Need "unique gun" ideas

jfrey123

Hey all,

I've been noodling this through for a few days, and not coming up with much on my own based on my lack of experience.

Among the list of rifles and other ccw pieces I want, I've got an itch for a "range queen". Something not for carry, but rather something that is a bit unique and something I might be able to have some work done on. Polish the slide, super light trigger, etc. and basically something that might turn heads out firing with a group.

My goals:

-NOT a 1911 or other "super popular" platform. I know I posted a race gun idea back about a month ago, but I don't want "just another 1911". I also hate the look of CZ's, just look so old by design, and they always look dirty. I'd would prefer something with a modern look to it.

-Oddball/powerful caliber. Something commercially purchasable, not looking to make reloading a requirement at this point. I'd take .45ACP if I find an awesome gun, but I'm thinking something more like the 7.62x25 in terms of a high power unique round. Doesn't someone make a modernized 7.62 pistol? Thought I've seen one somewhere but can't find it...

-Semi automatic (obviously, it's in this forum)

-Keep it on a budget. I don't need a "oh look at the expensive gun" response, more like the "*** is that shiny thing!" response... Cheaper the better :D

Any ideas guys? Thanks for putting up with my random questions by the way. This is the only website I feel at home on besides myspace lol...

roman3

You made CZ's sound like something you pick up in a back alley late at night, you wouldn't want your wife to know about and the next day its off to the doctor for a shot! ;)

A modern 7.62, assuming you mean the 7.62 x 17 (a .32), modern designs are Kel Tec :eek: and NAA - you could polish one of those guns.
An old PP or PPK would clean up nicely.

Oh I now see you mean 7.62 X25 would that be Tokarev or Mauser? A new Tokerev design? Well that would be unique. This is not an "oddball" caliber ?

Frankly you should see what you could make out of a Desert Eagle 50AE ;)

UGAdawg

I have a prewar German Luger in 45 that always gets a few looks. Pretty easy to find online and a lot of fun to shoot. The accuracy is amazing.

Auto426

The FN Five-seveN seems like it might scratch your itch:

fn_fiveseven_usg.jpg

It's modern, and it shoots a pretty oddball round: 5.7x28mm.

Personaly, I would like a .38 Super 1911 for a range queen:

PB9114L.jpg

At least I can dream...

Mark54g

CZs look dirty? Even the vaunted 97? How about one of the "Match" grade CZs? You could always go for a custom Hi Power but they are not "rare" just expensive with a load of upgrades. Why not get a P7 and have it hard cromed ?

chris in va

_W_ beat me to it. HK P7M8. Unusual, cool, technologically advanced.

A blued CZ 97 with trigger job would be sweet too.

Then there's always the Desert Eagles...:rolleyes:

jfrey123

I was going to suggest the Sphinx too, but you said no CZ derivatives.

That actually is a very pretty gun, and if it's derived from a CZ then it is a good platform. I just hate the look of the "old" CZ's, since many look like they've been through a war and back (at least pics that I've seen). What would one expect to pay for a Sphinx?

The FN Five-seveN seems like it might scratch your itch: shoots a pretty oddball round: 5.7x28mm.

That's the one I've been thinking of. Remembered seeing those "scary" looking bullets next to a modern pistol, but could only think of the 7.62x25 that some CZ's are chambered in. For the little bit I would shoot it, the .50 cents per round I found aren't pleasing but not the worst. What might one expect to pay for the FN Five-Seven?

Low budgets are king here guys. I appreciate the suggestions, but I'm hoping for something under $700 out the door...;)

hk p7 - expensive
Awesome gun, but yes, expensive $$$ lol

chuter

A Mauser Broomhandle in full auto would be real nice. Extended mag, wood stock, etc. You would impress your friends.

tINY

The Steyr M9 is pretty different - a chromed slide would put it over the edge in the "whoa..." department.

Steyr_M9.jpg

-tINY

itman

I'm with Auto428. After you get a Five seveN go get your self a PS90. Not haveing both would turn heads.

Auto426

jfrey123 said:
That's the one I've been thinking of. Remembered seeing those "scary" looking bullets next to a modern pistol, but could only think of the 7.62x25 that some CZ's are chambered in. For the little bit I would shoot it, the .50 cents per round I found aren't pleasing but not the worst. What might one expect to pay for the FN Five-Seven?

Bud's Gun Shop has it for $840 delivered (Click Here). I doubt your going to find it for much cheaper anywhere else.