If you won a contest, what gun would you choose?

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
It'd have to be cheap to feed and relatively easy to find mags for...

Probably a registered receiver HK-94 buzzgun.

loopy

The Ingram model 10, simply because i never fired it. Anyone have any experience with it? Curious how it groups on full auto, compared to e.g. an Mp5.

MrPink

Johnny Guest,

The thing to remember about the MG42 is it is basically the modern day issue machinegun. Why bother shooting 8mm out of it, just buy the .308 kit and barrrels and have a go.

Oh, if I only had $25,000.

I'd probably end up shooting the MG42 more than a Stoner 63A. The Stoner would be great, but a real bitch if any part broke. so change my vote/wish to the MG42 and I'll make do with a Shrike on my M16 if they ever come to fruition.

Benton

I've been mulling over this question for a few days now, torn between an L2A3 Sterling and a Vickers. While the Sterling would get more use, be cheaper to shoot, easier to maintain, and a lot more convenient to move around, the Vickers idea has won me over. If I could have one at no cost, I'd spring for an authentic British uniform of the Great War-style so that I could look the part when firing it. The Vickers would see sparse range time, but I could enjoy it everyday; setup behind sandbags in a corner, it would compliment the decor of most any room in the house.

Hkmp5sd

If you want an almost MG42....

And you happen to have a registered M16, here's the perfect upper for a mere $5,000.
41801test.jpg

BigD

Though they are not available to us ordinary citizens, I'd likely go with the gun I shot on Saturday - SIG 552...or maybe I'd "settle" for a 551. :D

THE .41 MAN

Buzzgun?

I'll have what Winston posted the picture of last page. Then, I'd sell it and get a folding stock Uzi; .45ACP, and .41AE conversions; and about 10 cases of FMJ ammo for each for practice. If I had enough money left over, I'd add a can. :p

gifted

I'd have to say an Uzi, M2, or a GAU-19, becuase as a video game fan, I could think of something to do with it and a HUMMV with extensive modifications.

daytriper

dream gun

i would have to get a russion 7.62x54R rpk machine gun or an ak47 as a 2nd choice . them russions make real killer guns , work great and fun &cheap to shoot

What would I want? A M-2 machine gun and a pintle mount. I'd rig up the surviving Land Rover with a turret ring and play Rommel with it.

OK, let's say the ducats don't go that far. I'd settle for a M1928 Thompson.

jercamp45

HK UMP .45 ACP is my choice!

Not because it is full auto, but because of the modern construction, light weight, short barrel and folding stock...it would spend most of it's shooting career on semi. Trick it out...add a suppressor(which could be transfered to one of several .45 pistols), mags, surefire, reddot.
I'd be quite happy with that combo.....but the class III dealer needs to have 'tried' to sell it to a LE agency before I can get my hands on one.
I have played with the Thompson, UZI, GreaseGun, Mac-10 and MP-5(not to mention HK G-3, M-16A1, M60 and Ma Duece); but for portable enjoyment and practicality the UMP fits well into my arsenal.
I like my AK as a Semi, and it is tricked just right for me, so it do most of what I need done.
AWB sunset....time for a Galil folding stock!!
Jercamp45

Casp_A

It pays the full price of the gun, any Class III? ANY Class III?

standingtall.JPG

Yea, accessories are expensive, but I'd never, ever be able to afford the gun itself on my own. I think the last price I heard for an NFA legal one was $125,000.

trapshooter

I'll play.

Staying within the 'legal-to-own' boundaries, I'd have to go with the Thompson with the 100-rnd drum mag. :eek:

Second choice would be an M4. :cool:

The M2 would be way too expensive to feed and lug around, but I might opt for one, simply because after I ran a few belts through it, I could probably sell it and buy both of my other choices. :D