If you were going to add 2 revolvers for your collection

Viper225

With no idea what you already own, or what you will do with the revolvers, I will give it a shot.

Revolver I shoot the most:
S&W Model 617 4" 22 LR (6 Shot Version)

Revolver I Concealed Carry the most:
S&W Model 638 Air Weight
38 Special +P
Shrouded Hammer that will not snag on clothing, but can be cocked.
Light enough for pocket or purse carry.

Revolver for primary home defence, range shooting, and a good walk about gun for the woods:
S&W Model 686 or Ruger GP100 in 4" or 6"
Good quality, solid, accurate, and very shootable handguns. My brother who is Left Handed likes the Ruger cylinder release better than the Smith & Wesson.

My 2 Cents

Bob

jrb_pro

I already have most of what I want, but if I had to add two, they'd be "one-off" types of guns (not carry weapons, etc).

In all honesty, probably a S&W 500 and a S&W 460.

Honorable Mention: S&W 627

SRH78

Stevieboy,

My current pistols are:

Ruger MKIII 22/45, Hunter, Ruger LCP, Sig P239 9mm, SA XDm 9mm, Glock G27 and will probably be getting a SA 1911 Loaded Champion .45 acp this Thursday or a used 1911 if I can find one I like.

The revolvers calibers? I read somewhere that .357 also fires .38? and a .45 would probably do.
Yes, a 357 will also fire 38s. Since you already have a nice pair of 22s, I think a 357 and a 45 Colt would be a nice pair of additions. Me personally, I went with the Ruger GP100 but a S&W 686 would also be a good choice. For a 45, I would either look for a Redhawk, which is double action, or a Blackhawk, which is single action. Both will handle very heavy hunting loads if you ever decide you need them. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Glockfan35

Here are my choices:

1. Smith&Wesson Governor .45 LC/.45 ACP/.410- with all those fine choices- I could mix&match or stay with one particular caliber. Any of these would certainly ruin the bad guy's day.
2. Rossi R462 .357 magnum- my dad owns one and he absolutely loves it! I hope to inherit it someday. I've been trying to find a nice holster for it& he prefers paddle holsters.

rep1954

I'm a big fan of single action revolvers Colts and Rugers both. If I was going to suggest for some one to have only two revolvers I guess it would be a Ruger Single Six 22LR/22Mag with a 6 1/2" barrel and made in stainless steel. The all steel version of this gun and 6 1/2" barrel is just a great handling and balance combination.
The next gun is another Ruger and it's the 50th Anniversary 357 Mag.num. These are nice guns built on the new medium frames. This gun is no longer made but can still be found NIB or used. I've never seen one that wasnt a nice gun yet. I have both guns in my collection and have had some custom tuning and finishing done on my 357 becaused I liked it so much.

22A.jpg

50THAnniversary.jpg

L_Killkenny

Ruger through Tula offered a .22lr/.22M Stainless Single Six, 3 3/4" barrel with fuax ivory birdshead grips that would make a fine mate for .32H&R Single Six. So would a Ruger .45 Montado.

That's my 2 picks.

LK

mavracer

wow just two man that'd suck.here's some pairs I'd concider
S&W 442 and 686
Ruger SP101 and GP100
Colt Dective Special and Python
Charter Bulldog and a Ruger Redhawk
you could trade out the 686 for a 14 or 15 and the SP could be a LCR

mrray13

3" sp101 in .327 fed mag, could be used cc.

4" 29/629 .44 mag for play. Both can be had in your price range, both can shoot multiple chamberings.

Other options...

GP100 in various lengths
686, see above, both .357

microman

Willing to spend 500/600 for each and they can be used. 1 should be stainless and something that you can cc with if needed.

I would get a Ruger GP100 4 in and maybe a Ruger LCR .38 for carry

C0untZer0

When I think "collection" I think of different pistols filling different niches or having unique attributes.

I can see how someone would want to have a .454 Casull, a .500 S&W Magnum, a 9mm revolver, a Model 460XVR, stuff like that, in their collection - they are unique.

If I already had a "collection", and I already had 38 specials or .357s, I don't think I would go out and add more of that same type.

Bdobb

I'm with the Ruger SP101 folks-for practical use and great CCW. My second doesn't fit the $600 parameter, but gotta' have a Colt Python!

dethwort

Fellow Ruger SP-101 connoisseurs

mrray13, mavracer & engineer88:

Have you found your SP-101 to have a really deep trigger pull ? I have to bury the trigger before it finally fires. Is it something inherent in the SP-101 ?

jhgreasemonkey

Tough choice. Well I am partial to Ruger and S&W double actions. I already have a Redhawk which I would choose if I didn't already have one because they are sturdy, accurate, reliable work horses and I just plain love mine. Other revolvers have come and gone from my collection but that one will never go. I would probably replace the S&W model 10 that I traded off like a dummy. I would get a used pre lock model. Model 10's are sweet shooting revolvers with smooth triggers. For an accurate quality .38 special they are hard to beat but if you put a .357 GP100 back in my hands I might go that route too. Then since I don't have a compact revolver I would get a Ruger sp101 .327 federal mag for a carry piece. I like the small size and it still has a 3" barrel so you can obtain decent accuracy with it. I like the idea of a .327 federal mag because you get six shots verses 5 .357 in that small frame and have similar performance with less recoil.

mrray13

dethwort said:
mrray13, mavracer & engineer88:

Have you found your SP-101 to have a really deep trigger pull ? I have to bury the trigger before it finally fires. Is it something inherent in the SP-101 ?

If by deep, you mean the trigger ends up close to the rear of the trigger guard, then yes, it is deeper then my other revolvers.

That said, in DA, it resets just as fast, if not faster then my other centerfire wheels, and the pull weight is very comparable. Overall, I'd say the motion required to shot the gun is no longer then any other, it just appears that way.

I guess I could measure it, lol.

03clyde

I have my home defense gun in the night stand. The next two revolvers will probably be older police agency wheel guns that I already haven't located - preferably NYSP.