Mousegun preference

seeker_two

If limited to the following three, which would you prefer to have:

1. A .25acp auto (your choice of brand)
2. A .22mag mini revolver (NAA)
3. A .38spl 2-shot derringer (your choice of brand)

This came up in a discussion w/ a friend yesterday. (I know about the .32's, but I just want to discuss the points of those listed above).

Thanks in advance....

Marko Kloos

I'd pick the .25 auto, namely the Beretta Jetfire. It holds more rounds, is easier to manipulate, and easier to shoot accurately than the other two selections.

Glen R

Ditto on the Jetfire. I like the power of that .22 magnum, I just couldn't hit crap with the one I tried.

Cheers,
Glen

WESHOOT2

Minniethinking

I chose the NAA, as I remember an assault in Chicago where the 25 ACP bullet bounced off a military uniform's (Major, FYI) button, and everyone I've ever met who owned a derringer shot themselve with it.

Can you say Kel-Tec P32?

Kentucky Rifle

Jetfire...

I'll take my INOX Jetfire too.
Twice now, there's been a local guy who dropped one of those two shot .38 Special Derringers, and both guys got shot when their Derringers went off. One happened as he was getting out of a car. The Derringer fell and fired. The bullet entered just behind his ankle and travelled upwards about a foot and remained INSIDE the leg. (I bet THAT hurt!)

KR

priv8ter

NAA

I would take the 22mag mini. I know it's not a plinker, but the cost comparison of 22lr to .25 ACP makes me believe I would practice more and Learn to shoot that gun. After looking at the shells side by side, I refuse to believe that a .25 can do anything a .22 can't.

That being said, I most certainly wouldn't volunteer for to be a test subject to verify the penetration for either a .22 or a .25.

lhkas

I'VE GOT A KEL-TEC P-32 GREAT LITTLE SHOOTER, FITS RIGHT IN YOUR SHIRT POCKET,NO ONE KNOW'S YOU EVEN HAVE IT.

DDGator

NAA

I have a NAA mini 22 mag on me all the time. It is a great shooter. Very accurate -- even out to 15 yards (yes yards, not feet). It fires every time and is not very susceptible to pocket lint or rust or similar mousegun maladies. Furthermore NAA makes a high quality product and stand behind them forever.

BamBam

I'd take the .25 semi-auto as well. The tiny .22 revolver is hard to handle under stress and two shots of .38 (or anything) isn't enough for me.

I have a Jetfire but am replacing it with a Kel-Tec P-32. The Jetfire's barrel tipped up on me once when I fired it; never felt comfortable with it since. Called the factory and got the "It's your fault" treatment.

I REALLY like my P-32 but had to send it back to the factory twice in the first 50 rounds. At least they acknowledged the problem and fixed it. Since then I have 450 rounds thu it with no problems. Soon I think I'll feel like I can depend on it. I hope so because it's really a neat pistol and packs a punch for only weighing 6.5 oz.

cheygriz

Beretta 950 Jetfire by a mile.

Ask a couple of dozen older, street wise cops (not young, macho rookies) what they carry for deep cover, and more of them will say .25 than any other.

During my 15 years as a police firearms instructor, I saw more experienced officers carying the Beretta than any other deep cover weapon.

Having said that, I must also say that any of the three you mentioned are deep cover, last resort weapons. I carry a .25 when I feel completely safe. I carry a Sig 239 in 9MM at all other times.

MikeJ

Beretta Jetfire for sure. I tried the NAA mini revolver but could never learn to hit with it. I use to carry a Jetfire and did very well with it and to me when you get to the point of needing your deep concealment piece you better be able to hit with it without question. I have since moved on to the NAA Guardian .32 and absolutlely love it.

johnwill

Personally, I wouldn't let myself get limited to the choices presented, since they aren't the best choices available!:rolleyes:

CZ_

Another vote for the Jetfire.

Its a great little gun.

.25 ACP is a weak round, but at least you have 9 rounds available.

The main thing I like about the Beretta pocket pistols (that feature the pop-up barrel), is that if your magazine breaks, you can easily load the barrel and still have a capable single shot handgun--in the worst case scenario of magazine failure and no backup magazines available.