Lets Be Honest

COSteve

I have a Glock 22 that has never malfunctioned in any way in over 10 years.
My 3rd gen G22 has over 27,000 rds in it since new in 2004 without a single failure. I change out the springs every 10,000 rds and give it a once over after every time I clean it after each shooting session. I've had rounds fail to fire because the primer was missing, in backwards, or dead but that isn't the pistols fault. That said, I've used it as a range and HD gun and it never was thrown in the mud or dunked in a puddle and expected to function.

pgdion

Beretta 92FS has never malfunctioned or hiccuped. 100% to date.

Beretta NEOS INOX with 4.5" will tombstone Thunderbolts occasionally, otherwise no issues at all. Not even a misfire from the .22's (only .22 pistol I have that never misfires on anything, it must really smack that .22). My 2nd NEOS (black with 6" barrel) is to soon to tell but so far 100%.

MTT TL

Glock 22 (about 2000 rounds), Kimber CDP II (about 1000 rounds), Heritage Rough Rider (about 1000 rounds, But it could not hit the broad side of a barn).

I bought a used broken Kimber TLE/ RL II. It has not failed me since Kimber sent me a new extractor and I put it in. (extractor was MIA, about 700 rounds).

The Glock 22 is one well designed gun.

longhair75

I have a Browning High Power manufactured in 1969 that I bought used at a gun show about 25 years ago. For the last fifteen years or so, I have not been doing much shooting due to raising my family and a pretty full work schedule, and just recently picked it up once again.

For the most part, I have used factory ammunition in this pistol. A friend of mine sent me some hand loads a number of years ago. I had forgotten about them, but found them again a couple of weeks ago. These could very well be twenty years old. I took them with me to the range.

In all of this time, I have never experienced a single failure with the BHP. I was sure that the reloads would possibly do this, but they did not.

My BHP has been 100%

AcridSaint

I've had two revolvers lock up on me when bullets jumped crimp. For what it's worth, I've never had an auto lock up so tight that a standard malfunction drill wouldn't get it back in action.

I bought a new revolver that wouldn't eject spent cases sometimes because the case rim would catch on the nub that holds the cylinder in. The whole load would lock up and you'd have to release the plunger, move the cylinder and press again.

I've also seen revolvers that had bent ejecting rods and would not function properly and I've seen off-time revolvers. I didn't make those malfunction, but I'd say that qualifies.

Now, just to spice things up a bit, let's see if the number of autos without malfunctions grows when we ask "How many semi-auto pistols do you own that have never had a malfunction in the first five or six rounds of each magazine?".

xm21

My Glock 19 has never had a malfunction in the 15,100 rounds I have shot through it.I had a S&W 686 back in the early 80's that would do the same trick Furminators did by having the ejector rod back out and locking the gun up.

old bear

Over the years I’ve owned a number of high quality automatics, Browning, Colt, Smith. And Walther at one time or another every on of them has failed (F.T.F. F.T.E.). Over the same time I’ve owned a number of quality revolvers and I’ve only had one problem with them. I had some reloads that the bullets were not properly seated and three (3) out of 250 jammed against the forcing cone.:eek:

CajunBass

I've got a CZ-82 that has never malfunctioned, that I know of, but I admit I haven't shot it a lot.

I had a Ruger Security-Six revolver that bound up. I sent it back to Ruger. My Colt Official Police did the same thing. The Colt was fixed with a really good cleaning, the Ruger probably could have been with the same thing, but they did malfunction.

RickB

The only guns I own that have never failed are the ones I've never shot, and those with fewer than 100 rounds through them (that goes for borrowed guns, and observations of others' guns, too). There are just too many variables within the system - gun, ammo, shooter, environment - for there to be perfect function over any sort of extended period. I've found a LOT of people give mulligans when answering this question, referring to "ammo failures", "mag failures", "limpwristing", "test firing", etc., and so absolving the gun. If the gun doesn't go bang, there was a failure.

P97

The original post was :
Who has a semi-auto that has never, ever malfuntioned? 1000 batting average.

Who has a revolver that has malfuntioned? Even once?

Please, be honest and use your own experience. If you want to assign blame for the gun failure go ahead, but I just want to know weather these things happened.
I have both. I know they both will fail sometime if I keep shooting them, but they haven't yet. I also have several of both that have failed.

Bart Noir

Who has a revolver that has malfuntioned? Even once?

Me. I'm one.

Have had 2 S&W Model 940s. One would not fire all five rounds of 9mm +P, not even once. The rounds (in the clip) were backing out of the cylinder under recoil, and holding firm against the recoil shield.

The other will not eject when fired with 9mm +P. Both problems easily corrected by the use on regular pressure ammo.

Had 2 late-model Colt Police Positive Specials which would not rotate the cylinder. One was slicing the jackets and jamming a piece thereof into the barrel gap. The other one was letting case rims drag against, and be stopped by, the part of the recoil shield that is attached to the cylinder release knob. I fixed that with a Dremel :D

A friend's .44 Magnum single-action Colt copy, from a Big Italian Company, would often stop revolving. A sixgun is supposed to revolve! It was the sharp firing pin sticking in the primer. A little touch of a file fixed that one.

But these were all cases of a revolver being almost instantly shown to have problems. Meaning not having to firing 30 or 50 rounds to find a serious problem like auto-feeders.

Bart Noir

m&p45acp10+1

Ok I will put in on this one.
100% bang every time. No fail to feed, eject, or otherwise function.
1 Ruger Blackhawk .41 mag. I did have to change the rear sight after I broke that. It did not affect the function at all. In the near year since I bought it. 10,000 rounds. Mostly cast lead SWC handloads. Not one problem period.
2 Custom 1911 It was a present from my grampa on my 12th birthday. Nothing other than routine mantanace done. 22 years (and God only knows how many multiple thousands of rounds later.:eek:) Not one failure ever. It will eat hollowpoints like a fat person at a Chineese buffet, and beg for more:p.
4 Glock 26 9mm I aqured this one a few months ago. I have fired well over 4,500 rounds without a single failure of ammo, or function.
5 P-64 9mm Makarov over 3,500 rounds without a single problem.
The close to 100% would be my S&W M&P 45. One hickup, traced it to bad ammo. Since then over 8,500 rounds problem free. It resides in a holster on my hip as I type.

Skans

I've fired a revolver that had a problem indexing. It wasn't mine - it was a friends and he had already had a smith try to fix it - still wouldn't index correctly. I believe it was a Colt .357....could have been a S&W - it was either a Colt or a Smith....this was over 20 years ago.

So far, my EAA Stock 10mm is batting 1000, but I've only fired about 200 rounds through it. I had a Polytech AK that I fired about 1000 rounds of chinese corrosive ammo through and I can't recall one time it didn't feed and fire correctly. That's all I can remember.

DavidAGO

My Colt Commander had an extractor break while my wife was using it to qualify for her concealed Carry permit, no telling how many rounds have gone through it in the 26 years I have owned it.

I have a Ruger GP100 that had to go back to Ruger becasue it would lock up and you could not pull the trigger, the only other revolver malfunctions have been because of my reloads, failure to seat the primer fully and hanging on rotation of the cylinder. the Ruger problem was with reloads or factory ammunition, Ruger replaced many parts and it has been flawless since.

DavidAGO

lambertiana

If you let me use the qualifier of with factory parts, my G30 has been flawless through around 1K rounds.

I ask for the qualifier because an aftermarket guide rod assembly failed (the screwed-on end that retains the spring on the rod was came out, they apparently don't know about loctite), and it led to a couple failures to chamber (but most rounds did go into the chamber properly) over the couple mags I fired until I figured out what was wrong.