Let see those target pictures!

rantingredneck

From my first outing with my 30 year old Ruger MK I Target I bought at the local pawnshop for 160 bucks.

DSC03823.jpg

Mix of 10 yard and 25 yard targets.

rantingredneck

10 yard targets with the 3" GP100 fired double action. Variety of ammo.

If I remember correctly the upper left was 130 gr. .38's the upper right was 125 gr. Remington .357 SJHP's and the bottom was my carry load. Speer .357 mag 135 gr. short barrel.

DSC02816.jpg

rantingredneck

The other 3" GP100 (the blued one) at 15 yds double action. Right target WWB 130 gr. .38's. Left target Speer GDHP Short barrel .357 135 gr.

DSC02007.jpg

rantingredneck

4" Ruger SP101 .22LR at 25 yds unsupported DA. Shooting a little high and left but it's a fairly nice group for that range with that gun.

DSC02008.jpg

Flint Ridge

You guys are taunting me with all the excellent shooting.

Here is the first 5 rounds of 357 out of the LCR 357 - I had warmed up with 38 spl's.

10 Yards WWB

RugerLCR-357003.jpg

jad0110

S&W Model 28-2, 158 grain RNLs over 4.0 grains of W231, 25 yards double action 2 handed unsupported...

DSC07946.jpg

S&W M&P .38 Transitional, 148 DEWC over 3.2 grains of W231, 7 yards double action 2 handed unsupported...

DSC07051.jpg

GojuBrian

Browning buckmark URX 10yrds 20rds off hand rapid fire.

Rangeday013.jpg

RIA officers 1911 .45acp 5 shots off hand 10yrds

Rangeday014.jpg

Kimber pro carry 2- 5 shots 10yrds

Rangeday015.jpg

pythagorean

Chris B,

I like your "rattle box" very much, thank you!

I had to settle for a reproduction, the Colt 01918 WWI:
044.jpg

It shoots better than the Lightweight Commander I showed earlier--I don't have pics of the targets though!

Hook686

hmmmmm A lot of folks must not smoke, drink coffeee, or alcohol. Nice shooting, especially those short barrel hand guns.

mavracer

from a recient practice session all shots slow fire two hands free standing.
started with python and shot ouw league COF which is 15 rounds at 7 yards,15 rounds at 15 yards and 20 rounds at 25 yards scored a 497 out of 500 then I fired 19 rounds out of the Gold Cup at 25 and only had 1 in the 9
SANY0865.jpg

Sheikyourbootie

@hook686

Don't be to impressed, at least with mine. It was NOT practice for SD shooting. It was DA slow fire target shooting. Keep in mind I did NOT post the rest of the targets. lol

You didn't think I'd post the bad groups?

frumious

This thread is great. There are a lot of good groups here. Figure I'll throw my hat into the ring....

I shoot my own handloads for centerfire stuff. All my targets were shot at 15 yards, standing, 2-handed unsupported, slow fire. The targets are 5.5" total diameter, with the colored portion 3" in diameter. Except the .22LR, as noted below.

CZ 75 P07 Duty 9mm. This is my 3rd time out with the gun. I think the groups are coming together OK. Not sure why I shot groups of 6-6-4-4 here.

target_cz9.jpg

Sig SP2022 9mm. 3rd time out with this gun too. I think the groups are coming together OK.

target_sig9.jpg

Dan Wesson .357, shooting .38's. Had this one a while. Pretty disappointed in these groups, as usual. Either it doesn't like this handload or I'm just no good with this gun. Oh, also some .22LR.

target_dw357.jpg

Ruger Super Blackhawk 44mag. Had this one a while. Still a little afraid of it :)

target_ruger44.jpg

Beretta PX4 Storm .45 ACP. This is my 2nd time out with the gun. I am terrible with this gun so far. Where are the other two holes for that last group?? Maybe it doesn't like this handload, although my 1911 loves it. Or maybe I need to switch the backstrap. Or maybe it's me LOL.

target_beretta45.jpg

And finally, my Ruger 22/45 Mk 3 with the little BSA red-dot. These were also shot at 15 yards, 2-handed, slow fire. From left to right, standing unsupported, seated supported, seated supported. The first two targets are 3" circles, and the last one 1 3/4 total, 1 7/16 across the black, 13/16 across the red. I use cheap ammo (thunderbolts) but I should still be able to do better than this I think. All in all though, pretty proud of these groups.

target_ruger22.jpg

I love shooting and I try to get to the range every weekend or at least every other weekend. Been doing it for almost 3 years now. I work to improve but I try not to push it too hard. Driving myself to IMPROVE ALL THE TIME makes work out of a hobby, and I already have one job.

That having been said I sure wish I could make all the holes touch. I have a lot of respect for those who can.

-cls

Last edited: