"MOUSEGUNS" Love Them ,Hate Them, Admit To Carrying One

FLA2760

:
Hi
We have all heard of the terminal ballistic shortcomings of the lesser calibers.
Putting that aside who really carries these small guns. I admit to carrying a Kel Tec P32 sometimes as a primary when it is too hot to carry anything bigger on my person. I am in Florida so this happens semi regularly. I like them. Before the KT P32 it used to be a NAA mini in .22mag. :eek:
This should be a fun thread.

Tex32cal

I carry a Kel-Tec 32 and so does my wife. However, I'm thinking about starting to carry it as a backup in an ankle holster and to begin carrying my Springfield XD9 as my primary CCW.

Michael

Carlo

I admit that I like small guns in small calibers, even not so small guns in small calibers. I would carry one without doubt, having a CCW, probably a .32. Well, if I had a CCW, that would be a good reason to get a lot of .32', new and old ones. I feel the need for a Colt 1903 right now...better think of something else. Too many cute .32' out there.

KyJim

Okay, I do have a true mouse gun - a Beretta .25. I don't carry it very often - only when I have to wear clothes that won't hide anything else.

marlboroman84

My BUG or pocket gun when it's not proper to carry anything bigger is a Kel-Tec P3AT in .380. I hate shooting it and I think it's ugly, but I love it for carry lol.

Kreyzhorse

I don't own one, but I want one. I've put a lot of rounds through a Berretta Tomcat .32ACP. That gun is a blast to shoot and I have CCW'd the Tomcat a few times. Great little gun.

I usually carry a S&W 637 with .38 SPL +P and the smaller energy of the .32 ACP does concern me. However, besides a shotgun or hunting rifle, no pistol or revolver is going to convince me that it really has the stopping power needed to take care of business if needed. If I come across the right deal on one, I wouldn't think twice about buying one.

When I go out and have no other carry option I will often take my Seecamp .32acp with me in a wallet holster.

It is better than nothing by far.

attachment.php

BillCA

Mouse guns? I have a few.

I've never felt comfortable with the .32ACP when I can have a .380 in the same size package.

But for some reason, the .32 wheelguns DO appeal to me.

For those low-risk times, one of these might do:
M31pair.jpg

S&W Model 31 .32 S&W Long

As a BUG or another low-risk option there's also this one:
SW432PDhand.jpg

S&W Model 432PD .32 H&R Magnum

This one can go a lot of places because it's small, slim & flat.
M2214-7s.jpg

S&W Model 2214 .22 LR

Bill DeShivs

The wife and I carry P32s-we have 3.
2 P3ATs, Browning .25, lots of Beretta-22s;.25s; .32, Llama .22 & .25, NAA .22 shorts, Browning .32, NAA .32, Star DKs, Astra .22 short, Bernardelli .22 short, Galesi .25, etc. etc.
Bill

possumking

I have a .45 that I plan on using for a CCW as its my fav ..but that said .. the P22 I just bought is starting to look good to. I ran 400 rounds thru it last weekend and it performed great .. I punched the head out at 20 yrds on a sil. target so I figure thats good enough. You'll find people that'll say in their best bill and ted's excellant adventure voice " yea .. but what if your BG comes at you with full face armour or some crap like that " but what if the moon crashed into us or what if this or that. I might carry as a back up or alone.. either one would be better than no CCW. Here in South Carolina it gets hot and you have to do whats practical.

Tom

kgpcr

I never carry a mouse gun. I have no fear of being attacked by a mouse. I only carry a more conventional caliber. .40 to be exact.

rantingredneck

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

My .32 NAA Guardian

60 gr Corbon JHP at 1222 fps out of a 2.5 inch barrel.......

32NAA.JPG

While I'd rather carry this.........

Rem870.1.JPG

........sometimes it just isn't practical............:D

Mark B

I have been known to carry a Davis .22 mag. Derringer:eek:
BillCA
I love that 432PD! It looks like I've found another "must have"! That will be me next gun purchase, if not a Ruger SP101 in 32 H&R. I see that Charter Arms has a new .32H&R mag. called the Undercoverette. Between the MSRP of the Ruger being too high IMO, and the quality of the Charter Arms being too low IMO compared to S&W, I'll have to search for a 432PD.

skeeter1

Everyone needs at least one Mousegun

This is mine. I inherited it from my late father. 1962 High Standard DM-101 .22 Magnum derringer. I did gussy it up with some walnut grips, but I kept the original plastic grips. Even my .357 Mag shooting buddies were impressed with the fireball that comes out of her when we took her out to the range last summer.

I'm still trying to talk myself out of getting a NAA .22 Magnum mini revolver. I haven't shot one, but I bet it would be a lot of fun :D

Attachments

• mousegun.JPG
    mousegun.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 204