Most accurate 9mm ??

ragwd

Beretta m9, It has a great trigger which helps with my accuracy. But as it has been said already, what I shoot well , someone else might not. I think something that you shoot well, then start reloading a round tuned to your pistol will make the biggest difference for you.

mrbentley57

Are you entering in the Off Duty semi auto pistol division? if so then the barrel length can not exceed 3.5" That leaves a lot of 1911s and larger pistols like the CZ75B and my favorite 5906 out. Just wondering?

Beentown71

Hard to top the Witness Elite Match for the price. The STI is a great choice also.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Zhillsauditor

I am waiting on a CZ Tactical Sport I just purchased. Then I'll let you know. Otherwise, I would have to say that I've been most accurate with my CZ P01, although the difference between it and the 92f I used to own was not much.

sirgilligan

I like both the Browning Hi-Power and the CZ 85B. I have a S&W 659 and have shot my Dad's Ruger SR9. The S&W and Ruger does not fit my hand, nor point as well as the BHP or CZ. Hand fit, sights, and trigger are the main contributors for me, and when it comes to tight groups, it is the trigger.

All of these targets are free standing, two hand hold, no leaning or resting, and usually common range ammo.

BHP, 7 yards, 10 rds

photo4.JPG

BHP, 7 yrds, 10 rds
photo3.JPG

CZ 85B, 10 yrds, 10 rds, hand loads
IMG_0153.JPG

CZ 85B, 15 yards, 15 rds
IMG_0116.JPG

CZ 85B, 25 yards, 13 rds (target is mislabled, I wrote on the target before I loaded and ran it out there only to find I had 13 rounds left, took picture while it was still hanging)
IMG_0117.JPG

Both firearms are factory stock, no trigger job, no sight changes, just regular service pistols.

I have no idea about target pistols or custom pistols.

jaughtman

I was assuming....

The Sig 210 would dominate this thread, but since I don't have one I will list my two most accurate pistols - BHP and HKP7. The BHP has the edge, however - that thing is just more accurate that I ever expected it to be.

J

BigJimP

Most accurate 9mm's in my safe...is a tossup between 2 guns....

a. Wilson Combat, 5" gun, 1911 obviously, in 9mm ...1" guarantee at 25 yds...and I shoot it a lot ...in any number of tactical drills...out of a holser, double taps, reloads, etc... A Protector model,in all stainless, with ambi safeties, mag well and night sights on it will cost you about $3,000. Mine has close to 40,000 rds thru it ( its about 5 yrs old ) and its still as accurate and as smooth as the day it came out of the box.

b. Sig 226 X-Five ...in 9mm or .40S&W...they are a single action only gun / depending on which version you buy. The top end one is around $ 2,300 or so, and it has an adjustable trigger in it. I have mine set at about 2.5 lbs... Its way to heavy to carry / its around 55 oz with a full mag in it...and its a high end - competition level gun / all stainless, wood grips. Nice gun....and a gun that will do a 1" group at 25 yds...

I lean toward the 1911 a little ...but I like the X-Five a lot as well.

PSP

My HK P7 is a nice gun and shoots pretty well, as evidenced by the target below, (6mags of 8 rounds each) ...
raggedhole.jpg

...but, accurate to me means rounds are close, if not touching. Accomplished with a HK USP Elite.
Elite45target-1.jpg

Most modern guns will shoot a fairly tight group in the hands of a good shot. I recently bought a GSG 1911-22 that produced a quarter sized group with the very first magazine. A really good gun, one that has consistently precise barrel to slide fit and a decent trigger, will produce a 1" group at 12-25 yards. The only variable should be the skill of the hand holding it.

Pilot

My three most accurate 9MM pistols are very close in accuracy, but the Browning Hi Power is easiest for me to shoot accurately. Somewhat in order they are:

Browning Hi Power - 1194 MK III Silver Chrome

HK P7M8 (or PSP, they're equal)

CZ-75B

All of these are bone stock with no mods whatsoever. A little trigger work on the BHP and 75B would make them even easier to shoot accurately.

Fargazer

I have seen a lot of good feedback (especially for PPC) on the 6 inch 1911 pattern guns, particularly from STI (TargetMaster) and Les Baer. Given the extended sight distance and the single action trigger, I can see why.

scottycoyote

ive never shot off sandbags or a rest with a pistol, but just shooting like i normally shoot id say hk usp, followed closely by a browning highpower

Jim Watson

Been a while since I shot PPC but from talking to an active shooter, THE gun to have is a S&W PPC 1500. I don't know if they are still making them but if not, one is worth looking for. I watched him shoot the one he eventually bought in side by side comparison with other guns, including a 952, and it was substantially more accurate than any of them.

Otherwise you could go with a seriously accurized 9mm 1911oid.

Some of the well known mass produced guns mentioned here would do ok in the service pistol competition, but it takes more than a "nice gun" to keep up in the match pistol events.

ripnbst

Shooting that distance in a competition setting I'd look no further than a 1911 chambered in 9mm. Which brand I don't know who all makes 9mm in that platform but that's where I'd start.

5R milspec

what no love for a Springfield EMP.well I vote for the EMP mine shoots anything I feed it.or it has so fare.just no pics to back it up with.just plenty of people to speak fo it.

Jim Watson

How does it do at 50 yards? On a B27 target with 4x6" ten ring.

That applies to anything discussed here.
PPC is a precision game, not quite as hard as bullseye, but almost.
One hole groups at 10 yards mean nothing; what will the gun (and ammo) do at 50 yards?

"How does it do at 50 yards? On a B27 target with 4x6" ten ring.

That applies to anything discussed here.
PPC is a precision game, not quite as hard as bullseye, but almost.
One hole groups at 10 yards mean nothing; what will the gun (and ammo) do at 50 yards?" * ******************* TYPICALLY, about five times as large, all things being equal...................