Is the AR market going to survive under current conditions?

fourbore

I got a $59 BCG 6.8 PSA
Half price keymod AeroPrecision handguard
Buy 5 boxes of ammunition get 5 pmags
Can find uppers for $35-$40 when I look.
I even seen a 50 pack of stripped lowers
Bought a vortex scope and got an $87 mount for free
Heck, my latest project was put together from my inbox

wow! I need most of that upper related stuff.

Ok, so; I did a google on "daily deal website" and I got a lot of hits. Which one? Do you have a link to home page for this service?

I used to have a favorite link to a website that scoured the web for gun deals. This one:

https://gunwatcher.com/ar15--aero-upper---for-sale-in-stock/guns-best-price-link

a quick search for aero upper get me $89. Not so good.

Gunplumber, Thank you. I dont need any lower stuff. I was on Gun Broker a while back and did not see anything to jump on for upper end parts.

Last edited:

stagpanther

Take it from me DO NOT BUY EXTRA STRIPPED LOWERS--they are ladder drugs for an addiction to building endless AR's and you will soon be forced to buy VERY expensive large safes!

BTW, I just found a spare lower in one of my shelves, any suggestions?

rickyrick

Fourbore,
Go to each manufacturer/supplier's website, most have a sign-up for deals. Some call them "daily deals" "email blast" and so on. Even some of the more expensive places like rainier will have good email deals.
Most are doing some sort of combo deals right now.

You have to be ready to buy, they don't last long in most cases.

fourbore

Take it from me DO NOT BUY EXTRA STRIPPED LOWERS--they are ladder drugs for an addiction to building endless AR's ...

You hit the nail right on the head. I stocked up in anticipation and the rest is history.

I will get my self on some mailing lists. I dont mind paying up a little for a barrel. As long as there are deals out there, I like to take advantage for some of the other parts.

Another website has a comment that three major sporting good chains (Gander, along with two others) now list Pre-Election prices for ARs.

With 'ARs', 'M4s' all over Armslist, there's no way that my slightly-used, stock S&W M&P Sport II will receive any offers, even at $100 below last spring's retail prices: about $750 with tax.

The only adult responding to my add indicated that people are waiting for deflation to bring most prices down to $550. Ironic that my prefered rifles-the better AKs-have gone up so much.

Last edited:

f2shooter

I had been looking around for an AR most of last year but nothing caught my eye. Two days after the election a friend called and a neighbor was selling off his unfired AR based on election results. I got an excellent deal and enjoy having it. I may add a couple to my safe this next year not as investments but as a good thing to have around the house or in the car. I wish the price on HK 91's would find some sanity.

Rick H.

katonahjohn

I get email ads from one of the companies that I do business with. Latest offering had three brand new AR's under $500.00, and a supressor for $749.00. Of course they aren't what you would call top of the line AR's, but they are quite a bit more complicated to make than the surpressor..