How Do You Evaluate What's Necessary For EDC

Moonglum

Dude, I don't know where in CO you are from, you say you see Cheyenne mountain from work, so you must be the security guard at some gift store in Manitou Springs, or the choo choo cog-rail.

It is pretty annoying how you keep accusing everybody of not reading your poorly written post and you sternly keep instructing them to go back and re-read it. So far you have done it to:
GE-Minigun in post #11
T. O'Heir #18
CWD4ME in #69
Tunnelrat #47
and myself, in post #79

Yet it is YOU who does not seem to remember what you posted in your own OP. No, your question was not specific to the Skorpion. It was about the AR pistol
(<<people have responded that they're carrying AR pistols and in one case a CZ Scorpion to work>),
to which I responded in posts #70 and #76. So why don't YOU go back and re-read your own OP and then re-read my posts?

Also another question you posited in your OP was <<What criteria do you use to decide what kind of gun you're going to carry on a daily basis? What eventualities are you preparing for? >>
This seemed to be the main question in your OP (is it not?),

and this one I specifically took the time to answer in post #66. You are welcome. You can go back and re-read it too.

Do you have any other questions that you would like us to help you with? I promise we will make sure to read them thoroughly.

From the OP

So my question is how do you make the determination (I'm sorry I can't think of another way to phrase this) that a rifle is what you need to EDC?

What, we have here is.... Failure to communicate.

As well as a serious case of "I'm the smartest guy in the room"

Duly noted

Last edited:

mrt949

The smartest guy in the room leaves before the action starts.
My late father told me the one who leaves is the winner .

raimius

Late to the party,

I would advise respecting the company rules, if you want to keep the job...generally speaking.

If one was to carry more than a concealed pistol, I'd want constant physical possession or some locking mechanism so it is not stolen. The "backpack gun" can work, if you always wear a backpack...most don't. If it's not attached to you, lock it up. The concealed pistol is there for immediate defense. If you need more, you may have to move to it. If leaving a gun in a car, invest in a secure safe/locking system. That way you don't lose it to an opportunistic "smash and grab" thief...preferably in a hidden "vault."

for me, its a balance. whats most comfortable, concealable, and useful.
its all based on what i shoot best, use best, and use most.
i shoot my revolver best, so i carry that. i know its limitations. so i carry reloads. i know the slow reload argument, so ive practiced the reload till i cant get it wrong (2.3 second reload) i tried carrying a med kit on the ankle, it didnt work with the boots i wear and didnt feel right so i stopped carrying it. pepper spray is a must as well for me, i HAVE had to hose someone down before.

i mean, if it were socially acceptable to carry my ar15, pistol with 7 spare mags on a plate carrier rig, screw it id rock it. but it isnt. and i wont be THAT guy.

its all personal preference. this is why i get so annoyed when i see people dogging other peoples EDC. yeah i carry a pill bottle that holds a bluetooth headset. theres a reason for that. i carry eye drops. theres a reason for that (lasik) i carry a boot knife, handcuff keys, ect ect all makes no sense to other people but to me. my mission everyday is to wake up, tackle the day, and come home safe.
so i make sure i have what i need to escape restraints if needed, end a deadly thread if needed, and end a non lethal but dangerous threat if needed and come home to my little boy every day.

Cosmodragoon

Whenever I leave my house, I am carrying various gear. A gun is part of that, usually either a compact semi-auto or small revolver. I change up my carry gun depending on what I'm wearing, where I'm going, what I'm doing, etc. For instance, my woods carry is different than my beach carry, urban versus rural, etc.

I generally don't carry a back-up gun or even spare ammo. Look, I carry because I am preparing based on probability. It is the same as having a fire extinguisher at home. I do it every day, and I practice with what I carry. I don't spend time in really dangerous environments and there is a limit on what I can lug around all day.

Other stuff I carry on my person: knife, flashlight, watch, multi-tool, pry tool, lighter, handkerchief, medical supplies, keys and wallet.