• Beretta

Votes: 43 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 28 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

predecessor

Answer me this, how can Glock be over rated when it's a well made, accurate, reliable and affordable handgun.

I certainly don't deny the veracity of your description above. But almost every major pistol on the market is well made, accurate, reliable and affordable. Glock is over-rated because many of their owners, and even their marketing department, tout them to be more than this description.

Recoiljunkie44

I Personally think Smith and Wessons are completly overrated, Because for cheaper you can buy a more reliable gun through Ruger also Colts are way out of any price range that im in but I Personally am a ruger man having a bunch myself! so theres my vote!

EnoughGUN

overrated

Look at all the hits on the Glock, it seems Glock bashing is alive and well on this forum. Glocks sales figures speaks volumes about what the gun buying public thinks of them and that's what counts. I voted for Sig, because I owned a P-220 as a LEO duty weapon and it turned out to be a rusty POS that I traded on my Glock 21 that I still caryy and that's been over ten years ago. If you can not hit what you're shooting at with a Glock, you need some serious range time with a good Firearms Instructor because you simply don't know how to shoot...

7th: LEO Firearms Instructor/Glock Armorer

Funny how Glock fans can crap on everything else and it is OK but when someone does not agree that Glock is the end all be all of gun development they are bashers. Sounds like the Democrats.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway... The question was which are over rated and most of the other guns mentioned are well thought of because they are ... well, GOOD guns. People on the whole think they are darn good and they are. Two guns though stand out as being toted as super guns frequently imbued with practically supernatural powers. Those two of course are 1911s and Glocks. They are overrated. They are both fine guns that perform well but sorry guys that's about it. There are other guns that are as good as these two and even better in some areas. The above quote says sales figures speak for themselves. Really? They sell a lot of Ford Taurus cars and they are junk. They sold a lot of Reliant K cars... crap. They sold piles of Blu Blocker sunglasses... crap. The quantity of a product sold really has little to do with its over all quality.

Not saying the Glocks and 1911s are not good, they are. Just saying they are NOT worthy of the religious cult like worship some people lay on them.

Something comes to mind. If Glocks are so super awesome why is it people need to change the barrel the frame the slide the trigger etc etc? You can build an entire Glock from aftermarket parts. I'm guessing if they were so good the aftermarket parts support would not be doing such a booming business. I see a LOT of suped up Glocks yet very few hopped up HKs, CZ, FNs. If the whole they sell piles of Glocks so they must be better idea holds true then following that type of logic the huge supply of aftermarket parts must mean they need a lot of upgrading.

Last edited:

shooter-55

So what's the big deal. In my opinion, every gun has it's worth. Just because someone can only afford a $139 HiPoint doesn't make it a bad decision. When it comes to defending yourself, it's better than a stick. A 9mm makes the same size hole from a Kimber or a Hi Point. Over-rated or under-rated, if it shoots and is reliable, it's good.
Don't bother telling me how crappy the cheap guns are in response. If that's all I could afford, I'd use it.

UtahHunting

For me the most overrated would be a Kimber. I would expect a $1000 gun to operate "out of the box" without smithing or problems. This doesn't seem to be the case for a large number of Kimbers.

Since this thread started WWWAAAYYYY back in 2002 and started back up again for no apparent reason, this one has a fork stuck in it.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.