Let see those target pictures!

B.L.E.

darkgael said:
BLE - Nice shootin'. What was the gun and the load? Iffin ya don't mind.
Pete

It's a custom inline caplock target pistol built by 10-Ring Precision. 45 caliber, .445 round ball patched with .015 pillow ticking and 1.3 cc, about 17 grains of Goex FFFg.
Now I'm no longer eligible to shoot in the novice pistol class. :(

037.jpg

rodfac

That's a 4-5/8" bbl'd Ruger .44 Special in the pic, and a sitting group shot at 25 yds. I used a hand cast Lyman #429215 GC bullet and Winchester 231 powder. That Ruger is probably my favorite handgun. BTW, I made the grips out of cocobola. Regards, Rodfac

D44Tgt.jpg

MrWesson

That's a 4-5/8" bbl'd Ruger .44 Special in the pic, and a sitting group shot at 25 yds. I used a hand cast Lyman #429215 GC bullet and Winchester 231 powder. That Ruger is probably my favorite handgun. BTW, I made the grips out of cocobola. Regards, Rodfac

did you shoot that offhand?

rodfac

MrWesson...I shot that group while working up a load for the .44...I use Keith's back rested, long range sitting position for all load testing...prefer it actually to shooting off bags, as it more closely resembles felt recoil for offhand shooting as well as an approximation of a "deer stand" type of stance. Pics below. The 2nd one kinda shows what that semi-reclining position is capable of...with a good gun, (same gun but with the factory issued grips...cheese-graters).

Regards, Rodfac

SittingGrip.jpg

Ruger44Spl65231.jpg

tipoc

Smith and Wesson New Century in .44 Spl. fired from a Weaver stance at 25 yards. Rem. 246 gr. LRN. 12 rounds.

25yds3.jpg

Same gun, same stance, same ammo, 12 rounds at 15 yards.

tlk10-1.jpg

Gun left the factory in 1915.

tipoc

Hook686

A LEO friend once told me that after thirty years on the force he doesn't believe anything anyone says, and only half of what he sees. Nice shooting guys.

DSCF00045plus2sighters.jpg

Last edited:

Win_94

imthegrumpyone

Oh ya, some of those need to be hung up in the garage or on a entrance door to give an intruder a fair chance to think twice about coming in. :D

vandyatc

Kimber TLE II, 25 feet, unsupported, 4 mags rapid fire, reload them all and do it again for the 100 rounds in a Winchester white box. I was testing my extractor among other things, and I just kept making the one hole bigger.

I'm a novice, so I'm rather proud of myself! I'd like to think my sight is off, but I'm 99% sure it's just my poor trigger control. I can't figure out how to rotate the picture right... Sorry.

target.jpg

Mr. James

I want to post my son's and my friend's targets from a Saturday session with my Lee-Enfield. I stunk up the place. :mad::barf: But seeing my son and my buddy put those ragged holes in a target, well, that's priceless, as the MasterCard folks like to say! :D

10 yards with P226. I used a different one for each target. The target was shot with 15 rounds and the number below the target got either 17 or 18 round magazines. This was using a two handed grip standing unsupported.

DSCN1652.jpg

DSCN1651.jpg