If you had a chance to get one FREE pistol from Taurus which would it be?

TailGator

OP asked whether to go for the 992 or the Judge, and only one of the subsequent 19 posts answered his query. :confused:

I would go for the 992, because I enjoy plinking with .22LR and I am not sure what I would use the Judge for.

Jo6pak

For FREE?
I'd get the Judge, because it's something I wouldn't actually buy. And as KrezyHorse said, it would be fun just to play with at the range

tallball

My Judge is very entertaining. It is a good 45LC from ten yards or less, and loads of fun for blasting dead gourds and pumpkins and such on my friend's farm.

Cheapshooter

To not turn this into only a discussion of the Judge, and 45/410 format, search the forum for all the various Judge threads. See the facts on accuracy, and performance proving it is much more than a fun range toy. :D

OP, please let us in on how we too can have an opportunity to get a free Taurus!

9mm

OP asked whether to go for the 992 or the Judge, and only one of the subsequent 19 posts answered his query.

I would go for the 992, because I enjoy plinking with .22LR and I am not sure what I would use the Judge for.

no those are my picks, you can pick any gun from taurus. I was watching some 454 videos last night, the RB 454/45lc/.410 LOL!

dusty14u

Probably a 4" Model 66 in stainless. After several years of reading of Taurus owners opinions I think it is model that has received the highest praise for reliabilty, accuracy and fit. They have gotten quite pricey over the years. I bought a 6" Model 66 for about half of what they are going for now.

slugchucker

parameters

Did not note the date and production parameters initially set by OP to participate in this thread. Rain on parades much?:D

Old Stony

I would have to respectfully have to decline the offer....I have enough frustration in my life as it is and I have vowed to never buy another Taurus.

tallball

This is my go-to SD revolver. It has helped me save two lives and I trust it implicitly. The nice rosewood grips (from Thailand by way of eBay) help it fit my giant hands better. I believe that it's a variation of the Model 66.

Taurus357_zps9f7f3a5a.jpg

Jbar4Ranch

Taurus revolvers are CRAP, but the autoloaders seem to work well. I was the gun room manager for Sportsman's Warehouse for five years, and I sent back more Taurus revolvers for warranty service than everything else we sold COMBINED. I can only recall TWO autos that went back; one for a stuck sight screw no one could get out, and... I don't recall the problem with the other one right off.
The Taurus Judge was absolutely the crappiest crap of all.

Noreaster

"The Taurus Judge was absolutely the crappiest crap of all."
Classic!

All kidding aside this is opposite my limited experience. I had a model 99 that broke more than once. Taurus fixed it the second time and I sold it promptly. I had a ragging bull, 44 and 2inch 38 snub that worked fine, but when I went looking for a .22lr revolver none of the local shops would sell me one. They were sick of sending them back.

jimbob86

OP, please let us in on how we too can have an opportunity to get a free Taurus!

They are not giving any free guns away .... this was a cleverly disguised "what's the best Taurus product" thread ..... since nobody would answer that because not many people that have been around gun forums very long would admit to paying money for one ..... :D

Jbar4Ranch

It could be a sales promotion - Ruger does it now and then; the sales staff earns points toward a free Ruger by selling Rugers. It could also be an exchange for a discontinued model or one that their lifetime warranty can't repair. For instance, they finally gave up on trying to make the Thunderbolt pump rifle work and will exchange it for another Taurus firearm. Not "free" exactly, in either case, as you would likely have had to purchase the original firearm somewhere along the way.