It's winter-so...Glock announcement December 10th??

BBarn

Well, Glock is referring to the new product as legendary. Even though they are a conservative company, it wouldn't seem proper to refer to a model variation like a single stack 10mm as "legendary". A 22 pistol of conventional size and appearance that.holds 20 rounds would be somewhat "revolutionary".

Forte S+W

@dyl

I think it's as simple as some folks liking finger grooves while others hate them and how that all applies to different folks with different hand sizes. There's an ever-growing trend of "ergonomics" in the modern industry, which I personally feel is a flawed concept since it is reliant upon an ideal that there exists a perfect, one-size-fits-all format. Meanwhile, back in reality, folks come in all shapes and sizes, so the most realistic outcome one can attain in pursuit of that ideal is a size that fits everyone "good enough". Thankfully, cusomization options like replaceable backstraps of various sizes seems to have caught on, ergo it seems like the pursuit has been changed to something more realistic/obtainable, which is offering a product which can be custom-taylored to suit individual needs/tastes without the need of expensive aftermarket modifications.
So yeah, the next logical step would be replaceable front straps which include a simple flat face, rounded face, and a couple of different ones with larger/smaller finger grooves.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, both 10mm Auto and .40 S&W just have too much recoil for the average shooter out of a lightweight, compact firearm. A lot less folks would complain about .40 S&W being "snappy" if they'd only accept that you cannot have a firearm which is both light in weight and recoil, ergo if you want a firearm with .40 S&W power than you either have to man up and accept that it's going to be snappy out of a lightweight, compact pistol, or start carrying a heavier, larger gun which makes the recoil less pronounced.

So yeah, unfortunately a compact .40 S&W variant of the Glock 43 wouldn't be successful for long before it inevitably found its way into the hands of folks who simply cannot accept that a firearm chambered in a more powerful cartridge is going to kick more, at which point they will drop it in favor of the G43 in 9mm Luger and attempt to console their emasculated hearts by parroting the sentiment that 9mm Luger in general is just as good as .40 S&W, including the 115gr Standard Pressure loads they carry because the 124gr-147gr +P(+) loads which could actually approach or replicate .40 S&W performance still recoil too much for comfort out of a Glock 43.

BillM

"Legendary"?? What about a Glock could be considered legendary?

Maybe they are going to blow the dust off the old tooling and do a run
of the original Gen 1 pencil barrel G17's??

American Man

How about Durability and Dependability? Take a deep breath now... I know you're about to spaz out and have a seizure.

I have several dozen carry size semi autos by 6 makers. I don't carry a glock because they suck. I am impressed with how much they hurt some people's feelings though... it's like kryptonite for some people with their egos high in the sky. As someone who has fought for his life many times, for some reason I have no problem trusting a glock.

Forte S+W

Could be worse, the Glock would be like the Taurus Judge in which the mere mention of it induces temporary insanity upon certain folks, causing them to ramble incoherently about it, making outragous claims like it being completely non-lethal even if you use .45s because apparently the Judge has the magical ability to bend the laws of physics, thus rendering otherwise legendary cartridges like .45 Long Colt completely ineffective, debating anyone feverishly who dares to suggest that it has any use whatsoever in self-defense, and cherry-pick every negative review, test, or article they can find in a desperate attempt to justify their rage-induced hysteria. Or better yet, if they're a moderator, they'll actually rage-lock any thread on the Judge if it receives too many positive responses, complete with some absurd excuse like they're doing it to uphold the quality of the forum and prevent the spread of misinformation.

American Man

Could be worse, the Glock would be like the Taurus Judge in which the mere mention of it induces temporary insanity upon certain folks, causing them to ramble incoherently about it, making outragous claims like it being completely non-lethal even if you use .45s because apparently the Judge has the magical ability to bend the laws of physics, thus rendering otherwise legendary cartridges like .45 Long Colt completely ineffective, debating anyone feverishly who dares to suggest that it has any use whatsoever in self-defense, and cherry-pick every negative review, test, or article they can find in a desperate attempt to justify their rage-induced hysteria. Or better yet, if they're a moderator, they'll actually rage-lock any thread on the Judge if it receives too many positive responses, complete with some absurd excuse like they're doing it to uphold the quality of the forum and prevent the spread of misinformation.
That is hilarious what you said about the Judge. I haven't seen that rage induced hysteria yet but that is hilarious if a moderator locks a thread because of too many good comments. lol

I am wondering if glock is coming out with a revolver... SD of course. Not sure if I would get one because of how many I already have, but I'd like to see that at some point. I'm sure it will be deemed ugly like the others. I don't see what is so great looking about other semi autos though... I only find revolvers to be things of beauty.

