Hey, Hogdogs!

rickyrick

Hey DNS,

I was wondering when you were gonna check in on this.

I noticed too, just the other day, that I swear the pig was released from in front of the truck some place and he looked slightly over fed.

I have ran across a few fat pigs from time to time. but the ones I usually call 'big' are more accurately described as 'fit'

markj

I should dig up the old vids and send em to them folks, show en how we used to do it when I was young.

Had 5 pit bulls, long legged runners not the squat over muscled fighting dogs. These dogs would run the hog to ground, grab ahold and tear it up till you got there with the long knife and did the deed. Slice the throat, stick knife down throat till you hit the heart. That pig is dead!!

I dont run pits any more now. I am old and cant run like I used to.

Was out in the carolinas in the late 70s early 80s. Had dogs frrom a guy name of Grady Cummings.

Hunted deer with them dogs too.

I was wondering when you were gonna check in on this.

Well you know, those were the only things wrong with the show, but I figured that delving into all the incorrect statments that the make about hogs, population growth, sounder composition, population control, and the successfulness of their activities that we would need a whole other thread.

I am continually dismayed by the actual Lady Hoggers preoccupation with population control through the boar side of the sexual equation. One of the hogs caught (in the episodes I watched last night) was a boar and the brunette Lady Hogger was just so proud because a sounder like the one they were chasing has only one boar and since they got the "these right here" (as she pat the hog's testicles) "we have just stopped a lot of problems." Strangely, they don't seem to understand that one boar can and will copulate with lots of females and boars are not in short supply. Sure the boars they catch won't be mating again, but the females will still be getting just as pregnant and continuing to birth new generations.

Any hog removed is a good thing, but the few boars they catch aren't actually doing anything to negatively affect the population, contrary to their claims.

rr2241tx

If you seriously intend to affect the hog population then you need a saloon door and a stack of cow panels and T posts AND a darned good plan for dealing with the number of animals you are going to catch. It's good when you catch one or two, everybody likes sausage. It's a whole 'nuther thing when you check the trap and there's 200 in it.