I am a simplistic one-issue voter

Buzzcook

So who would you not vote for?
If Satan was the pro gun rights candidate and Jesus the anti, would you vote for Satan?

IMHO, being a one issue voter means being happy your rapist is using lube.

LanceOregon

I (now) vote based on 'gun rights' only.

In that case, we must all then vote for Bob Barr for President. For he is the only candidate that respects the 2nd Amendment.

barr.jpg

See his website for further details on his background:

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/

WESHOOT2

Pat Paulsen is dead

In more-recent history I only vote for viable candidates; sadly, only one from each viable party.

Or Ron Paul WOULD get my vote.
But he won't.
Nor Barr.

Nor Snoopy, who has been my personal most-voted candidate too often.

Wiser.....(especially after the Nixon fiasco, and the Clinton whore).

LanceOregon

Wiser.....(especially after the Nixon fiasco, and the Clinton whore).

So are you saying now that you really are not a one issue voter?

Or that you are willing to simply take the lesser of two evils??

Trusting McCain on gun control is like trusting that he will do the right thing on immigration.

mesabi

Second amendment protects the other amendments? What do you think you are going to do with your deer rifle vs. tanks, planes, helicopters, satellites...

Even if the government takes away the second amendment, do you think all the guns will be gone? There will be the black market and whichever citizens decide to put a few of their guns in a box and bury it out back for a "rainy day." I personally do not fear my guns getting taken away, I have a bow haha. However, voting to keep guns but also voting for a president that does not have the foresite to see the need for alternative fuels, social security, or having an economy that allows me to not just have guns, but use them.

My issues, seperation of church and state, gays having rights, education, and a strong economy.

P.S. For those who dont thing gays would be good in the military, get a history book and see what a unit of 300 homosexual male warriors did at the battle of tegyra in 375 b.c.

P.S. For those who dont thing gays would be good in the military, get a history book and see what a unit of 300 homosexual male warriors did at the battle of tegyra in 375 b.c.
Not to swerve the thread, but that is a bit misleading. They were not all gay. A great many of them were gay since homosexuality was encouraged in military service since leaders thought men would fight harder to defend their fellow soldier if he was both a friend and a lover. Most of them would be more along the lines of being bisexual since the sexual restrictions of today did not exist but some of the soldiers would of course be primarily heterosexual.

mesabi

From the sources I have read, you are right, but this unit I read was 150 homosexual couples... but lets start a new thread to discuss this haha.

From the sources I have read, you are right, but this unit I read was 150 homosexual couples... but lets start a new thread to discuss this haha.
There were many such units, and they were regarded as the most effective and devoted units, but discussing such a topic on here would give way to many members a stroke. :)

GPossenti

I haven't read any of the posts, so forgive me if I'm off the mark.

My philosophy is that fighting for any of our freedoms is more than just a one issue vote. If one Constitutionally recognized freedom is abused, how many more will go too? If the 2nd Amendment is restricted by the government, will they then go on to the first?

I don't believe supporting one issue simply stays on that one issue. You may work to end abortion, but many pro-lifers are also against gay marriage. Many pro-choicers are for gay marriage. It's about values and trying to win one step at a time. On a grander scale, for many voters it's about conservative and/or religious values vs. liberal and/or secular values.

PT111

Since whoever is elected president will be on TV almost every night I am voting for someone who is at least easy on the eyes, Paris Hilton. I figure she is as qualified as any of the rest and much better looking. That is my one issue vote.

Scott Conklin

Paris Hilton?

Paris Hilton?

Man, if we're voting on looks alone I can find a lot better than that...

The Babe Party. Now having primaries near YOU!

dalegribble

The top 10 reasons not to be a single issue voter.

10. People are losing their homes.
9. Banks are failing.
8. Gas is more than 4 bucks a gallon and rising.
7. People can't afford heating oil.
6. Food prices are skyrocketing.
5. High School graduates can't read.
4. Iraqi Vets are commiting suicide and becoming homeless in record numbers.
3. Our country is facing bankcruptcy.
2. We face endless war
1. The arabs bought the Chrysler Building and Budweiser is a foregin company.

PT111

Paris Hilton?

Paris Hilton?

Man, if we're voting on looks alone I can find a lot better than that...

The Babe Party. Now having primaries near YOU!

Not just looks but who else has become more famous by just being dumb than her. She has turned being dumb into a full time well paying occupation. If she can do than she can surely handle being president.

Kragax

After reading these posts from some very articulate and thoughful persons I have to admit that you have actually got me thinking about other issues than my normal second amendment only mentality. This being said I have decided that I am still a one issue voter. My single issue is to keep Obama out of the White House.

PT111

After reading these posts from some very articulate and thoughful persons I have to admit that you have actually got me thinking about other issues than my normal second amendment only mentality. This being said I have decided that I am still a one issue voter. My single issue is to keep Obama out of the White House.

That is as good as any issue I have heard.