USNRet93

First commercially successful poly striker?
I am impressed with how much they hurt some people's feelings though... it's like kryptonite for some people with their egos high in the sky

HA..ever been to a car show? Motorcycle show? Bicycle show(I owned a bicycle shop)..putnameofcompetingproducthere show?

No different. When ya slam a product, you also 'slam' the buyer, cuz he made that 'decision...But..who cares..carry, use, what makes ya 'happy'...

BTW-I don't carry a sig cuz they suck..

NOTE->:)

4 days and then a whole new thread about whatever it is...good, bad, ugly..

Last edited:

Forte S+W

American Man said:
That is hilarious what you said about the Judge. I haven't seen that rage induced hysteria yet but that is hilarious if a moderator locks a thread because of too many good comments. lol

Yep, I've seen it happen multiple times across a variety of forums. A running joke I have about the Judge is that while its detractors love to accuse those who like it of exaggerating its capabilities, one very special almost magical ability it possesses is to turn otherwise intelligent, logical, eloquent and experienced individuals into raging, incoherent, rambling buffoons.
Seriously, I've seen folks get so worked up over it that they actually begin getting into arguments with themselves preemptively over statements which haven't even been made yet. They'll put words in other posters mouths, making absurd comments which honestly say more about them than the folks they're arguing with too.

And yes, I've honestly seen moderators lock threads on the Judge if the gun gets too many positive comments about it. I won't name any names, but if you Google search for threads on the Taurus Judge, you're bound to find some examples of what I'm talking about. One forum in particular that I can think of has a resident moderator who hates the Judge so much that he'll outright insult the intelligence of anybody who likes it, gleefully participates in threads which blatantly bash the Judge regardless of the fact that such is against the forum's rules, and will quickly lock any thread on the Judge which gains too many positive responses, often accompanied by a post stating that the thread has been closed because to praise the Judge is to spread harmful misinformation which could cost people their lives by convincing them to buy one for self-defense in spite of the fact that it's ineffective, prone to catastrophic failure, and isn't recommended by any professionals.

American Man

First commercially successful poly striker?

HA..ever been to a car show? Motorcycle show? Bicycle show(I owned a bicycle shop)..putnameofcompetingproducthere show?

No different. When ya slam a product, you also 'slam' the buyer, cuz he made that 'decision...But..who cares..carry, use, what makes ya 'happy'...

BTW-I don't carry a sig cuz they suck..

NOTE->:)

4 days and then a whole new thread about whatever it is...good, bad, ugly..
Well, I'm aware of the Ford, Dodge and Chevy fued... not that I understand it. I am not easily influenced into thinking highly of anything unless I have some experience with it. But it's almost like some blind obedience to an ideology when it comes to bashing things for some people. My ruger pc9 sucks... because it fails to go into battery half the time. I can't see bashing every one of them or a whole line of pistols that people have great success with... seems like they have to just be idiots to say that.

But I am stumped on this new Legendary product coming out. If it's not a 10mm PCC then it probably won't be a big deal to me.

American Man

Yep, I've seen it happen multiple times across a variety of forums. A running joke I have about the Judge is that while its detractors love to accuse those who like it of exaggerating its capabilities, one very special almost magical ability it possesses is to turn otherwise intelligent, logical, eloquent and experienced individuals into raging, incoherent, rambling buffoons.
Seriously, I've seen folks get so worked up over it that they actually begin getting into arguments with themselves preemptively over statements which haven't even been made yet. They'll put words in other posters mouths, making absurd comments which honestly say more about them than the folks they're arguing with too.

And yes, I've honestly seen moderators lock threads on the Judge if the gun gets too many positive comments about it. I won't name any names, but if you Google search for threads on the Taurus Judge, you're bound to find some examples of what I'm talking about. One forum in particular that I can think of has a resident moderator who hates the Judge so much that he'll outright insult the intelligence of anybody who likes it, gleefully participates in threads which blatantly bash the Judge regardless of the fact that such is against the forum's rules, and will quickly lock any thread on the Judge which gains too many positive responses, often accompanied by a post stating that the thread has been closed because to praise the Judge is to spread harmful misinformation which could cost people their lives by convincing them to buy one for self-defense in spite of the fact that it's ineffective, prone to catastrophic failure, and isn't recommended by any professionals.
I'm going to have to look some of those up later. I am laughing my butt off over this. I can just picture it now. My friend in one of the ABC agencies has 2 of them and he loves them for some reason. I'm like, you can get some nice 357s or 44s instead... there so damn big and bulky. But he loves them. lol

TailGator

I'm kind of amused at attaching the adjective "legendary" to a product that hasn't been introduced yet. Doesn't it have to have a reputation to be legendary? And since it isn't out yet, it can't . . .

