Most reliable 9mm

wild cat mccane

P09/P07 is not my favorite because it requires parts to make the trigger not stink, and not guaranteed what the parts will do (according to Cajun Works).

However the P09 is cheap right now.
Gun.deals is a website for all.

1972RedNeck

In regards to my SIG, It has been jamming since day one that I have owned it. I have put new springs in it to no avail. Sent it to Sig and they polished the feed ramp (not sure what else) and got it back looking like they soaked it in a bucket of gun oil. Ran better, but still jams with a couple brands of ammo and tries to "catch" with everything except white box Winchester. Have 6 Sig/Meg Car mags and it does it with all of them.

I am asking around for a good local smith to take a look at it for me.

I am just concerned that it will be a dust magnet when it is dripping with oil and that will make it even less reliable. I have not had problems with dust - I am just concerned that I will.

I keep my truck guns in good holsters to help keep dust out and I keep them clean. I haven't had any problems from dust, I just want to keep it that way.

TailGator

Beretta 92 has come up a couple of times. My reservation about that one is that it likes to run a bit on the wet side, which will trap a lot of dust and grime. I love mine, but I don't think it's the best choice when the OP says he wants something to run fairly dry. I'm in the Glock crowd for this application.

jetinteriorguy

Try EWL Slip 2000 lube, I’d bet it solves your problems. Plus it works better for plain old cleaning than any cleaner I’ve ever used in the last 58 years. Just be very frugal in your application, it likes to seep into the nooks and crannies, all it takes is a few drops.

S&W-Keeper

I have 2 Sig 229's one is fantastic.The other one is a pain in the butt.It took 3 trips back to the factory to get it to feed properly.The Glock 19 should work well for you.

Slotback

I must agree with recycled bullet. That CZ P-09 is a heck of a choice. It is seriously underrated. It's smaller brother the P-07 is also outstanding. I'm a big fan of both, and I don't particularly care for a DA/SA platform.

gnappi

WOW! What a surprise, a Sig .40 that doesn't feed? I have a few Sigs in.40 everyone feeds perfectly.

Sevens

I feel there are two right answers to this question.

1) each example is it's own animal so without testing, you can't know. The world has had very good luck with the Sig platform and yet you apparently have a lemon, and this shows us clearly that you cannot simply pick a model and be right.

2) Glock 17. Why do I say this? Because Glock tried to convince the world that nothing was more reliable so they made claims that were somewhat outlandish (for that time in history) and they almost begged shooters to call them out on it. Because Glock pistols were never outrageously expensive, MANY bought them and confirmation bias meant that the lion's share of owners were also convinced that nothing was more reliable.

That's not the reason for my answer... but this is:

Because the reputation for Glock 17/Glock in general reliably is so massive, plenty of bloggers (early days) and youtoobers (these days) have done and will continue to torture Glocks more and more in an attempt to prove or disprove the legendary reliability reputation. And Glock fares pretty well when they try.

You want the MOST RELIABLE 9mm pistol possible...? Pick from some well-known players and shake them out. But if you can't or won't do that, get a Glock 17 (and make NO CHANGED WHATSOEVER and by that I mean zero zero zero changes, zero) and you probably have a "likely good enough" answer.

gwpercle

Walther P-38
Mine will feed, fire and eject any load I have fed it ... including some of my handloads with 38 special cast lead SWC's 150 gr. and 155 gr. I would have bet money those heavy .358" revolver bullets would NOT feed ... but the old P-38 shot them like they was made for the 9mm Luger .
If you have one , replace a few of the old springs with new ones and see what all it will do !
Gary

44 AMP

Staff
"Most reliable" in general terms is just that. Always be aware that what matters is what the gun and the ammo in your hands does.

EVERY semi auto CAN JAM.

Even the ones with the "best" designs and good reputations.

And, its not always the gun's fault. Sadly, some folks will run a good gun with the cheapest "range fodder" ammo they can get, and then blame the gun when something doesn't work as well as they expect.

CUBAN REDNECK

Given your description of the daily environment I would recommend the following:

- Glock, any, take your pick.
- Beretta 92 series
- Sig 226/228 in 9MM
- Ruger P89, if you can find one.

Jbar4Ranch

I carry a pistol in all of my farm vehicles as a basic tool (varmints, deer hits, badly injured cattle, etc). Lots of dirt roads with lots of dust.
For most farmers/ranchers, who actually make their living as such, that could be in excess of fifty pistols - tractors, combines/harvesters, skidsteer, spray truck or plane even, mowers, spreaders, swather, self-propelled baler, field trucks, semi-truck, fuel truck, other service vehicles, a car or two, ATV/UTV, and so on.

Sell the assortment you've currently got and work out a volume deal on Glock 17's. ;)

Moloch

Glock 17 and Sig P320 fullsize. Not a single malfunction with thousands of rounds of different bullet weights and brands through them.

1972RedNeck

For most farmers/ranchers, who actually make their living as such, that could be in excess of fifty pistols - tractors, combines/harvesters, skidsteer, spray truck or plane even, mowers, spreaders, swather, self-propelled baler, field trucks, semi-truck, fuel truck, other service vehicles, a car or two, ATV/UTV, and so on.

Yeah, just my highway legal pickups/service truck. I have over 20 total tractors and combines. Used to keep a rifle in the back window of my pickups but with the way things are changing in this area, that's just not a good idea anymore. Not really worried about someone breaking in if there's nothing valuable in sight so a pistol is a better option.

Still have rifle mounts for the tractors from a few years back when badgers were trying to take over our fields.

GLK

As so many others have said Glock it and forget it. But if you happen to be one of those absolutely never a Glock types I recommend you look at the SAR-9 line. It is one of the few handgun companies to claim a 50,000rd barrel life & put their gun through 100,000rd endurance test for functioning. A lot of gun for the money(cheaper than Glock)BTW I own 4 Glock models and 3 SAR models.