Microgunner

Ain't it cute?

GSG-5001-2.jpg

GSG-5002.jpg

GSG-5003.jpg

GSG-5004.jpg

GSG-5005.jpg

22-rimfire

Wish I had one. A 22 EBR. Cool! Hope you have a lot of fun shooting it.

Let us know how it shoots if you can find the time. I'd sort of like to buy one, but don't know much about them other than what was in Shotgun News and the general price.

Stevie-Ray

You'll love it. I love mine! Most fun owning a gun I've had in a lot of years. Get yourself a cheap red dot like this Tasco, it's a blast!

100_0509.jpg

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
I got to shoot one at the range a few weeks ago, and it was a ton of fun.

Why didn't this thing come out before I decided to get all pragmatic with my firearms choices? :(

Stevie-Ray

Mowog,
I read your range report and I agree; it's a solid report. I submit that your failures were probably the same as mine from my first range trip. We used the same ammo and all my failures were due to underloaded rounds. I was listening intently for the reports and knew practically every time when I was going to get a failure. Every failure was preceeded by a lighter pop than normal. Eventually, I started to simply check the action and clear what I knew was going to be a jam.

Unfortunately, I have been hording ammo for years including .22 LR. Since I have to purchase it again, now, I've been introduced to rimfire failures. I've never had one til this year. So far, I've found the Remington GB bulk packs to be a little more reliable than the Federal 550s. As always, YMMV.

22-rimfire

It does say 22LR HV. Just thought I would mention that. You know, I need to get one of these. Generally not my type of rifle, but I think it would be a blast to shoot. I'm hoping it can at least do 2" groups at 25 yds with the factory sights. I'm not much for the military sights.

22-rimfire

Did you have to order this gun or did the store have it in stock and you just picked it up? My sense is that an interested person would probably have to order the gun.

Microgunner

I'm an FFL dealer and ordered the rifle for myself. It took awhile and several threats to get one. They're hard to come by apparently.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Micrgunner said:
These are the HK military sights which are, IMO, better than most.

Ja, because it ist der Deutsche aperture sight which is superior in ze teutonic perfection of ze roundness of ze aperture to ze aperture sights used by ze inferior Amis, ja. :rolleyes:

Microgunner

Ja Heir Tamara.

Loaded 24 rnds of CCI Blazer (yes, mine holds 24 instead of the advertised 22), went out back and blasted away. All 24 rnds. went through like ca-ca through a goose, without a single hiccup, just as it came from the box (without cleaning first). A good sign.

Microgunner

Bitte, fraulein Micrgunner.

Oops......pardon fraulein. Can't tell by the screen names these days.
BTW, how do I go about changing my screen name? I'm known as Microgunner but accidentally typed in Micrgunner. Hung over I guess.

Mowog

GSG-5 Range Report

Stevie,
I'll keep my ears open for weak rounds with the Federal Bulk pack. I could hear when it didn't cycle properly most times (or at least it felt funny).
22-Rimfire,
Yeah, I didn't bring any high velocity rounds with me. Next time I'll throw some in and see what the difference is for accuracy / cycling.
The sights are a replica of the MP-5's, so they are a bit coarse, but nothing else would have been 'right'. Its probably a lot of fun with a red-dot scope (don't get me wrong, its fun now too). Not a target rifle by any stretch, but very fun to shoot and good looks.