Oh, well, we will see soon enough what the instant legend is, I suppose.

Forte S+W

American Man said:
Well, I'm aware of the Ford, Dodge and Chevy fued... not that I understand it. I am not easily influenced into thinking highly of anything unless I have some experience with it. But it's almost like some blind obedience to an ideology when it comes to bashing things for some people. My ruger pc9 sucks... because it fails to go into battery half the time. I can't see bashing every one of them or a whole line of pistols that people have great success with... seems like they have to just be idiots to say that.

But I am stumped on this new Legendary product coming out. If it's not a 10mm PCC then it probably won't be a big deal to me.

Congratulations, you are a logical, free-thinking, independent man in a world of illogical sycophants who are utterly reliant upon the approval of others in order to function.

Unfortunately, most folks need to feel like they're a part of something bigger, it gives them confidence, as it should considering that there is strength in numbers, but some folks just take it too far and feel the need to fight for whatever they've associated themselves with to the point that they'll pick fights by putting down anything else

American Man said:
I'm going to have to look some of those up later. I am laughing my butt off over this. I can just picture it now. My friend in one of the ABC agencies has 2 of them and he loves them for some reason. I'm like, you can get some nice 357s or 44s instead... there so damn big and bulky. But he loves them. lol

Just you wait and see. If anything I'm downplaying it a little because I'm simply incapable of describing the complete absence of reason and order in their reactions. They really do say things that are completely insane which pretty much amount to; "You gotta understand, the Judge was so poorly designed that it angered Daedalus who then put a curse on it which causes it to disobey the laws of physics, and therefore the firearm is so inaccurate that it is incapable of hitting anything outside of point blank range and with barely enough force to break the skin! It doesn't matter if .45 Long Colt itself has a long and storied reputation as a man-stopper, once it enters the cylinder of the Judge the curse takes hold of the cartridge as well, thus renderinging it completely non-lethal! You can honestly attain greater accuracy, stability, range, and energy by launching a .45 bullet from a slingshot! Considered yourself warned!"
Then someone else will chime in to say something equally absurd which might as well be; "Not only that, but also one out of a hundred Judges will violently explode when you pull the trigger. I know this from experience because I was at a gunshop handling a Judge, then when I dry-fired it the gun exploded, leveling the building, killing me and everyone else inside."

Of course, now I am exaggerating a bit for comedic effect, but you'll be surprised at just how crazy the Judge drives haters. For example, I have actually seen Smith & Wesson Fanboys go full hater after the Governor was released because they claim that's proof that they only care about money and are willing to endanger the lives of innocent people by selling them a gun that is apparently so inherently flawed that even their darling S&W couldn't realistically improve upon it.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread, so that's enough on that.

A Glock Revolver would be a sight to see. Ruger and Taurus make polymer-framed Revolvers, so evidently it can be done, and it would be interesting to see what a Revolver with Glock's utilitarian aesthetics would look like. I picture it looking like something along the lines of a cross between a Charter Arms Pitbull, a Chiappa Rhino, and a Kimber K6.

American Man

Congratulations, you are a logical, free-thinking, independent man in a world of illogical sycophants who are utterly reliant upon the approval of others in order to function.

Unfortunately, most folks need to feel like they're a part of something bigger, it gives them confidence, as it should considering that there is strength in numbers, but some folks just take it too far and feel the need to fight for whatever they've associated themselves with to the point that they'll pick fights by putting down anything else

Just you wait and see. If anything I'm downplaying it a little because I'm simply incapable of describing the complete absence of reason and order in their reactions. They really do say things that are completely insane which pretty much amount to; "You gotta understand, the Judge was so poorly designed that it angered Daedalus who then put a curse on it which causes it to disobey the laws of physics, and therefore the firearm is so inaccurate that it is incapable of hitting anything outside of point blank range and with barely enough force to break the skin! It doesn't matter if .45 Long Colt itself has a long and storied reputation as a man-stopper, once it enters the cylinder of the Judge the curse takes hold of the cartridge as well, thus renderinging it completely non-lethal! You can honestly attain greater accuracy, stability, range, and energy by launching a .45 bullet from a slingshot! Considered yourself warned!"
Then someone else will chime in to say something equally absurd which might as well be; "Not only that, but also one out of a hundred Judges will violently explode when you pull the trigger. I know this from experience because I was at a gunshop handling a Judge, then when I dry-fired it the gun exploded, leveling the building, killing me and everyone else inside."

