My 600.00 Colt Python ---Poor thing---

Kreyzhorse

I bought a Python this year in similar shape as yours. I've carried it, shot it and will continue to do so.

I'd love to have a pretty one, but I enjoy having one that I can do more than just admire it.

Picher

Around 1972, I bought a brand new Python at the Augusta, Maine Firestone (and gun store) for a little under list price, paying $175.00. It was remarkably accurate and I used it for NRA 3-Gun, and Police Combat (while instructing and part-time cop). It was extremely accurate, but I sold it, after buying a S&W 627.

Reloadron

So you have $600 in the gun. I would give Colt the $425 and have it refinished in the Royal Blue. You said the barrel and action are great so for just over a grand you have yourself a real fine revolver.

Ron

superpelly

Reloadron, Colt does not reblue anymore (Somebody correct me if i'm wrong) they send you to Custom Shop Inc out of Montana. Rebluing with them starts out at 500.00 and other fee's
So I'm just happy with the gun as it is.

If Colt would of never introduced the new Python, Maybe. The investment is just not worth it anymore.

Last edited:

Kurbsky

I also think you got a good deal. I am still hoping that Colt will come up with a Royal Blue version of their new Python. If they don't, I will have to look for a deal like yours and have it reblued by Colt.

P Flados

Shoot it, shoot it, shoot it some more.

If you ever want to get rid of it, send it in for the finish upgrade and then sell it for a profit.