If you were going to add 2 revolvers for your collection

C0untZer0

S&W 586-4 CO2 revolver air pistol. It is a high-quality steel revolver, with the heft and feel of S&W 4" pistols. It is great for learning, practicing fundamentals. It is a very unique pistol.

attachment.php

http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-114.html

The second one I would get would be the S&W 617 very high quality pistol, everyone I've ever talked to that has one absolutely loves them. I'd go with the 4" the same as I'd go with the 4" for the 586-4. And the next pistol I would purchase would be 686 4" it all kinda goes together :)

attachment.php

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...750051_764928_-1____ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Sorry - I didn't read the OP. I wouldn't CC either of these, but I'm glad I posted them anyway they wonderful pistols :)

Attachments

• 617.jpg
    617.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,678
  • 596 4.JPG
    596 4.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 2,037
Last edited:

stevieboy

Well, before I play this game, I'd like to know: what do you presently have? And, what caliber(s) are you interested in? Then, I'd like to know: why are you interested in revolvers? For the fun of it? As defensive handguns? To hunt? To engage in competitive shooting events? Or, for a combination of reasons.

The fact is that revolvers come in a greater variety of calibers than semi-autos and there are a lot of flavors within those calibers. To take just one, for example, the loadings of commerical .44 magnum range from just slightly hotter than .44 Special to something so hot that it can be used only in a limited range of revolver frames.

Revolvers also come in a greater variety of shapes and sizes than semi-autos. Consider .357 magnum revolver frames, for example. Smith & Wesson, just one of several revolver manufacturers, makes its .357 frames in sizes ranging from something that you could put in your pocket to a gun that is truly massive, weighing nearly three pounds. Obviously, the handling characteristics of these guns vary enormously. A round that one could shoot comfortably all day long out of an N-frame Smith would cause extreme pain being fired from a lightweight pocket sized J-frame.

So, think hard about what you really want, then come back and tell us exactly what that might be. At that point, perhaps, I can answer your questions.

C0untZer0

The other 2 that I think I'd buy would be the Korth w/.357 & 9mm interchangeable cylinders.

I think at one time Korth flat out made a 9mm revolver but I don't quite remember.

And the S&W 940 in 9mm which you could carry concealed if you wanted. I'm not recomending it, i'm just saying that if it was ME and I wanted to add 2 revolvers to my collection and one had to be CC.. these are the two I'd add.

I think the Taurus 905 is intresting but in general I don't think a Taurus adds anything to a collection, and I'd rather buy a used 940 than a 905 new...

BigBill

100_0940.jpg

I just added two revolvers to my collection recently. Both are S&W's model 57 6 1/2'' barrel & model 58 in 41mag. w/4'' barrel in nickel. There something about the N frame S&W revolvers when i hold them.

Last edited:

Wrangler5

Well I DID just add 2 - a (well) used Model 10 for comfort, and a new no lock 442 w/Crimson Trace for speed.

Mostly I've been shooting and carrying Glocks for the past few years, but the Airweights have been calling me for some time and I finally caved - great deal on the 442 and CT has a $50 rebate on. What's a guy to do?

Now you can't shoot an Airweight very much (a least I can't), but a heavy barrel Model 10 I can shoot all day. AND never lose a case. I got a Fobus holster for it, so who knows - I might even get some speedloaders and try it out in the revolver class in one of my club's IDPA matches.

SRH78

I am with stevieboy. What you plan to do with them makes all the difference. For lots of target shooting, it is tough to beat a 22. For that price, you could pick up a nice S&W. I am not familiar with the model numbers though. For general use and home defense it is hard to go wrong with a GP100. For a hunting revolver that could also do double duty for home defense, you could go with a Redhawk in 44 magnum or 45 Colt. You could also go with a Super Redhawk or a 629. There are lots of other options as well. The more info you can give, the more useful answers you will get.

Deja vu

I would buy a cheep 22 revolver then spend the rest on a good 357 magnum. Some thing like one of the 7 or 8 shot 357 S&W if you can find one used.

engineer88

I thought about this for a while, and for once in these hanged pick two threads I actually have a clear answer.

Ruger Bearcat/Single Six. Cheap practice for hours of fun and can be had in stainless or with fancier sights. Gives you range and single action so you can get in touch with that little ten year old cowboy we all got inside somewhere.

SP101/Speed/Security Six, etc. I carry an SP101 every day and I also have no issues putting 150-200 rounds per session through it with the stock grips (half the rounds are 357). If will last forever, is stainless and easy to work on/improve. Toms of aftermarket support. Gives you a double action pistol and another range pistol of a different flavor as well as cc in a good belt and holster.

Honorable mention though for airweight jframes. They are the most versatile carry gun out there and reliable as death and taxes. Pick your flavor of Smith or Ruger and you cannot go wrong in my opinion.

Beware by the way. Most folks get sucked in and turned into wheel nuts once they get one or two. It is hard to explain why they are so great, but once you start carrying and shooting them you will understand.

CajunBass

A Colt Python (4" blue) and a Smith & Wesson Model 18.

Sorry, I know they don't fit your criteria, but they're what I'd add.

Viper99

Stevieboy,

My current pistols are:

Ruger MKIII 22/45, Hunter, Ruger LCP, Sig P239 9mm, SA XDm 9mm, Glock G27 and will probably be getting a SA 1911 Loaded Champion .45 acp this Thursday or a used 1911 if I can find one I like.

The revolvers calibers? I read somewhere that .357 also fires .38? and a .45 would probably do.