How many guns to settle on a carry weapon?

hounddog409

Went through a bunch early on. Glock, Kahr, Springfield,etc.

I finally found it.

Smith M&P 9c. Summer, winter, whenever. Carry it everyday.

rwilson452

Funny you should ask. I have several “carry guns”. I always go back to my original, my colt 1991A1. The same 1911 frame I carried for my many years in the Navy. An old friend.

stephen426

rodfac said:
One if you do your homework, and borrow/rent enough possibilities; Two if you don't. Rod

With that kind of mentality, you either never take the plunge, or never change guns even though there are better options out there.

ifithitu

I rotate my revolvers and pistols to this date.I will say I EDC my Sig P365, 90% of the time since I bought it a little more than a year ago.

jimbob86

Two ..... 1911 5" Government model clone .... at 40 oz, I decided it was too heavy ..... went to a Springfield EMP after a year .... still toting same, 12 years on ....

loknload

I started carrying back when I turned 21. My first and only carry I could afford back then was a Smith Md#37. 38 spec. Carried that for years.
As time went and money changed so did my handguns.
Today my carry stable is 5handguns that fit me well and Ibshoot well plus they are some of my favorites. I have acquired many over the years and tried the ones I thought would work but these 5 came up on top...:cool:
1. Ruger LCP .380
2. S&W #36 .38
4. Glock 27 .40
5. Beretta Cougar 8040
That’s my carry list and for the most part at my age and travel my main is the LCP.
Have the Glock out this week for something different! :cool:

Big4Freedom

Yes, went through many. All great in their own way. For me, after prob ten years of carry, really came down to size/smooth edges for my own comfort/ability to conceal. I can learn to shoot anything well with practice, even if not my first choice in feel or trigger. I’m not the guy who wants to IWB cc anything larger than subcompact size (glock26/7, Lc9s, p365). I have found my ruger LCP gets most carry, due to size, during t shirt/shorts weather, p365/Lc9s, rest of year. Large, full-sized in owb paddle holster when in the woods. Weight, thickness, and bulk are the things that ultimately determined my ccw choice(s).
Good luck

AK103K

I seem to have a diferent outlook on this. I choose what I shoot best with, and would give me the best chance at anything that might come up, and then figured out how to carry it.

For the past 40 some odd years now, thats pretty much always been a full sized gun, and the same gun, in the same place, day in, day out.

I started with Colt 1911's and carried them for about 25 years. Switched to SIG P220's/226's/229's for awhile, and then to a Glock 17.

Im not real big, and have carried skinny to fat to almost skinny again, and have never had any issues doing that.

Willie Lowman

When I first got my CHL I carried my Glock 22. It was too big to conceal well and I traded it for a Glock 23. A few years later I found a used Glock 26 at a pawn shop. I have carried the 26 for about 8 years now and have no desire to switch.

Black Wolf

I have only been carrying, constantly (adult and off property) for 26 years. So..... I have yet to find that perfect carry piece. How many have I been through? Way more than I want to admit. Hell, I just found the right wife about 12yr ago (been through a couple of those too).

That said, I do like variety (in guns, not women) and tend to "rotate". Also, now that I live in a place with actual seasons, I have warm and cold weather guns (cold weather guns are much bigger. Think M9A3).

I dont know if I will ever stop trying new carry guns. I am done getting married tho :-D

Kevin Rohrer

I've been shooting 1911s in God's Caliber since I was 10-years old. Never saw a need to carry anything else, except for a BHP in .40cal occasionally.

WilsonProtector.jpeg