Mossberg "re-invents" the classic 30-30 levergun...

SHNOMIDO

i have to second, third, or fourth, whatever were up to-

No rail on top?

I guess you could use three lasers. thats kind of the same as an optic.

abelacres

Hardcase I think you meant "Tatical Joke" :D

Different strokes for different folks but I'd laugh my what little behind I have off if I saw someone with that.....

They should have called it the Gecko30/30

arcticap

These guns do have some similarities with American western style guns except with some modern innovations.
They're new generation guns that are loosely based on traditional American gun designs.
It's just like how black powder shooting progressed to modern cartridges and then smokeless powder.
It's simply the evolution of western design for the more modern cowboys. :)

Last edited:

tmlynch

No, this really is progress

I am not wild about the buttstock on this thing, but the fore end does capture at least mild interest from me. It may look non-traditional, but it does address some needs that people have in the real world (and not just in urban zombie hunting threads).

I have been thinking about a lever action .30-30 as a pig rifle lately. All well and good, except that sometimes hunting feral hogs happens at night. I can buy a Marlin with a rail on top, which makes a great place to mount a scope. It is not a good place to put a light; it would block the sights.

Suddenly Mossberg has a rifle on which I could easily mount a light (and a laser and a Picatinny thermos). That is progress and then some.

My quibble is that it doesn't go quite far enough. The problem: No rail on top for a scope! ;) At least it is still possible to mount one on the receiver.

Regards,
Tom

deerslayer303

ummm uhh yeah, I'm not quite sure what to think about that thing! I love my lever guns, but I will have to ponder that one for a while.

deerslayer303

Oh wow I was lookin around Mossbergs website and I found the 802 with a BARRET STYLE MUZZLE BRAKE hahahah OMG And the .22 tacticool lever gun has a muzzle brake on it too LOL

Attachments

• 802.jpg
    802.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 47

Gehrhard

Geez, you guys are making me feel bad and I am thinking of returning mine now.
:(
;)
I created regional blackpowder shoots from camping sites to retail prizes and Model 94's were the latest arm I'd accept. This'd be allowed. Model ...22 has no flash suppressor and looks alot more traditional. Now we just need, and I'd seriously consider one in, different calibers... .357 Maximum... .22 Mag... Nice light, indestructible, relieable, truck and field gun, no?

Last edited:

abelacres

Lol sorry Gehrhard you know we don't like folks changing classic lines

I'm sure there is a market for it but I can't think of one. Though the truck gun thing may have merrit....

Stephanie B

I just threw up in my mouth.

My fear is that if I bought one of those things, the holy ghosts of John Wayne and Gene Autrey would come in the night and beat me into a coma.

:D

dalegribble

you can put fat tires and mags on a model t but it still won't be an indy car.

the lever action rifle was the first assault rifle, it is still as viable in its original form today as it was then. unfortunatly or fortunatly there have been improvment in firearms technology, better bullets, longer range shooting, semi and full auto rifles. folding butt stocks, fiberglass stocks, picatinny rails and hanging gadgets all over isn't going to turn it into an m4. john wayne didnt need lasers and refex sights, all he needed was a large loop lever.

treg

Laugh all you want but for many folks, both abroad and right here in the USA, this may be the best they can legally own. THINK before you vote, and encourage others to do so, or we'll all be in the same boat or worse.