Of course, now I am exaggerating a bit for comedic effect, but you'll be surprised at just how crazy the Judge drives haters. For example, I have actually seen Smith & Wesson Fanboys go full hater after the Governor was released because they claim that's proof that they only care about money and are willing to endanger the lives of innocent people by selling them a gun that is apparently so inherently flawed that even their darling S&W couldn't realistically improve upon it.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread, so that's enough on that.

A Glock Revolver would be a sight to see. Ruger and Taurus make polymer-framed Revolvers, so evidently it can be done, and it would be interesting to see what a Revolver with Glock's utilitarian aesthetics would look like. I picture it looking like something along the lines of a cross between a Charter Arms Pitbull, a Chiappa Rhino, and a Kimber K6.
You'd figure no one would talk down a stout 45LC, regardless of the design. You definitely laid out the ideological craze a lot funnier than I could. Man, it would be so funny if a few days from now, glock introduced the glock version of the Judge. lol it would be called the Mayor... or the Bailiff.

A design I would like, which I'm sure 99.999% of the rest of the world would not like, would be a 26 slide with a 17 frame/grip. I know people are cringing.. and rightfully so. lol But that is my favorite grip. My hand fits the 21 and 20 very good too and my hands are not that big. I wonder if 10 years from now I'll have the same hand strength... I hope.

Forte S+W

C'mon, it's Glock we're talking about here, they'd call it the Glock God, chambered in .45 (no initials because Glock doesn't do that) and .410 Bore with Moon Clips for .45 GAP. Then all the haters of Taurus, the Judge, Glock, and Abrahamic Religion could all come together to form a group so criminally insane that it becomes labeled as a terrorist organization by the DHS. :D

I just thought of something, maybe Glock wants to enter the ultralight .380 Pocket Pistol market with the smallest Glock model yet. They can call it the Glock 50AE (AE stands for Ant Eater) to continue the trend of random, confusing, and misleading nomenclature. Seriously though, granted that isn't "legendary" by any definition of the word, but that could be it.

Personally, I'd actually like to see Glock come out with pistols with a stronger focus on aesthetic appeal. It would be "legendary" indeed if Glock were to shock the world with the introduction of pistols which are not only rock-solid reliable, but drop-dead gorgeous to boot.

Boxer 9

Wow. I'm new to this forum, always heard good things. But two pages of children bashing a very popular handgun. I dont care what you shoot or how much you like its some immature crap going on when you cant even have a decent conversation about a popular pistol without a bunch of silliness.

Is this how it always is here? SMH

USNRet93

would be a 26 slide with a 17 frame/grip.

I 'essentially' have that. A G19 15R magazine and one of those 'sleeves' to make it feel like a full width grip. I could do the same with a G-17 magazine same 'sleeve'...

Attachments

• 3DLYt.jpg
    3DLYt.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 10

American Man

Wow. I'm new to this forum, always heard good things. But two pages of children bashing a very popular handgun. I dont care what you shoot or how much you like its some immature crap going on when you cant even have a decent conversation about a popular pistol without a bunch of silliness.

No... that is not how it always is on here. I'm not a fanboy of anything... except maybe revolvers from S&W and Ruger. I don't like some people's view but I just give my 2 cents and try not to get too pissed off. lol As far as current events and other interests, you'll find there are plenty of legit SMEs (subject matter experts) on this forum.

American Man

I 'essentially' have that. A G19 15R magazine and one of those 'sleeves' to make it feel like a full width grip. I could do the same with a G-17 magazine same 'sleeve'...
I have that xgrip sleeve as well on one of my back up mags in the glove compartment. I have the same set up for my 29 with a sleeve on a 20 mag. I cut up some pieces of the talon grip sheet to put on... not perfect craftsmanship but it adds a little to the grip... not essential though.

Recently I switched base plates on a coupe of my 33 round magazines and put them on my 10rd 26 mags with the +10 power Wolff springs. I put 250 rounds through them yesterday and no issues. I don't think I'll notice the difference on the now 31 rounders, but an extra couple rounds in the 26 is nice.

Attachments

• 12 G26.jpg
    12 G26.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 15

buck460XVR

Most of the time, it's only when the thread is about a specific brand, platform, caliber, or technique used to hunt or reload..:D

Then folks generally take one side or the other.

Either you own one/do it that way, and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread or you don't own one/do it that way, and it's complete junk.

BTW, welcome to the forum!