Mini 14 400yds PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

Jamie Young

I heard that too............. Ruger has sold Mini 14's to some South American Countries. I don't know if its Police or Military.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I think the Bahamas marching band carries them...

That's the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.

For the record, the Ranch Rifle I owned had a laminate stock and would do 2-3moa with a scope. The iron sights were pretty bad (almost non-function IMO) until I did a lot of work on them.

Good shooting,

John

Sundance

DonQuatU

I said...

I don't have the documentation in front of me to support this

I just heard it or read it somewhere...I don't know it for a fact...I do think I remember it was something third world...maybe in South America...

Sundance

DonQuatU

I just went back and reviewed your posts on this topic and after doing so, I'm sorry I even bothered to reply to your inquiry. You are obviously biased against the Mini and have a generally sarcastic method of letting everybody know about it. It would seem to me that anybody who hated the Mini so much wouldn't waste his time talking on a post about Minis.

slidelock1

The fact that the original models design was not conductive to mounting a scope is pretty good evidence that the designers did not see this gun taking on the role of benchrest rifle. The ranch model, to correct this shortcoming, came about due to consumer and dealer request for such a feature. And if the gun was offered as a military version it is just as accaptable as the A1 M16 with its slender barrel profile that proved to be unacceptable on a service rifle due to its lack of accuracy as the barrel heated up. From the original post however I agree the gun is "Battlefield accurate" if you can keep shots on a torso size target at 400 yards.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
slide, there are a number of folks who can't seem to understand that not every rifle is intended to provide great target accuracy. Further, they can't seem to understand that any thin-walled barrel will "wobble about a bit" when it's heated by firing. These rifles perform quite adequately for three to five shots and hunting-type accuracy.

Anybody who can't put three to five slow-fire shots from a Mini-14 into three MOA or less at 100 yards probably needs more practice in how to align the sight picture.

:), Art

LBC

SodaPop, I've got to chime in here and say "Good for you!".
I always enjoy reading your defenses of the Mini-14 and now you have the proof of your claims. Makes me wanna head down to the shop tonight and fondle some walnut and blue steel .... What's that, my Springfield M1A? You say you need a little brother safe mate? Hmmm.... :)

Lavan

But you couldn't have shot the GUN out of his hand

with that group.
That is a good group. The mini is a good rifle. A Rem 700x target rifle will group better.

I like minis. I like AR's too. In Calif, we can't have an AR so the mini groups 100% better than them here.

Deaf Smith

The NYPD and the Texas DPS do use the Mini-14GB. And I hear they are happy with them.

I also think several Caribbean nations use them. True, they are 4th rate nations, and more like police forces than military. But with that being said, my Micro-14 will easly stay on a IDPA '0' ring at 200 yards (it's a 10 inch ring). And that is with open sights, no scope, no fancy ammo, 10 shot string, and with the barrel heating up.

Deaf

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Sundance, which foreign militaries adopted the Mini-14 or it's select fire equivalent? Could you please name them?!!!

The British RUC (Royal Ulster Constabulary, the paramilitary police force in Northern Ireland) used the Mini-14/AC556 for a long time. They may still, I'm not sure. Can dig up plenty of photos of guys in DPMS smocks and berets or wooly-pullies and peaked caps clustered around Shorland or Glover Webb Armoured Patrol Vehicles toting Rugers.

Jamie Young

You ought to do that Tamara.

DonQatu won't take your word on it. YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT to him.:)

I might be able to make another attempt in the next two weeks. I'll try out some of My reloads next time. Stay Tuned!!!

Jody Hudson

I think we DO have to give SodaPop a little extra lee-way regarding his Biathalon running down 400 yards to the target and back. That run would have likely KILLED some of us more SUBSTANTIAL folks.

It was a lot of fun. But, sorry SodaPop, I'm no more inclined to purchase another Mini than I was before the shoot. First of all, I am not willing to do hand-loads to get what I consider to be unacceptable accuracy. It was a heck of a lot more accurate than my Minis though... Mine would have missed the backstop at that range. And, if I had been shooting, and running down to that target and back, my heirs would have been selling the Mini after the event.

I am likely to want to join you fine folks at the next shoot however. It was a FUN time.