I might have a problem?

LOUD

Hey Guys , sorry that its been a couple of weeks for me to get back to this issue. I recently took 5 new cases that I had previously loaded down to the starting load with H4831 and kept having overpressure . These I loaded with IMR7828 (starting load 60.2 gr) and a lighter bullet (Hornady 139 gr psp) . Then I took 5 once fired federal factory cases and loaded the same way .Guess what ? no more OP and very accurate, now I just dont know what made the most difference ,the change of powder or projectile. Funny though the Hornady manual said they got their best results with H4831 but I sure didn. Thanks .................LOUD

A non canister lot of 7828 is the powder Remington used to develope the ammunition Remington loaded for their 7mm Remington mag, my original lot of 7828 had a 1993 date. I will not list my load because I'm quite certain the loading I used in the early 90's would be excessive with current lots of powder being produced. William

Jim243

Then I took 5 once fired federal factory cases and loaded the same way .Guess what ? no more OP and very accurate, now I just dont know what made the most difference ,the change of powder or projectile

From your posts, I would say it was the projectile. You said they were a bulk purchase. I am just guessing but could they be lead free bullets? That would change the game if they do not compress as a jacketed lead bullet would.

Strange, but it is the only thing that makes sense based on your observations.

Jim