If you had a chance to get one FREE pistol from Taurus which would it be?

Cheapshooter

They are not giving any free guns away .... this was a cleverly disguised "what's the best Taurus product" thread ..... since nobody would answer that because not many people that have been around gun forums very long would admit to paying money for one .....
I have, X2. 3X on its way soon, maybe.
Do I need to find a place they do this?
"HI, my name is Bob. I can't help but buy Taurus guns." :D
Maybe one for Hi-Points, and Heritage Rough Riders as well!:eek:

Jbar4Ranch

slugchucker said:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557073
I'm not sure what the point of your post is, other than perhaps an opinion of Taurus autos based on ONE instance...? Even in my reply above, I listed two first hand experiences of Taurus autos needing warranty service.
My experience is based on first hand sales management of THOUSANDS of Taurus handguns. Based on that experience, Taurus revolvers are crap, and personally I wouldn't buy one. Based on that same experience, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Taurus auto.

AustinTX

Whichever one I could flip quickly for the most cash so I can buy what I really want.

This.

If I had to keep the Taurus in this hypothetical situation, then I would take a like-new early second-generation PT-92, assuming I'm not limited to current-production guns. If I am so limited, then I'd take a new PT-92.

TxFlyFish

You know which taurus fetches the most money? Last couple auctions were 700-1000 multiple bids (Hint it has gold trim)

jr24

Between the two listed, and free? Probably the Judge, I could use a snake gun I suppose.

Between all Taurus... probably the PT-92. Looks cool, probably just gather dust in the safe.

My one Taurus revolver (.22 LR) is OK, decently accurate, OK SA trigger. The absolute WORST DA trigger I have run across, my wife can't even get through the long, heavy, gritty, pull. She has to manually cock the hammer.

But, as I said, pretty OK in SA.

BOBA FETT

i would say the the raging bee revolver chambered in .218 bee or the raging .30 revolver chambered in 30 carbine...

Yung.gunr

Out of those two I would definitely go with the 992. The Judge does not interest me in the slightest.

Taurus products I like or would like to own:
709slim
PT92-variant
TCP (.380)

Lost Sheep

9mm said:
why would you want the gp100 in 22lr ? they already have the sp101? its just going to be heavier?
Better sights, better trigger. Also handy for rimfire practice for centerfire gun,

To answer the OP: The Taurus 1911 clone has a good reputation. The PT99 and 92 are decent clones of the Beretta and have the manual safety in the right place (as it has been said before, "Where God and John Moses Browning intended"), on the FRAME.

Taurus has a push-button cylinder swap for their 22/22Mag. I would love to have that in centerfire for 45 Colt/45 ACP or for .38/357/9mm/380/9mmMakarov.

Lost Sheep

seeker_two

If they could find one in the back of the vault, I would like another PT908. I owned one back in the '90's. Single-stack 9mm that was as good as anything from S&W or SIG....for half the price! I still kick myself for trading it off.

As for current products....Maybe a stainless Public Defender. I shoot .410 anyway, and a .410 pistol could come in handy for yard work around my pond.

Nathan

PT92 or PR100.

I had a PT100 and it was a good gun. I sold it to finance other guns....I forget now. Mine ran and functioned fine. It was my HD gun in college.