"Gotta Have Gun" - what was your last "gotta have gun"?

Skans

The point of this thread is to have everyone reflect on all of the guns they've admired and possibly purchased and think about the last time you saw a unique gun that you just had to have. I mean one that really screamed "TAKE ME HOME"!

Not a gun that you purchased for some practical reason, but one that truly stood apart from all others where you thought to yourself, "boy, this is the coolist gun / rifle / shotgun - I just GOTTA HAVE IT.

My last "gotta have" gun would be my EAA Stock 10mm. Before that I'd have to travel back some years and say it was a Steyr GB.

Tom2

I have bought lots of gotta have guns on impulse. Usually they ended up serving little purpose in the lineup and traded off eventually. So I kinda look for something with a specific role nowadays, unless it is really cheap, then you can say buy it for fun. Lot of cheap surplus imports are like that. Who needs a Mosin rifle? Ridiculous as compared to a Mauser or a Springfield, but so cheap it is irresistable to have one. Now if it were more expensive, it would have to pass scrutiny and be forgotten.

mavracer

I suppose it'd count if I drove 75mi cause I heard they had a Lipsey's 44 special flattop Ruger there. Not one single thing I can do with it that I don't already have 2 others that would do it just as well. But I needed it bad just had to have it. Now I just need one more gun LOL.

docpadds

Browning HiPower. Was first semi i shot when young.

Bought a beauty, and within 8 hours went and bought a second one :)

Beentown71

Customized 10/22. I already have 10 .22lr's. But I just had to have it. Everytime my wife opens my closet she asks why I need so many bricks of .22 (5000 rounds).

Then I open the safe and we start diminishing the stack ;)

Beentown

Kreyzhorse

My last gotta have gun was my Ruger LCP. It was when the gun first came out and was pretty hard to get. Stumbled on one, and while I was interested in seeing one, I was hooked the first time I held it. Granted, it wasn't unique or that rare, but man I was hooked on that little gun.

Before that, my last "Oh my God!" gun was a Ruger No. 1. Wasn't a big fan of the set up until I found a pristine used 45-70 Gov't that looked like it had never been fired. When I threw that gun up to my shoulder, I was floored. Great handling rifle, damn accurate and while my first intention was to use it without a scope, my old eyes just didn't see it that way. Anyway, still happy with it and really enjoy looking at it and hunting with it.

fisherman66

My last gotta have gun was my Ruger LCP. It was when the gun first came out and was pretty hard to get. Stumbled on one, and while I was interested in seeing one, I was hooked the first time I held it. Granted, it wasn't unique or that rare, but man I was hooked on that little gun.

Before that, my last "Oh my God!" gun was a Ruger No. 1

Exactly the same story here. It's like we are twins separated at birth.

DiscoRacing

long ago... when i had just turned 23... i got a desert eagle .44 mag.. it seemed like too much gun for me then.... i got discouraged by my lack of marksmanship/price of ammo.... i sold it... .now im going to buy one again.... i have to have it.... am going all out for the nickel finish this time...

2DaMtns

I posted a story in the rifle forums about my most recent one, a Remington 722 300 savage, cause it's what my dad and grandpa hunted with, and what I killed my first buck with.

Bigfatts

Here's mine, it's a Steyr that someone sporterized and turned into a take down. Nice engraving, nice wood with nice checkering. A take down with double set triggers? How could I resist? I got it for (what I consider) a good price. I haven't actually got it yet, in fact I send the MO for it off tomorrow. Before that it was a High Standard K-120 riot gun. Slickest pump I've ever had and clover leafs slugs at 50 yds with irons and a smooth bore.

pix493277656.jpg

MosinM38

Ever since I had started reading gun magazines(reading pictures), I had been wanting a savage 99.

2 years ago I snagged a 99 in .300 savage for $342 and have been ultra-thrilled ever since. Amazing little rifle.

Latest gotta have? AR-180B. I got it, plumb happy, just waiting to get a scope to mount on it, but informal plinking, it seems pretty good.

I don't really have any "Gotta haves" now......Money is really tight, and I maybe shouldn't have bought the 180B....But it was only $585....

fastforty

My safe is stuffed with gotta have guns, LOL (not gonna list them all).

My current gotta have is a Springfield EMP. They are scarce at best, almost endangered here in PRK. After seeing them spotlighted on Guns & Gear, it was a 99% done deal. I lucked out & got to hold one at a local shop that had just gotten it in, after waiting 2 years to get it. Once I got my hands wrapped around it, I absolutely 200% HAVE to have one. Good thing is, cash is on hand & earmarked for it :)