Lets see those 5-shot Groups and the Guns that shot them!!!

Brad, Nice Rifle and Nice Groups or should I say holes!

Roy, Like the rifle, nice group as well.

Salvo, That is excellent with open sites. Damn the 49 year old eyes, I probably couldn't even do that with my 28 year old eyes.

Brad Clodfelter

Hey thanks. I love shooting groups. And I love seeing others good groups. Thanks for starting the thread. I like to shoot period. I wished I could do more of it. But any shooting is better than no shooting. ;)

I'm the same way. My girlfriend gets a little irritated at me sometimes cuz I spend so much time with my guns. I told her that some people like taking dogs for a walk/ride, I like taking my guns for a walk/ride. Car Ride, just so we're clear. Here is a pic of a 5-shot group I shot with my Savage 93R17 and a pic of the Rifle as well. Both taken with my Cell Phone.

attachment.php

attachment.php

ndking1126

question for all you hot shots..

These are some excellent groups, certainly better than I've ever done as I'm still fairly new to precision shooting.

My question is, what are you shooting off of to get this type of pattern? Bipods? Lead Sled type rest? free hand? ;)

For those of you whose rifle is sitting on a bipod or rest, I'm assuming this is what you shot the pattern off of. I'm curious about the other shooters.

Thanks

Brad Clodfelter

ndking,

I shot mine off of both setups I showed.

Some guys think I can't shoot off of a front rest and sandbag rear rest when they see my Pappas one piece rest. But they couldn't be further from the truth. I can shoot off of both setups about as well.

Last edited:

psdan000

my best group so far at 100 yards with my remmy 700 varmint in .223 with bell and carlson stock and a 2lb trigger. hornady 40 grain v-max factory ammo, shoots the 55 grain stuff just as well. cant get this rifle to shoot under 1" groups with any ammo:)

skinewmexico

My 30 minute, Savage Model 12 I frankensteined into a 6.5X47 Lapua. It's got a 6-24 4200 scope on it now. I need to do some more load development.

Lapua.JPG

DSCN0464(300x225).jpg

Last edited:

ndking1126

Brad, I only ask because a while back I shot off of a Lead Sled (not my rifle or Lead Sled) and I thought, "wow, that makes shooting a whole lot easier!!" So I finally was able to order a really nice rest and it should be here in a few days.

I wasn't sure if that was cheating or not when it comes to showing off groups on posts like this.

I just did a really thorough cleaning on the old 700 in anticipation of my rest arriving and maybe I'll have a nice group of my own to post soon!

Brad Clodfelter

ndking,

A good group is a good group in my opinion regardless of how it was shot. Sure, different setups make it a lot easier to shoot good groups. But so does shooting off of a concrete bench that is rock solid vs a wood bench that isn't or say a folding table like some may shoot off of. When you want to shoot the best, it takes what I call good equipment. That includes the gun. And that gun is going to only be as good as the barrel, no matter how much money you sink into a gun, it takes a super precision made barrel to shoot what I call holes for groups. The factory barrels on most guns may out shoot a lot of shooters, but my findings are this that once you become what I call a good to excellent shooter, that most factory barrels will hold you back from shooting to your true capability.

GE-Minigun

popeyespappy, what's going on with your gun? It looks to me like the bolt handle is on the right side, but ejects on the left, this correct? If so, I've never seen a gun like that, VERY interesting.

Attachments

• rifle10-4-08.jpg
    rifle10-4-08.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 78

popeyespappy

It's a Savage Model 12 Long Range Precision Varminter. It is a true single shot and yes it has a right hand bolt and a left side ejection port. I’ve only got about 100 rounds through it so I am still getting used to the setup but so far I think I like it.

popeyespappy

SkiNewMexico

I bought my RBLP after you suggested a Savage when I posted to this forum looking for suggestions on a 223 with a faster twist than the 1 in 12 on my 700 SPS varmint.

Thank You Sir!

Zombie Steve

7-shot group from my Rem 700 BDL Heavy Varmint... 168 grain A-max over IMR 4320.

DSCF1667.jpg

This is the only pic of the rifle I have... I'll have to get a pic with the glass on her...

DSCF1577.jpg

mavracer

5 shots only 25 yards resting my elbow on crossbar of the indoor range's booth.1894 marlin 240 rainier TMJHP over 10.0 HS6.
PB250167.jpg

PB230162.jpg

Wildalaska

He he...

No match grade barrels, no accutriggers, harmonic resonators, tuners, brakes, adjustable stocks, bipods, superdupersniper scopes..

Just a Swedish M41B with a 4x post scope, made 1910, rebuilt 1955.....100 yards

WildnyahhahhahAlaska ™

Attachments

• targe.jpg
    targe.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 117
NDking

I personally prefer shooting with a Good (Harris) bipod. You can lean into the rifle to "preload" the bipod to take the movement out and absorb the recoil which give better control of the rifle and allows for better accuracy. You just can't do that with sandbags.