine Pistol/Auto & Burglar, etc. instead of the horseback side events have Remington 11's blasting from V-8 Fords, keep the 1911's externally Mil-Spec, USFA bring back production of the 1903 and 1908's etc...Why can't someone start this
(sorry to stray so far off topic)

Last edited: