Need "unique gun" ideas

LFOD1776

well, obviously...

A Desert Eagle in 50AE will surely make people on the firing line wince, and you can get them with all kinds of crazy platings if that's what you're into.

If you're looking for essentially the same thing in a very-rarely-seen package, then you could get an Automag. Here's one for sale now.

IdahoG36

How about an EAA Witness Elite? It is based on the CZ platform, but definately doesn't look dirty or old.

GAnewhg_020106F.jpg

root

the kel tec 223 pistols - kel tec does some just plain cool stuff.

baby eagles (AKA IMI Jericho) - I think these guns look pretty cool, I know you said you hate the CZ look, but these are a modernized take

hk p7 - nuff said, too bad they're pricey, but check cdnn, they had some deals

HK VP70 - a very "interesting" firearm, despite it's looks, handle one, rack the slide (notice the lack of sound). some interesting attachments may be available for it too.

AK pistols - always a nice *** factor (since you asked for it specifically, here's a link: http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=7 just one of several they sell )

Steyr M9 - someone else mentioned this one too

Goncz GA-9 - saw one in my local gunshop, looks like a party animal

Vector CP1 - never seen one in person, but they look like odd enough to be fun.

<edit>
forgot!
HK P9 - I've always liked the look of those
</edit>

kirkcdl

I second the Witness Elite-too big to carry,and more accurate than I could ever hope to be...

Attachments

• Elite match.jpg
    Elite match.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 76

_W_

the fn five seven is in the same price bracket as the hk p7. and with the price of ammo it would only make sense to buy in bulk.

Beansie_Time

You need to get a Calico! :D 100 rd magazine! that'll turn heads at the range

calico950.jpg

Has anyone ever fired one of these? They are under 700 bucks and quite tempting as a range toy I could save up for. That would be fun to have if they ever enact another hi-cap magazine ban.

Last edited:

root

they have one at my gun shop, looks cool, but the carbine model.

now if you're looking for weird carbines too, this list could get way more interesting... :)

JohnKSa

Administrator
Steyr GB might fill most of the requirements other than caliber, it's a 9mm. It's pretty unusual looking and has a fairly unusual system of operation as well.
0b88b6e0bb3ab5b22b50b0971193d444.jpg

pistolet1

While I realize this is probably way over your price limit, think of what this little baby will do when you pull it out at the range!
untitled.jpg
v[/IMG]

softmentor

Not for under $700, more like 1k but HK Elite with match trigger. CDNN has them on sale. Toss a good red dot on it and you have a gun that is truely competitive at the highest level and NOT a 1911. You will love the managed recoil. Every 1911 shooter who has tried my HK at the range ... first thing they said... "I like the recoil!"

pistolet1

KyJim

It is a semi-automatic version of the German MP-40, called the SSR40. It is currently (?) being imported by a company called Military Precision. The stock is permanently welded in the closed position; there may also be a version without the stock at all. Price is listed as $2699.

tulsamal

You can still find used P7's out there for around $599.

Then when you have some more money, you send it off to be hard chromed. P7's are really nice looking in silver!

Gregg

shootsalot

I have your VP70 waiting 4 you!

I have the gun for you.
It was so unique, it was THE gun used by on the movie Alien, very futuristic, and a blast to fire. Always gets questions at the range.
Let me know---

BanditSRT8

If you wanted a carry piece that is sick-accurate for showing off at the range I would echo the HK P7 posts... but for a strictly range gun it is not a good idea. After about 50 or 60 rounds it gets too hot to handle. The gas retard blowback system captures a lot of heat, and can make the gun unbearable on a 200 round range session.

You want a range head-turner that is GUARANTEED to make the entire firing line stop and come over to see what you're shooting?

DSC02579.jpg

The .500 S&W Magnum. Bar none the baddest gun on the range. The report is so loud you'd think it was a cannon. The muzzle blast/concussion is so phenomenal that it really feels like you're being hit in the face on every shot. The 4" model (pictured) features a compensator which reduces the felt recoil, but creates that massive concussion and loud report. The muzzle rise is severe also.

I also agree with the Wildey comments. Unique, highly regarded and beautiful. BUT very costly to shoot.

Sig X Five. About as perfect as any target 9mm can be. Also rare and exotic to those who know guns.

More common guns that can be inexpensively bought and customized... Glock or Springer XD and send it off to Bob Cogan for Ceraguard coatings (frame AND slide) in any color you can imagine... even custom patterns like camo or whatnot... and get it ported. A 3 port setup on a Glock 19 will make it shoot almost completely flat, create a bit of flashy muzzle blast from the top of the slide, and be a bit louder.