Guns you rarely shoot

MarkGlazer

Walther P38, carried by my father-in-law in Korea. It resides in the safe, understanding that it doesn't have a great deal of monetary value in the market place, rather a historical piece that I wish to preserve.

God Bless our grand country and the men and women who protect and defend us.

peggysue

As a collector I have or never will shoot at least 250+ of the guns I own.
JBar4Ranch love those two you have. Here are a couple of my holy grail guns still NIB that are no where as impressive.

636250d1390744817t-glimpse-my-little-collection-whitney-1.jpg

700337d1402228769t-glimpse-my-little-collection-semmerling-closed.jpg

Last edited:

SC4006

My mosin nagant M91/30 hardly gets shot anymore, I still take good care of it however. It was my first ever center fire firearm, and I'd say it is quite a nice example of a 91/30. Since acquiring my mosin nagant M44 a while back, it's mainly what I shoot now when I feel like shooting a mosin.

Skans

I own lots of them! Just because I don't shoot them doesn't mean that I don't enjoy them. I have a NIB HAC-7 that's never been shot. Was manufactured in the Mid '80's and I bought it around 2000. I did wear the belt buckle once, though.

cw308

The pictured guns are the weardest guns I've seen from Saturday night specials to zip guns. New York City lingo.

peggysue

cw308 "The pictured guns are the weirdest guns I've seen from Saturday night specials to zip guns. New York City lingo."

The picture guns on this thread are big bucks and not a Saturday night special or zip guns. LOL

Jbar4Ranch

peggysue said:
JBar4Ranch love those two you have. Here are a couple of my holy grail guns still NIB that are no where as impressive.
I've never actually laid eyes on a Semmerling.

Here's another one I believe to be unfired, not absolutely sure, but I've never shot it.

MarkCO

Marlin 922M. I like it, but it has been at least 10 years since I shot it. Used to hunt varmints and rodents with it a lot.

Remington 572 Fieldmaster. My boys put a few hundred rounds each through it several years back, but I have not shot it in at least 5 or 6 years.

Taurus M65. Was the first handgun I bought and it has about 15K through it, but I do not shoot it more than a few rounds every few years.

All the others get shot on at least an annual basis for the hunting guns, quarterly for defense guns and monthly for the competition guns.

aarondhgraham

I have so many now that very few get shot a lot, I have several that I bought for the collection that I shot once cleaned up and have been in the safe since only get taken out fondled and wiped back down and put back in the safe.

I have the same dilemma,,,
Except that I shot the heck out of them,,,
Then I cleaned and oiled them for cabinet storage..

I decided that twice a year I take every gun that I own,,,
And I plan one long day of shooting at the range.

Sometimes I'm reminded of why I bought them in the first place. ;)

Last day was in March,,,
Next will be in September.

Aarond

mavracer

Jbar and Peggy you all feel free to post as many pics as you want those are awesome. I love that you've actually shot the Liberator Jbar.

Adizzle19

I have a Mosin I don't shoot much. It takes the most expensive ammo I stock and it takes longer to clean than my other guns. It was my first ever so I'll never sell it.

Machineguntony

I have a Steyr AUG that I bought for the reason that it was in Die Hard, one of my favorite movies of all time. I hardly ever shoot it, although to be fair, the trigger isn't as bad as people say. The two stage trigger does take some getting used to.

drobs

My goal next during next month's vacation is to shoot every gun in my safe.
There's a .303 Enfield in there that hasn't been shot in at least 10 years.

I might pass on the 300 Win Mag though or save it for last. It's a rifle I find best shot wearing heavy winter clothing and Carhartt jacket.

Skans

My goal next during next month's vacation is to shoot every gun in my safe.

This is an admirable goal. While I will never be able to do this, I have always wanted to shoot my 1907 Colt SAA 45LC. There is no reason that I can find not to put 6 rounds through this gun just so that this little bit of history will somehow include me too! So, I think I'll make shooting that gun my a goal.

curt.45

ok my jaw just hit the floor, i don't have a count on what i own but that's way to many for me......sort of........unless/untill i get a better paying job.

Bluestarlizzard

Mostly stuff around here gets shot a lot when it first arrives and then either ends up in Dad's never ending rotation of what he wants to have loaded at any given time (usually three or four of the handguns, a couple rifles and at least one shotgun) or it almost never gets shot because it has a non defensive purpose or, in one case, sentimental value. If something doesn't get into the rotation or doesn't have another purpose (and fun is considered to be a purpose ;) ), eventually it will get sold to get something else. I'm less rotational with my fewer personal guns, but same deal.

The gun with sentimental value is my S&W model 19. The only time I really pull it out anymore is if a wheel gun nut wants to play with it. The .22s are on hand because you should always have a few and they are good for teaching. I don't know the last time Dad shot one and I don't really care too (I got burned out on .22) so mostly they collect dust. Funnsies are primarily the Mosin's and my SKS.

mrray13

My 1961 Python. 3rd owner, have never shot it, probably never will. I have a 1974 Python that was bought as a shooter.

My lone bolt gun doesn't get shot much, I need to remedy that. Nothing special, Savage Axis Edge in .223. Even though the trigger is heavy, it's accurate and fun. Thinking of putting it in the squad car alongside the M16A2.....