Guns you rarely shoot

C7AR15

Do you own a gun or two that you really like, but almost never shoot ?

I have a Walther PPK, got it 20 years ago for $150. Supposedly they were all German Police pistols, that were not allowed into the U.S. because of the Gun control act of 1968. So a local dealer got them at a low, low price.

I really like this gun because it was so far ahead of it's time. The safety works as a decocking lever, loaded chamber indicator pin, disassemble by pulling trigger guard down, fixed barrel and on and on

Thing is .32 ammo costs a lot.
Got a box of 50 and shot them all off, first time in 5 years !!

What's your rarely used gun ?

cw308

A scoped S&W mod 29 44 Mag. With a 8 3/8" barrel with the new lock up system on the cylinder. Like new condition, fun revolver to shoot, bought it new over 20+ years ago. Last time I shot it was 12 years ago. Getting the bug to load up some cases & shoot that blow torch again. Thanks for asking, tomorrow I'll tumble 50 cases and get started again.

Last edited:

jersurf101

I have a Carl Gustav 1913 Swedish Mauser that I love to shoot but rarely do. It b is easily the most dinged and beat up milsurp that I own. All of the finish has been scrubbed off on any exposed metal and it came to me in cosmolene. The sights are shoot 12 to 18 inches high making it difficult to shoot well but the 6.5 is so pleasant on the shoulder. Every time I shoot it I get an urge to put a scope on it for deer season. So I put it away and don't shoot the old Swedish Mauser much;)

Ozzieman

On D day every year, I take my fathers Fabrique Nationale Browning Belgium, Model 1910/22 that he took off a Nazi officer during the war and put 6 rounds through it.

Last edited:

mavracer

I have so many now that very few get shot a lot, I have several that I bought for the collection that I shot once cleaned up and have been in the safe since only get taken out fondled and wiped back down and put back in the safe.

madmo44mag

A safe full of WW2 battle rifles from both the U.S. their allies and the Axis powers.
A Ruger SBH 44mag with a 10 inch bull barrel seldom ever see's the range.
For the most part the rest of my pistols and revolvers see semi regular use as I rotate them on a regular bases..
The more ya have the less they get shot it seems.

98 220 swift

I have my first guns I ever had. My grandfather gave me a old iver Johnson 410 when I was 8. He also gave me a old springfield semi auto 22 that was his fathers when I was 10. Neither get shot much any more but when I was young they got used a lot. I also have some old milsurps that don't get shot very much. Some just don't shoot very well so they sit. A jap 99 with a full mum, a styer m95 carbine, a Spanish 93 mauser and a Czech vz24. Some other mislurps get shot fairly often but not these.

Shenna9220

I have a Stevens 16 ga single shot my Dad got from the local hardware store for my 14th birthday. I retired it after teaching my oldest boy to shoot clays 15 years ago. I also have a 27 year old S&W model 41 with a 7 inch barrel. It only comes out to be cleaned.

ms6852

I have a Taurus 44 hunter which is no longer made. It has a 12" barrel and use it about every 3 months or when ever I go hog hunting. It's a fun gun but I have so many other fun guns I like to shoot more frequently.

lamarw

It is a Colt M1911 Manufactured on Oct. 11, 1918 and delivered to the U.S. Govt. at Bush Terminal Brooklyn, NY on Oct. 15, 1918. I bought it July 4th, 1911 and fired 5 rounds. It has not been fired since then.

Gunplummer

My ex tried that crap and took off with a couple rifles. I sent the cops after her and got them back. Don't you believe what lawyers tell you about that stuff. Lawyers are just looking for a fast buck.

kozak6

I used to like my Mosin much more before I fired it. I think the Russians pressure treated the stock with cosmoline by accident, and I almost need a mallet to work the action. Even after polishing the chamber. I think I'm just gonna use it as wall hanger since I paid hardly anything for it.

My 10/22. I have half a brick of pre-panic .22 lr left. That's about one range trip, or maybe a trip and a half. Somehow, .22 lr is still hard to come by, and it pisses me off too much to shell out $50 a brick.

Kvon2

I own a Taurus circuit judge and it is so much fun to shoot but both .410 and .45 Colt are just too expensive to shoot often.

When I do I usually get different .410 shells to see how they perform. Very rarely do I feed it .45 Colt.

gunnre

JC Higgens model 20 12 ga from the '50's that was my father's. Revelation 225 30-30 first gun I bought in HS in the '70s. (Think this is a Mossberg knock off.) I do take it as a back up deer hunter, yet not sure last time I shot it. And a Stevens model 94 16 ga single shot. Was given to me years ago and never shot. This is the firelace display. Have a stainless New Vaquero 357 I've taken out twice in five years. Just too beautiful of a gun, so I had to buy a New Blackhawk Hunter 357 to take to range.
And about the ex thing. It was my righteous a hole big brother that walked off with our dad's Monkey Ward 16 ga over-under and a Glenfield 22 rifle.

vito

I've never thought of my guns as a collection. I see them as useful tools for various purposes, and only one has any sentimental value to me at all. Just recently I sold off two perfectly good guns because I almost never use them, a S&W 640 and a Browning Buckmark. I'm considering selling a couple more just because I don't have a specific use/need for them and rarely take them to the range. For me, guns have three purposes: home defense, concealed carry, and target shooting. I could get down to five guns and feel that I meet all of those needs, plus the one gun that I have an emotional attachment to. If I don't shoot them, it means I don't need them, and so its time to consider getting rid of them.

Jbar4Ranch

I've never shot this one.

And only six very reduced handloads through this one.

I used to be the gun room manager for a major retailer, and picked up several guns on sale and closeout at prices that were just too good to pass up, and have never put a round through them.

krimmie

I've been getting rid of guns I don't use, gifting a few "family" guns to my brothers, while selling and trading a few others that just sat there. I'm pretty happy with what I'm left with, and they all get used now, depending on the season.