"Gotta Have Gun" - what was your last "gotta have gun"?

My last gotta have gun has cost me my next gotta have gun for three years. I really wanted a Glock 19 (as opposed to the PT111 I was carrying or the Hi-Point c9 I started with) and I don't have a large amount of discretionary money. My wife didn't want me to buy it, cause between the two previously mentioned guns and her Bersa .380, we had purchased three guns in about four months (I got bit by the bug, sue me). In order to get the Glock that I was jonesing for, I made a deal that I wouldn't buy another gun for three years. It's been maybe six months and I'm already trying to figure out how to get out of it so I can buy a Taurus 709 slim.:D

UniversalFrost

XD45 4" service model in stainless and coyote tan and it is a keeper!

and I just gotta finish the deal on a must have 700 BDL DM stainless in 300 Win Mag (just waiting on the seller to email me back so I can send out FFL and money order) :D

wpcexpert

Mine would be last year. I had to have the Ruger Mini-14 Target Ranch rifle. Laminate stock, with a nickle Burris scope.

OOps, I forgot about the Rem 700 in .223 with the John plaster stock. Gander Mt. had it way over priced for 2 years at $1200. I was in there one day and it had a $400 price tag on it. I had to have it.

Last edited:

Edward429451

Well I suppose that would be my 1895G 45/70. I've wanted one for a long time.

My 1992 Dodge Caravan was getting long in the tooth mileage-wise and I figured even with maximum maintenance it only had a few years left, and it occured to me that I could get me a 45/70 that with even minimum maintenance would last several lifetimes so...:D sold it for 1K and got the rifle.

What a great idea.

Jeremiah/Az

Kahr P380. Showing it to the guys at the gunclub, one asked why I bought it when I already had a PM9. I replied,"I have no idea."

greensteelforge

My last "gotta have it" was my 1885 Winchester High Wall. I was home on leave from Iraq, and couldn't wait to have something 180 degrees from my M4. I have since traded off all my modern military weapons (save one) for more old winchesters, and a beautiful old shovel-head harley. Gotta have can turn into gotta go so quickly.

MacGille

My 1858 Remington New Model Army (Italian Replica) in .44 cap and Ball. Great looking and very accurate boomer. I am making a shoulder holster for it so I can CC it. Imagine the look of the face of the local gangsters who try to hold me up when I produce an 8 1/2" barreled .44. If you think its not good for CC, tell that to Wild Bill Hickock.

Last Gun I had to have was a Saiga 12....just because I owned its brother the Saiga 308 and I saw the 12gauge and I figured it could keep the 308 company;):cool:

Tucker 1371

Right now they are a Smith 686 SSR and an M1A SOCOM and the first good 1911 I can afford. If the Masada/ACR from whatever company ever comes out it will definitely be on the list.

RJM

Browning Silver Lightning, 12 guage 26" barrel. Great looking and feeling shotgun, but I really have no real use for it because I have a Winchester Sx3, which is basically the same gun with a different stock and finish configuration. I had to have it and now I do. Shoots great too.

The one on my list, right now that I need to have but don't really need is a Ruger sp101, 2 1/4" barrel with bobbed hammer in .357 magnum.

WIN71

Gotta have

The last one was a pre 64 Mod 70 in 300 H&H. It took a while to find one I liked. Before that it was a pre war in 30-06. I hunt with both of them.

EdInk

Just got a gsg .22 while I still can and gunbroker prices go up. Next either a vaquero or 1911 followed by either a tactical shotgun or black rifle sorry it's between ak and fal just can't make myself like the ar plAtform.

SHOOTER13

"Gotta Have"...

My Tommy Gun...

TOMMYGUN1927a1small-1.jpg

1927A1RECEIVER.jpg