My new GSG-5 just came in - photos

durian

I have one. Here is mine. Love it! Only have 5 magazines. I like the Federal Bulk pack the most.

DSCF0101.jpg
DSCF0116-1.jpg

Ridge_Runner_5

Is Federal bulk a good way to go? I was talking to some guys at Gander Mountain tonight and they mentioned CCI was better due to tighter tolerances?

Stevie-Ray

CCI will probably be far better than RemFedWin. Dunno, can you get CCI in bulk? Interesting. So far my best (bulk) luck was with Remington GBs over the Feds. Others are reporting the opposite.:confused:

firetido

I'm going friday to pick mine up, i can't wait. from what everyone has had to say about them i think its going to be a well built little peice.

overkill556x45

I have some money coming my way soon. I think I know where it's going....
That would make a weekend of pretending I'm back in Afghanistan MUCH cheaper than blasting away with the M4, and not much more expensive than a dedicated .22lr upper.....
wallet..getting..lighter...

Mowog

I prefer the flash suppressor to the 'fake' silencer.

I like the short barrel and flash suppressor way better on the pistol, but I like the look of a stock on the MP5/GSG-5. If money were no object, a short barrel rifle permit version of the pistol would be my first choice. I can't help but feel a little bit goofy with the fake silencer can.

Ridge_Runner_5

It is my understanding you cannot SBR a pistol? Anywho, I'll be picking up my GSG-5 Tuesday evening, will likely immediately replace the stock with a folding or collapsible stock, and have future plans of putting a pistol barrel on it after I can afford the stamp...

HawkeyeNRAlifer

I read the article in the SGN on the GSG-5 and didn't give it any more thought. Then last Saturday, while browsing at the local gun show, I ran into several on display. I like the MP5 look, but $500 for a .22 from a company I don't know kept me from buying one. I thought about it that evening and went back Sunday to buy one before the Vikings game started. Before I decided which of the dealers to give my money to, I talked to a dealer that had the pistol model on display. She said she had sold all the rifles the day before @ $429.00, the same price as the pistols. After that I just couldn't spend the $500. If I can't find one around town for close to the lower price, I'll just wait for another gun show.

Ridge_Runner_5

I was kinda second guessing my choice to buy one until I got to hold one at a gun show this past weekend...the rear sight kinda sucks (drum not very secure) but the trigger pull was beautiful...it was smooth and clean with a wonderfully crisp shot...I closed my eyes and it basically felt like a grease gun trigger...

Definately looking forward to getting mine tonight...

tulsamal

Bud's has these on sale for $500 delivered. But one guy posted two reviews and got me all confused. Every picture I've seen of these is of a fixed stock. Including the one on Bud's sales page. So can anybody explain what this guy was talking about?!?!

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55260

First review:

If you are looking for a tactical trainer that won't break the bank, the GSG-5 will deliver. I can't remember when I've had more fun shooting a gun. It looks and feels just like a real MP5. Sure it is only a .22, but at $2 for a hundred rounds you can shoot this thing all day long without breaking the bank. It eats just about any kind of ammo you put in it. No need for expensive Mini-mags. Walmart bulk hollow points work just fine. It is heavy, reliable, and very accurate. I can easily shoot tight groups at 100 yrds with a 3-9x scope. The only bad thing about it, and why I gave it 4 stars, is that you'll want to replace the cheap plastic furniture. Even the factory GSG accessories are still plastic. Even though this is a real gun many Airsoft parts will fit with minor adjustments. Classic Army seems to fit with the least amount of work. This thing rocks with a high quality Airsoft folding or collapsible stock and a metal RAS. You can even use a genuine H&K stock but it takes a little work with the Dremel. So plan on spending another $200 or so on quality accessories and you'll have one heck of a nice plinker.

Same guy, second review:

Great gun, great deal! Ok, I jwrote a 4 star review earlier because I said you'd have to replace the cheap plastic stock. Well, Bud's has done the work for you. The GSG folding stock is made of a heavy duty ABS that locks up solid. You'll be very happy with it. The other options in this package are high quality and all the stuff you would want anyway, but at a great discount over buying everything separate. So now you've got no excuse not to get this gun. It puts a big smile on my face every time I pick it up. Just clamp two mags together and send 44 rounds down range in about 10 seconds without smiling. I dare you. Then realize those 44 rounds only cost you about 85 cents instead of $25 and you'll smile even more.

GoCart

longer shots

Thinking about getting this thing as a super fun pest gun. ;)

What is the accuracy like out to 100 + yards?

Anyone had success with a low powered scope and a laser on this gun?

There is a woodchuck by my woodshed...:cool: